Father's Day!

superally

Hope you all had a good one, as good as it can be with current restrictions. My kids did a few nice thing's for me, tho the big thing for me today, was my Granddaughters 21st which was mostly celebrated family wise last weekend,leaving her to her own thing this weekend (at her request). Have to say i got a bit emotional at what my oldest son gave me. The time and effort and thought he must have put into that is what got to me. A gift that will be treasured forever.

12 minutes ago, superally said:

Hope you all had a good one, as good as it can be with current restrictions. My kids did a few nice thing's for me, tho the big thing for me today, was my Granddaughters 21st which was mostly celebrated family wise last weekend,leaving her to her own thing this weekend (at her request). Have to say i got a bit emotional at what my oldest son gave me. The time and effort and thought he must have put into that is what got to me. A gift that will be treasured forever.

fucking hell i never thought you were that old 😄

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I did ok. 6 cards, a nice keyring and a full subscription to My Heritage DNA. Haven't looked at that yet though. Also a nice wooden handled knife and sharpener. 

Glad you got a knife Mags, i have a nice collection, 1 of my best pieces is an original Ghurka knife that could cut your hand off with a simple swipe.

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Sweet!

This is a wooden handle knife. Absolutely razor sharp. I reckon you could shave with it. Too nice for fishing. She got it from France!

I have a lovely Smith & Wesson knife in my fishing tackle. Found in a hotel room in Pennsylvania USA some years ago. 

Is it a Laguiole?

I have a few, 1 has lovely wooden handle made from 'Bois de Violette', a real craftsmans knife.

38 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Sweet!

This is a wooden handle knife. Absolutely razor sharp. I reckon you could shave with it. Too nice for fishing. She got it from France!

I have a lovely Smith & Wesson knife in my fishing tackle. Found in a hotel room in Pennsylvania USA some years ago. 

i like smith & wesson. the S&W model 29 chambered 44 magnum is what every growing lad needs 😄

44 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Sweet!

My drug dealer want's to know how you get these thing's through customs.

• Administrator
13 hours ago, UNIQUE said:

you mean your wife got you nothing 🤣

I'm not married yet haha, thats happening in April 🙂 

But i'm not her father so i'm glad she didn't, that would be weird. :lol:

But I think I know what you mean, she never give me anything from the pets haha

• Administrator
13 hours ago, Bastion said:

I'd rather receive a pigs foot and a pint a milk, than a knife..,..🤣

That's a weird combination!!  :lol:

12 hours ago, superally said:

My drug dealer want's to know how you get these thing's through customs.

:lol: fair one!!

5 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I don't know much about it if I am honest mate. This is it...

IMG_20210623_091436269.jpg

IMG_20210623_091508240.jpg

That's a nice Opinel penknife Mags, the most common penknife sold in France. Most boys and men carry one, it is sturdy and has a very sharp blade.

Between the blade and handle the metal ring can be twisted to block the blade from folding during use, i have had dozens of Opinel's over the years and i must still have a few in the house somewhere.

Apart from gutting and cleaning fish they are mostly used to cut open bread and slice sausage, cheese, onions etc to make a snack (casse-croute in French), it is not uncommon to see men in the bar pulling out their Opinel to make a snack while having a beer or a glass of red wine.

They come in all sizes with the biggest having a blade over 6 inches long, millions are sold World wide each year.

8 minutes ago, sployal said:

That's a nice Opinel penknife Mags, the most common penknife sold in France. Most boys and men carry one, it is sturdy and has a very sharp blade.

Between the blade and handle the metal ring can be twisted to block the blade from folding during use, i have had dozens of Opinel's over the years and i must still have a few in the house somewhere.

Apart from gutting and cleaning fish they are mostly used to cut open bread and slice sausage, cheese, onions etc to make a snack (casse-croute in French), it is not uncommon to see men in the bar pulling out their Opinel to make a snack while having a beer or a glass of red wine.

They come in all sizes with the biggest having a blade over 6 inches long, millions are sold World wide each year.

It definitely has a nice feel to it and as you say the blade is razor sharp.