• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 5 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

Pensioners v Migrants

• Administrator

Pensioners:

Work all their lives, get £160 per week.

Migrants:

Come across illigally, get put.into a hotel and have £250 a week to spend.

Boris is removing the triple lock on pensions so pensioners will be £16 worse off a.month. 

According to the Daily Mail.

How can the migrants be more important that our pensioners. I don't think I'll be voting Tory at the next election. 

52 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Pensioners:

Migrants:

Boris is removing the triple lock on pensions so pensioners will be £16 worse off a.month. 

How can the migrants be more important that our pensioners. I don't think I'll be voting Tory at the next election. 

The state pension isn't simply £160 per week....it depends on how many years of National Insurance you have paid at the full rate or lower rate and also if at any time workers have been 'opted out' of paying the full rate (which basically means you have opted to pay a lesser amount of National Insurance but the extra money goes towards your works pension). Unbeknown to me the Police did this to employees not long after I started which I found out after I started receiving my state pension....I receive around £30 a week less than the new full state pension. Anyway, that's just a quick insight. As for what the Chancellor is expected to regards the triple lock.....the triple lock is the annual award for state pension increase and is....whichever is the greater of a minimum of 2.5% or the rate of inflation or the average earnings growth. This was PROMISED in the Tory manifesto for the last General election, however the average earnings growth is 8% and that figure is the stumbling block and the chancellor and Government are expected to renege on their manifesto pledge citing what they have spent during the covid crisis. What they do NOT cite is how much has been spent on 'illegal' immigrants, how much it is costing to pathetically police our borders along with the millions they stupidly give to the French for hee haw & ALSO the money paid out for inflated contracts on goods connected to the covid crisis due to cronyism....and there have been numerous examples of this! Now before anyone jumps on my back and accuses me of greed I'll point out that I have paid into the system all my working life (43 years) and I actually still have to pay income tax. Part of the tax I paid when I was working went towards paying pensions and still does. I'm not looking for extra treatment, simply what is due and what was promised. If it is not forthcoming then the Conservative party can forget about my vote at any future election be it local or National.

2 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Pensioners:

Migrants:

Where is your source that 'all' migrants are receiving £250 pw?

Irrelevant Caroline post (ignored by many).

But there is a difference between those on the rubber boats and those genuinely looking for asylum (but not crossing several EU borders to do it).

13 minutes ago, cazcat said:

Irrelevant Caroline post (ignored by many).

nope I read it.....also, everyone has posts that are not replied to.....that is not specific to you.

14 minutes ago, cazcat said:

But there is a difference between those on the rubber boats and those genuinely looking for asylum (but not crossing several EU borders to do it).

I think most would agree. The UK takes in many genuine cases.......................and unfortunately gets landed with many non genuine cases.

I think there may be more British scroungers than migrant scroungers, folk calling themselves British by birth but spending their life on the dole getting benefits, free rent, NHS etc, working and stealing on the side.

Some migrants at least offer something as they aspire to a better life through hard work and unselfishness.

36 minutes ago, sployal said:

I think there may be more British scroungers than migrant scroungers, folk calling themselves British by birth but spending their life on the dole getting benefits, free rent, NHS etc, working and stealing on the side.

Some migrants at least offer something as they aspire to a better life through hard work and unselfishness.

Like me?

Why don't we send 20,000 of our work shy's to Afghanistan to live with the Taliban. 

34 minutes ago, cazcat said:

Like me?

Why don't we send 20,000 of our work shy's to Afghanistan to live with the Taliban. 

Why do you feel the need to take SPs comment personally. Not everything’s about you Caz it may have been a general point 

1 hour ago, Makdee said:

Why do you feel the need to take SPs comment personally. Not everything’s about you Caz it may have been a general point 

his post wasnt aimed at caz it was aimed at me 🙂

2 hours ago, Makdee said:

I was joking.... I am the only immigrant here but the last sentence is more serious and maybe a possibility?