An open letter from James Tavernier

Makdee

30 Jul 21CLUB

LETTER FROM CLUB CAPTAIN, JAMES TAVERNIER

Dear season ticket holder,

The last 16 months have been difficult, right across the world. Every single person has been impacted, with some losing their very lives from Covid. We cannot forget that we must use this opportunity to create as much positivity and unity within our famous ground.

We brought home ‘55’ last season, in almost record time. However, there were some dark and difficult moments along the way. Sadly, at some stage during the season, every one of our BAME players received racist abuse online. That is a sad indictment on society and shows just how much work still needs to be done to eradicate it. Add in the fact one of our players received sickening racist abuse on the pitch. Racism is a problem in football, that is an inarguable fact.

As a team and as a club, we must not only stand up against racism, but fight against it- every single day. Whenever our players were abused last season, the way in which our fanbase stood behind us was nothing short of amazing.

Many people have given arguments for and against certain political organisations. Arguments against their actions, and what they purport to stand for. I’ve no interest in all that, neither do my teammates or coaching staff. We will take the knee to stand against racism, nothing more, and nothing less.

That is why we will take the knee prior to our games. This is a very simple, but we hope, effective gesture. It is a symbolic stance against racism, nothing more and nothing less.

At the start of each game this season, and throughout the 90 minutes, please show the world exactly why you are a special fan base. Support every player who is proud to wear the badge of the famous RFC.

We are as strong as strong can be.

I cannot wait to hear you roar from the stands of Ibrox Park. 

James Tavernier

Rangers Captain

12 minutes ago, Makdee said:
30 Jul 21CLUB

The last 16 months have been difficult, right across the world. Every single person has been impacted, with some losing their very lives from Covid. We cannot forget that we must use this opportunity to create as much positivity and unity within our famous ground.

We brought home ‘55’ last season, in almost record time. However, there were some dark and difficult moments along the way. Sadly, at some stage during the season, every one of our BAME players received racist abuse online. That is a sad indictment on society and shows just how much work still needs to be done to eradicate it. Add in the fact one of our players received sickening racist abuse on the pitch. Racism is a problem in football, that is an inarguable fact.

As a team and as a club, we must not only stand up against racism, but fight against it- every single day. Whenever our players were abused last season, the way in which our fanbase stood behind us was nothing short of amazing.

Many people have given arguments for and against certain political organisations. Arguments against their actions, and what they purport to stand for. I’ve no interest in all that, neither do my teammates or coaching staff. We will take the knee to stand against racism, nothing more, and nothing less.

That is why we will take the knee prior to our games. This is a very simple, but we hope, effective gesture. It is a symbolic stance against racism, nothing more and nothing less.

At the start of each game this season, and throughout the 90 minutes, please show the world exactly why you are a special fan base. Support every player who is proud to wear the badge of the famous RFC.

James Tavernier

Rangers Captain

So they are changing their opinion from the back end of last season ? I thought Connor Godson spoke out against TTK ? Sorry but I totally disagree with what Tavernier is advocating....I will never support anybody that takes that way forward. I will support my team but that shit can fuck off! I hate/detest racism but I will NEVER support TTK....a political gesture than can fuck right off as far as I am concerned.....

All lives matter sign or stamp on white background, vector illustration - 117901143

Sorry booing players before a game has kicked a ball isn’t very good. He says clearly it’s about racism nothing else no political party. 
CG said this about taking the knee last season 

“The centre-back said: "I’ll be honest, taking a knee is a token gesture from the higher authorities.”

He felt that it had lost its meaning at that time  

I feel as a fan I may not like it but I won’t boo our players before a game during a game or after a game 

1 hour ago, Makdee said:
30 Jul 21CLUB

James Tavernier

Rangers Captain

Totally against this statement and bitterly disappointed.

Will not be watching any kick-off while this shit goes on.

42 minutes ago, Makdee said:

He says clearly it’s about racism nothing else no political party. 

