Is Football Becoming Too Political?

Is football too Political?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Site Owner

I'm going to say yes as you have:

1. Black Lives Matter
  2. Free School Meals for kids
  3. Flags of worn torn countries being shown on display.
  4. Gay Corner Flags

It just does my tits in, i've not been to a game for 3+ years. As I spend my money on other things I can enjoy with the missus as she's not into football one little bit. But when I started going in the early 90's it was great, we hardly had the minutes silences, nothing rammed in our faces about BLM, racism, gay corner flags or anything else. It was just football, I'd turn up at the game 30 mins before kickoff to enjoy the buildup, then the shit music would come on for the teams coming out then they would flip the coin to decide where they were kicking towards and that was it.

Now we have the kneeling of players before kickoff, which if i'm honest, instantly makes me turn off he TV and gets me a little angry. Then the gay corner flags, what happened to normal corner flags, if your gay, so be it, I don't really care. People just go to football to get away from politics and for 90+ minutes a couple of times a week they can just discuss and watch the game with their mates whilst also having a few pints!!

4 hours ago, boro_boy said:

As I spend my money on other things I can enjoy with the missus as she's not into football one little bit.

and we know what these activities consist of....don't we peeps..... Smile Wink GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

5 hours ago, boro_boy said:

I'm going to say yes as you have:

1. Black Lives Matter
  2. Free School Meals for kids
  3. Flags of worn torn countries being shown on display.
  4. Gay Corner Flags

It just does my tits in, i've not been to a game for 3+ years. As I spend my money on other things I can enjoy with the missus as she's not into football one little bit. But when I started going in the early 90's it was great, we hardly had the minutes silences, nothing rammed in our faces about BLM, racism, gay corner flags or anything else. It was just football, I'd turn up at the game 30 mins before kickoff to enjoy the buildup, then the shit music would come on for the teams coming out then they would flip the coin to decide where they were kicking towards and that was it.

Now we have the kneeling of players before kickoff, which if i'm honest, instantly makes me turn off he TV and gets me a little angry. Then the gay corner flags, what happened to normal corner flags, if your gay, so be it, I don't really care. People just go to football to get away from politics and for 90+ minutes a couple of times a week they can just discuss and watch the game with their mates whilst also having a few pints!!

Yep.... fuck aff with all this shit, we want to watch a match and gee the opposition a hard time....

Makes me wonder why people still want to go to grounds to watch a bunch of spoilt overpaid brats rolling about on the ground, the sight of them 2 Black so called 'stars' draping themselves in a terrorist flag means it's a big YES.

As in everything with money there is politics, and the brainwashed public follow the trend.

The world is too political, everyone has an opinion and everyone must be heard. Social media is a cancer.

1 minute ago, DOC said:

Don’t forget the almost compulsory wearing of the poppy every November. 

Now that comment could kick off an argument because i for one would say wearing the 'poppy' is patriotic and not politic:beer

2 hours ago, sployal said:

Now that comment could kick off an argument because i for one would say wearing the 'poppy' is patriotic and not politic:beer

Aren’t they inextricably linked? 

Definitely . I now cringe when players take the knee. I think we have all now got the message.

Football is nowhere the same like it was in the 1980's. that was proper football. Nowadays players are tackled and they go down like they have been shot.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, Ronaldo moving Coke bottles at interview table and drinking water, Pogba pushing Heineken bottle away even though alcohol free because he is Muslim.

Fuck em! They want the riches from sponsorship though. So disrespectful! Cunts!

• Site Owner
6 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Yes, Ronaldo moving Coke bottles at interview table and drinking water, Pogba pushing Heineken bottle away even though alcohol free because he is Muslim.

Its not disrespectful, their agents will be doing deals behind their backs, i doubt they personally pick their own sponsors!!!

8 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

They take the money!

Disrespectful!

• Site Owner
55 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

They take the money!

Disrespectful!

Why are you talking to yourself :lol:

I'm sure their agents sort everything out, so nothing to do with the players. Who cares anyway!