Fucking Cars!!!!

boro_boy

• Administrator
I've been having a few problems with my Focus, originally I kept getting the following errors up on my OBD reader.

P042F
P244A
Diesel - Particulate Filter Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1

The car would go into limp mode, but I'd clear the warnings with my OBD reader and the power would come back. I've been doing that for about 2 months. But now when I clear the warnings, it remains in limp mode.

I travelled from Middlesbrough to Faslane early this morning and I had "Engine Malfunction" warning come up and the car is now limited to 3000 revs. I have also been getting this new error code: 

P0299 - Turbocharger / supercharger Underboost

I have noticed though, once I get the Engine Malfunction warning up and continue to drive, clear the warning, then stop the car (say at roundabouts or traffic lights) with the engine still on, the limp mode stops but then the engine malfunction warning comes up within a minute if I'm on a motorway, but if I'm sticking to 30mph it doesn't come back up until I hit higher speeds (Probably when the revs are above 3,000RPM).

Fucking hate cars, going to whack it in the garage thu/friday probably cost £500+ knowing my luck! I've had a quick read up on it and I think its my EGR valve!! I could fix it myself but rather pay someone to diagnose it!!!

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:
I've been having a few problems with my Focus, originally I kept getting the following errors up on my OBD reader.

P042F
P244A

The car would go into limp mode, but I'd clear the warnings with my OBD reader and the power would come back. I've been doing that for about 2 months. But now when I clear the warnings, it remains in limp mode.

I travelled from Middlesbrough to Faslane early this morning and I had "Engine Malfunction" warning come up and the car is now limited to 3000 revs. I have also been getting this new error code: 

I have noticed though, once I get the Engine Malfunction warning up and continue to drive, clear the warning, then stop the car (say at roundabouts or traffic lights) with the engine still on, the limp mode stops but then the engine malfunction warning comes up within a minute if I'm on a motorway, but if I'm sticking to 30mph it doesn't come back up until I hit higher speeds (Probably when the revs are above 3,000RPM).

Fucking hate cars, going to whack it in the garage thu/friday probably cost £500+ knowing my luck! I've had a quick read up on it and I think its my EGR valve!! I could fix it myself but rather pay someone to diagnose it!!!

Not a fucking clue what you're on about mate but..............I thought you had an Insignia ?

£500 ?.....pffft. Got that in my gambling stash. You'd have more cash if you ate normal and didn't buy that vegan shit.....lol

• Administrator
11 minutes ago, Harold said:

Not a fucking clue what you're on about mate but..............I thought you had an Insignia ?

£500 ?.....pffft. Got that in my gambling stash. You'd have more cash if you ate normal and didn't buy that vegan shit.....lol

I do, but i've been putting more miles on the Ford (The Missus's car)

That vegan food is expensive!!!!!

heres what you do. you put the car in a garage that has no security then you pay a crack head £50 to set fire to the car that means the garage insurence will pay you out for your car and your insurence wont go up. then buy a new car with the money. my brother has pulled this stunt 2-3 times. 👍

• Administrator
20 minutes ago, Bastion said:

The Heap wants a new car, I'm happy enough with what we have until we need to change......

Wonder what will develop.......:beer

The heap :lol: mines after one, but i'm not getting a new one any time soon, if this car gets too expensive to run then i'll get rid of the fucker and we will be down to 1 car. we don't really need 2 cars at the moment anyway, but its always handy to have 2, one for the dogs and one for the humans haha. 

18 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

heres what you do. you put the car in a garage that has no security then you pay a crack head £50 to set fire to the car that means the garage insurence will pay you out for your car and your insurence wont go up. then buy a new car with the money. my brother has pulled this stunt 2-3 times. 👍

Dodgy cunt :lol:

26 minutes ago, Bastion said:

The Heap wants a new car, I'm happy enough with what we have until we need to change......

Wonder what will develop.......:beer

here's how it goes....you'll be on the train on Friday/Saturday night and the next day whenever you arise with a fuzzy heid, she'll tell you a load of shite about you agreeing to...blah blah blah. You'll think to yourself....well I love that wummin, I must have said that so I'll go along with that! Fucking PUNKED!!!!!!!....lol

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

P042F
P244A

What’s the smoke like from exhaust?

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

start the car and leave it in nutral and rev the cunt out of it for 5 mins. i might just need a blow through. 

I'll do that on Wednesday when I drive home. Would be good if it was simple as that. Hopefully it doesn't go back into limp mode.

55 minutes ago, Harold said:

here's how it goes....you'll be on the train on Friday/Saturday night and the next day whenever you arise with a fuzzy heid, she'll tell you a load of shite about you agreeing to...blah blah blah. You'll think to yourself....well I love that wummin, I must have said that so I'll go along with that! Fucking PUNKED!!!!!!!....lol

🤣

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

I'll do that on Wednesday when I drive home. Would be good if it was simple as that. Hopefully it doesn't go back into limp mode.

Just take it out and blast it. Motorway. It will clear error.

Or buy a German car.