E10 Fuel.

superally

This has been playing on my mind a bit, following a conversation in the pub yesterday, and Iv'e not been arsed to research it as of yet. I have an old MG, tho i have rarely driven it, I am told the E10 fuel is totally gonna mess up old classic cars engines etc, apparently due to evaporation leaving watery time stuff in the engines, causing problems. I'm not so much concerned for myself here, tho there is a whole load of Vintage and classic cars out there, which are part of our heritage, that surely can't be ruined? There has to be an alternative, if only to preserve the cars. Anybody know of an alternative, fuel additive or similar?

20 minutes ago, superally said:

This has been playing on my mind a bit, following a conversation in the pub yesterday, and Iv'e not been arsed to research it as of yet. I have an old MG, tho i have rarely driven it, I am told the E10 fuel is totally gonna mess up old classic cars engines etc, apparently due to evaporation leaving watery time stuff in the engines, causing problems. I'm not so much concerned for myself here, tho there is a whole load of Vintage and classic cars out there, which are part of our heritage, that surely can't be ruined? There has to be an alternative, if only to preserve the cars. Anybody know of an alternative, fuel additive or similar?

why are you not concerned for yourself here. if its gonna fuck your engine up then its gonna fuck your engine up. lets face it no cunt wants to kill a engine. what MG do you have. my brother had a MG midget and 2 MGB. both lovley little cars. 

43 minutes ago, superally said:

Check this article:- https://www.bbc.com/news/business-57585105

7 minutes ago, UNIQUE said:

why are you not concerned for yourself here. if its gonna fuck your engine up then its gonna fuck your engine up. lets face it no cunt wants to kill a engine. what MG do you have. my brother had a MG midget and 2 MGB. both lovley little cars. 

I have the Midget, I had to go to Dundee to fetch it, and bring it back on a trailer which i didn't enjoy, towing is not for me. Tho i love the car, It's a ball ache taking it out. I keep it off the ground, and in a carcoon. Then reverse that when putting it away again, 3 -4 hours a time. Maybe I go a bit OTT, that's just me tho, I wanna preserve it as best I can. I just wish it was British racing green rather than red. Hey ho, it is what it is. I would like a few more classics, and have tried to buy 1 or 2. The owners are a feckin nightmare, which to some extent i can understand, they have a thing that they have loved and cared for, for many a year, so they want to know it's going to be continued to be looked after. Like a responsible dog breeder checks out the potential dog owners. I have had a failed attempt to buy an old Jaguar, which was nothing like the ad anyhow, it was all rusty & rotten. Also tried to for a 1956 Morris Minor, the seller wanted me to sign a contract obliging me to certain things regarding the car. Such a shame as it was in great condition and only £6k.

6 hours ago, superally said:

https://www.gov.uk/check-vehicle-e10-petrol

• Administrator

Damn, just checked my Focus and it won't run of it. I'll have to stick to putting diesel in it :lol:

I think all thats changed is the Ethenot has gone from 5% to 10%. So lees pollutant. Probably a con to get the million plus cars off the road and replaced with electric.