Rangers take on the SPFL

Makdee

Seems a strange fight to take on at the moment. I get that Parks won’t want a sponsee that’s another car company. But it works out at about 5k per game to each club. There’s clubs who will be happy to take that 

11 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Seems a strange fight to take on at the moment. I get that Parks won’t want a sponsee that’s another car company. But it works out at about 5k per game to each club. There’s clubs who will be happy to take that 

Parks is obviously unhappy with this deal as he will see it as countering his own objectives, as you say Mak £5 per game is decent and much needed for the smaller clubs.

Rangers had no Cinch publicity at Ibrox yesterday and did not name a Cinch player of the match, for me it is a strange fight to get into.

I also take it then that Rangers will not be receiving sponsorship from Cinch? can you confirm?

58 minutes ago, sployal said:

Parks is obviously unhappy with this deal as he will see it as countering his own objectives, as you say Mak £5 per game is decent and much needed for the smaller clubs.

Rangers had no Cinch publicity at Ibrox yesterday and did not name a Cinch player of the match, for me it is a strange fight to get into.

I also take it then that Rangers will not be receiving sponsorship from Cinch? can you confirm?

I presume they will refuse it anyway mate. Don’t get me wrong the board were right to come out and state that Scottish football is undersold. It’s a weird one 

10 minutes ago, Makdee said:

I presume they will refuse it anyway mate. Don’t get me wrong the board were right to come out and state that Scottish football is undersold. It’s a weird one 

Agreed, no doubt the Daily Rag will keep us up to date and as usual Rangers will be the bad boys.

10 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Don’t get me wrong the board were right to come out and state that Scottish football is undersold.

was that not Stewart Robertson having been re-elected to the SPFL board ? That's what I read & with facts and figures he gave he is 100% correct. As for the cinch one....as you say, it's a weird one. Having said that, can Rangers not be forced to show the logo ?

7 minutes ago, Harold said:

was that not Stewart Robertson having been re-elected to the SPFL board ? That's what I read & with facts and figures he gave he is 100% correct. As for the cinch one....as you say, it's a weird one. Having said that, can Rangers not be forced to show the logo ?

Yes but it will have been agreed by the board beforehand 

I think this may be what any legal proceedings will be about 

11 minutes ago, sployal said:

No Rangers players in the cinch team of the week, top of the league and we don't give a fuck 🤣

I knotted myself when I read this plus see all the player demanding the club accepts the shit deal so they could get in the team. It shows how utterly pathetic the SPFL IS 

3 minutes ago, Makdee said:

I knotted myself when I read this plus see all the player demanding the club accepts the shit deal so they could get in the team. It shows how utterly pathetic the SPFL IS 

Maybe off topic but just watching the cricket and noticed the England team are sponsored by cinch, never heard of this company to be honest, who are they exactly?

1 minute ago, sployal said:

Maybe off topic but just watching the cricket and noticed the England team are sponsored by cinch, never heard of this company to be honest, who are they exactly?

Car dealership massive company I believe 

13 minutes ago, sployal said:

11 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Car dealership massive company I believe 

Been advertising a lot on tv recently

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

I don't think this is a fight the club can win.
Douglas Park is perhaps abusing his position.

I disagree mate the rules are clear on it. It’s a disgrace of a deal anyway it works out at 7.5 million over 5 years not 8 as keeps getting stated as 500.000 is going to the agency that brokered the deal. The Rangers board are rightly calling this out not only to highlight this joke if a deal but to point out and ask what is  Doncaster doing to earn th big bucks he is paid

C45A8AA1-C666-4258-AD71-AC25CC5BF355.jpeg

1 hour ago, Makdee said:

I disagree mate the rules are clear on it. It’s a disgrace of a deal anyway it works out at 7.5 million over 5 years not 8 as keeps getting stated as 500.000 is going to the agency that brokered the deal. The Rangers board are rightly calling this out not only to highlight this joke if a deal but to point out and ask what is  Doncaster doing to earn th big bucks he is paid

They also told the SPFL about this prior to the contract being signed off! And no surprise that rhat Murdoch 'I hate Rangers' MacLennan having a pop at us. I hope Rangers refuse entry to Doncaster to Ibrox on Flag Day corrupt bastard that he is!

11 hours ago, Makdee said:

I must admit I got the impression that, due to the shabby treatment previously meted out to the club by Doncaster & co, there was an understandable knee jerk reaction to the issue. Plus there is some issue of the proposed sponsor perhaps being in competition with some of Park's businesses.
I'll need to do some more reading.

Edited by Guest

Is the deal 8 million spread over 5 years, or 8 million a year for 5 years?

8 million works out at 190,000 per club. In today's football that is chickenfeed.

Either way, who gets the money, how will it be used, and how much will each club gain?

2 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Is the deal 8 million spread over 5 years, or 8 million a year for 5 years?

8 million works out at 190,000 per club. In today's football that is chickenfeed.

Either way, who gets the money, how will it be used, and how much will each club gain?

The clubs would actually get 7.5 million spread over 5 years as 500,000 is going to the company that brokered the deal just another example of how useless Doncaster and co are. Each club for having to wear Cinch on there strips etc and on advertising and tv exposure will get very little It’s a pathetic deal. Every club will get a cut so 40 clubs 

16 hours ago, Makdee said:

The clubs would actually get 7.5 million spread over 5 years as 500,000 is going to the company that brokered the deal just another example of how useless Doncaster and co are. Each club for having to wear Cinch on there strips etc and on advertising and tv exposure will get very little It’s a pathetic deal. Every club will get a cut so 40 clubs 

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

What is the existing contract? Is it with one of Park's companies?

No idea I imagine it may be but until more information is released who knows