Mak....Tavernier can say all he wants...it will never distort the fact that TTK is a political gesture instigated by BLM. I would not boo my team but I will NEVER EVER support this action!

Just now, Harold said:

Mak....Tavernier can say all he wants...it will never distort the fact that TTK is a political gesture instigated by BLM. I would not boo my team but I will NEVER EVER support this action!

I understand that. I am not keen on it either it’s the booing of our own players that gets me and plenty other mate 

instead of trying to convince fans to support a token gesture they dont want why dont they have a T-shirt that says stand up against racism then everyone is happy. lets be honest here nothing they do will end racism anyway

3 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

instead of trying to convince fans to support a token gesture they dont want why dont they have a T-shirt that says stand up against racism then everyone is happy. lets be honest here nothing they do will end racism anyway

So because you feel they will never end it they should do nothing. Well that’s certainly one way of looking at it 

4 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

Someone in a teaching position on e said to me that everyone of us have a little bit of in built racism as a safety mechanism to protect their race. 

1 minute ago, Makdee said:

So because you feel they will never end it they should do nothing. Well that’s certainly one way of looking at it 

my point is why make a fuss about something that has no chance of making any diffrence to the problem. its just another thing that devides people for nothing more than a token gesture to please the lefty woke cunts. 

1 minute ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Someone in a teaching position on e said to me that everyone of us have a little bit of in built racism as a safety mechanism to protect their race. 

and they would be right. ive said for years it dont matter who you are everyone is at least a little bit racist. 

tbh if martin luther king had no affect on racism how the hell is taking the knee going to stop it. its all for show to stop the lefty woke cunts from giving the clubs bad press. 

7 minutes ago, Makdee said:

6AF20C1D-5327-490D-AE0D-73D797818046.jpeg

I want the boo's to ring out, shit like this is simply giving in to so called political correctness, leftist views and wokism. No room for it at Ibrox park.

Do not forget 'No Surrender' and 'We are the People' Them 2 sayings are enough to unite the Rangers.

36 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

my point is why make a fuss about something that has no chance of making any diffrence to the problem. its just another thing that devides people for nothing more than a token gesture to please the lefty woke cunts. 

And my point because you believe it will never end they should say ok fuck it we will not make a sound about it 

31 minutes ago, sployal said:

I want the boo's to ring out, shit like this is simply giving in to so called political correctness, leftist views and wokism. No room for it at Ibrox park.

Do not forget 'No Surrender' and 'We are the People' Them 2 sayings are enough to unite the Rangers.

Going by the people I know who are going and on Social media there won’t be a lot. And seriously what the fuck have those two sayings got to do with racism absolutely nothing 

4 minutes ago, Makdee said:

And my point because you believe it will never end they should say ok fuck it we will not make a sound about it 

im not saying they should not make a sound about it im saying if fans are not happy with the way they are doing it then why not send a message another way. my opinion is that nothing they do will make a differnce but why not just do something like a vest that says stand up against racism. you can still send a message without supporting the BLM. and tbh i dont care what they say they are supporting BLM by TTK. 

3 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Going by the people I know who are going and on Social media there won’t be a lot. And seriously what the fuck have those two sayings got to do with racism absolutely nothing 

You are free to think as you like Mak and as you say those two sayings have nothing to do with racism but remain the fundamentals of our club, we do not give in to adversity.

Rangers are bigger than any political gesture, history has proven that we as a football club can stand on our own, we do not need to shoulder the others causes.

2 hours ago, Makdee said:

I understand that. I am not keen on it either it’s the booing of our own players that gets me and plenty other mate 

The supporters are not booing the players Mak, they are booing a political gesture which has no place in a football stadium, the real World knows that TTK was started by the BLM which is one of the most racist movements of the 21st Century.

Taking The Knee is not against racism Mak, it is simply supporting political activists with an Anti-White Agenda.

If it keeps on like this then pretty soon we will be seeing innocent motorists getting dragged out of their cars in the football car park and forced to TTK before a mob of political extremists.