Covid and International Travel

Mr Magnificent

As you all know I just got back from the States. It was exhausting and worth it but honestly they are so strict on Covid at every airport.

We got Covid tests the day before we left, but foreign airline would not accept it. They rinse money out of you for quick tests everywhere....Threaten you with not being able to travel. It is shit! Especially when you look at news and see 400 sailed over assisted by the RNLI with no Covid tests or fuck all!

My advice is unless it is an absolute emergency then don't bother. We had to go as my wife's young nephew committed suicide and she wanted to support her sister as we couldn't attend funeral. There was also another health issue involving a family member that needed addressing.

The whole trip cost us 瞿6 grand when normally we are looking at 瞿4 grand. The Covid testing was a major part of that.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

As you all know I just got back from the States. It was exhausting and worth it but honestly they are so strict on Covid at every airport.

We got Covid tests the day before we left, but foreign airline would not accept it. They rinse money out of you for quick tests everywhere....Threaten you with not being able to travel. It is shit! Especially when you look at news and see 400 sailed over assisted by the RNLI with no Covid tests or fuck all!

My advice is unless it is an absolute emergency then don't bother. We had to go as my wife's young nephew committed suicide and she wanted to support her sister as we couldn't attend funeral. There was also another health issue involving a family member that needed addressing.

The whole trip cost us 瞿6 grand when normally we are looking at 瞿4 grand. The Covid testing was a major part of that.

How much did the tests cost you?

Yeah all travel businesses will be rinsing customers for lost income for the past 18 months.

very sorry to hear about your family troubles mate. send our love to your good wife and family mate.歹

26 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Can't see me travelling anywhere soon.....

18 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

How much did the tests cost you?

Yeah all travel businesses will be rinsing customers for lost income for the past 18 months.

瞿70 as we went out.

瞿150 to get a day 2 and day 8 test but then Boris cancelled day 8 testing but we can't get our money back.

$190 for a day 3 lateral flow test them another $190 to get another one to come home.

Plus Mrs has a huge phone bill as she had to keep calling back to UK to ratify what we needed.

It is shit, unless you have to them don't do it. We will be sticking to scooters and tent until things improve.

25 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

very sorry to hear about your family troubles mate. send our love to your good wife and family mate.歹

It has been a tough few months mate. Really has. I know I am a twat on here but really I am a good family man.

I never even had chance to sleep really today as my old man is really unwell too. Nothing good coming out of that either! Lung cancer!

Covid has done a number on the US too. They can't get waitresses or people to do tipped jobs as they are all collecting unemployment.

Everywhere in my wife's home town were hiring. Sheetz the petrol station just down from our hotel were offering $14:50 an hour to run the till. Life in your hands mind! Bang bang. 不不不

IMG_20210720_140647094.jpg

5 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Covid has done a number on the US too. They can't get waitresses or people to do tipped jobs as they are all collecting unemployment.

Everywhere in my wife's home town were hiring. Sheetz the petrol station just down from our hotel were offering $14:50 an hour to run the till. Life in your hands mind! Bang bang. 不不不

IMG_20210720_140647094.jpg

lots of photos but no Mags or family, strange trip, must have a one sided camara不

9 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Screenshot_20210722-213347.png

Wow Mags, that's a great family photo, the wife and kids? and grandkids? are all smiling and happy.不

Family in law are looking good, all healthy and full USA smiles, i just love this family photo, post a couple more please.不

Can't help thinking back 3 or so years ago, when Mags, ( tho a different username back then) was posting pictures (googled) from his Eastern European tour. So many different IP addresses it was unreal, The Slovakian train journey photo's had a Birmingham I P address, the Prague ones were a Russian IP address etc, etc, all in the space of a few hours. Farcical beyond belief. Members at that time actually felt insulted by the fact he expected them to believe it. The IP addresses were posted uo by either myself or BB, can't remember, tho anybody who could be arsed to take the time, could troll the forum and eventually find it.

My big issue is tho, after paying megabucks for flights, covid tests etc-etc, and then having limited time with your family, who are suffering, losses etc ( we have all been through that). How the feck do you find time to post on a forum? Seriously that is what i don't understand.

9 hours ago, sployal said:

Wow Mags, that's a great family photo, the wife and kids? and grandkids? are all smiling and happy.不

Family in law are looking good, all healthy and full USA smiles, i just love this family photo, post a couple more please.不

8 hours ago, superally said:

Can't help thinking back 3 or so years ago, when Mags, ( tho a different username back then) was posting pictures (googled) from his Eastern European tour. So many different IP addresses it was unreal, The Slovakian train journey photo's had a Birmingham I P address, the Prague ones were a Russian IP address etc, etc, all in the space of a few hours. Farcical beyond belief. Members at that time actually felt insulted by the fact he expected them to believe it. The IP addresses were posted uo by either myself or BB, can't remember, tho anybody who could be arsed to take the time, could troll the forum and eventually find it.

My big issue is tho, after paying megabucks for flights, covid tests etc-etc, and then having limited time with your family, who are suffering, losses etc ( we have all been through that). How the feck do you find time to post on a forum? Seriously that is what i don't understand.

Ok girls, you had your bit of fun trolling...Now jog on! SP my offer of the MAGA hat still stands, but you really should cut down on the booze a bit.

This is another thing I don't get....Self isolation from amber countries has finished so I can go anywhere today, but I have to take a covid test tomorrow?

What the fuck is all that about when I could have been infecting loadsa people yesterday? It makes no sense at all!

This is another thing I don't get....Self isolation from amber countries has finished so I can go anywhere today, but I have to take a covid test tomorrow?

What the fuck is all that about when I could have been infecting loadsa people yesterday? It makes no sense at all!

Very little makes sense to be fair.

• Administrator
45 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

It's all stupid.

I got alerted to isolate from the app with 7 days remaining, the missus with 8 days. So I was wondering about potentially spreading it.

I've only got the app for.time off haha.