Contactless Card Payments to rise to £100 in October

boro_boy

42 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

This is great news, I can now just tap my card when paying for my weekly shop :thumbup:. Well thats if I didn't use my phone which I always do as I ust Tesco Pay+ which is great. 

Graphic

Cash is in freefall 👍

Fuck off and fuck contactless....you like using it....fine but they will not force cashless payments on me! I was in the bank this morning and I withdrew a fucking pile of cash! Long live da cash.....lol

48 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

This is great news, I can now just tap my card when paying for my weekly shop :thumbup:. Well thats if I didn't use my phone which I always do as I ust Tesco Pay+ which is great. 

Graphic

Cash is in freefall 👍

Disagree. Cash is still legal tender. Tap and Go is useful for small payments but £45 is enough in my opinion. Losing your card could prove deadly at £100 a tap.

The elderly are just as important as the rest of the community and a lot of them rely on cash still.

If my limit is raised to £100 I will contact bank and take it back down to £45. If I cannot do it I will tell them I want a new card without that facility and simply enter my pin for each transaction. 

I think you are just trying to yank Bert's chain! 

Edited by Mr Magnificent

2 minutes ago, Harold said:

Fuck off and fuck contactless....you like using it....fine but they will not force cashless payments on me! I was in the bank this morning and I withdrew a fucking pile of cash! Long live da cash.....lol

Cash talks anywhere. It is still preferred in much of the world. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Cash talks anywhere. It is still preferred in much of the world. 

well any workies that we have...next week painters, following week new carpet and carpet layer will all be paid in cash. I did read an article about this recently by an established journalist who had gone for a night out with his mates and struggled to believe he had spent so much on bevvy using his contactless card....he just didn't keep a tally, whereas if you go out with a ton in your pocket you know how much you have spent and how much you have left at any given time.

20 minutes ago, Makdee said:

To be honest I very rarely use cash anymore in fact I can’t remember the last time I did. I always carry some but just find using my cards so much easier 

you have succumbed to technology....I'm gonna hold out......lol. I await the day I go to pay for an item/items and they tell me card payment only (I hope it's a trolley full of groceries)....hee hee.

25 minutes ago, Harold said:

you have succumbed to technology....I'm gonna hold out......lol. I await the day I go to pay for an item/items and they tell me card payment only (I hope it's a trolley full of groceries)....hee hee.

Succumbed a long time ago mate 

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, Harold said:

that's fair enough mate....you don't go on about it like Contactless Colin though.....lol.

With some things I just do not like change.

:lol: contactless Colin ahhahaahahahahahah, that made me laugh!!!!!!

2 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Disagree. Cash is still legal tender. Tap and Go is useful for small payments but £45 is enough in my opinion. Losing your card could prove deadly at £100 a tap.

The elderly are just as important as the rest of the community and a lot of them rely on cash still.

If my limit is raised to £100 I will contact bank and take it back down to £45. If I cannot do it I will tell them I want a new card without that facility and simply enter my pin for each transaction. 

I think you are just trying to yank Bert's chain! 

Nope, well yeah a little, but I just found the graph of cash being in free fall as information Harold needed to know. Harold you need to get ready for a cashless society mate 👍

1 hour ago, Makdee said:

To be honest I very rarely use cash anymore in fact I can’t remember the last time I did. I always carry some but just find using my cards so much easier 

I don't use it at all. 

46 minutes ago, Harold said:

haha, I doubt they will get rid of cash just yet. You have the option of using a card, just as they have the option of only accepting card payments. 

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

haha, I doubt they will get rid of cash just yet. You have the option of using a card, just as they have the option of only accepting card payments

see my last post in the What's everyone up to thread I posted a wee while ago....lol

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

:lol: contactless Colin ahhahaahahahahahah, that made me laugh!!!!!!

Nope, well yeah a little, but I just found the graph of cash being in free fall as information Harold needed to know. Harold you need to get ready for a cashless society mate 👍

I don't use it at all. 

haha, I doubt they will get rid of cash just yet. You have the option of using a card, just as they have the option of only accepting card payments. 

I believe that there may be a law that cash is legal tender and they have to accept it if the purchaser insists. 

Cashless society will never happen. 

3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I believe that there may be a law that cash is legal tender and they have to accept it if the purchaser insists. 

Cashless society will never happen. 

Martin Lewis has issued a warning to shoppers who rely on paying by cash.

According to the Money Saving Expert, shops are legally allowed to refuse cash payment for items as long as they are not discriminating against the customer.

The issue was mentioned on the ITV's 'The Martin Lewis Money Show', where the discussion of legal tender was brought up.

Lewis responded to this saying: "No, they are not breaking any rules."

"You are allowed to take card only as long as it's not discriminatory for race or disability or something."

11 minutes ago, Harold said:

Martin Lewis has issued a warning to shoppers who rely on paying by cash.

According to the Money Saving Expert, shops are legally allowed to refuse cash payment for items as long as they are not discriminating against the customer.

The issue was mentioned on the ITV's 'The Martin Lewis Money Show', where the discussion of legal tender was brought up.

Lewis responded to this saying: "No, they are not breaking any rules."

"You are allowed to take card only as long as it's not discriminatory for race or disability or something."

Get yourself a blue badge Harold and fuck em. My old man has one. 

How can take possibly be an issue in this matter? 

Edited by Mr Magnificent

2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Get yourself a blue badge Harold and fuck em. My old man has one.

don't require one mate.

6 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

How can take possibly be an issue in this matter? 

?