Black History Month

10 hours ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Any stand out moments you can recall?

a belter of a goal against one of the big teams I think by a black player Cyril Regis or Laurie Cunningham many many years ago. There have been so many great black players in our game (UK). Used to love watching John Barnes play with Liverpool.

On the down side though is what they have had to go through and put up with....disgraceful but as the years have gone on you'd think people would be more educated into race.....they have been, but there is still that element today.

2 hours ago, Harold said:

a belter of a goal against one of the big teams I think by a black player Cyril Regis or Laurie Cunningham many many years ago. There have been so many great black players in our game (UK). Used to love watching John Barnes play with Liverpool.

On the down side though is what they have had to go through and put up with....disgraceful but as the years have gone on you'd think people would be more educated into race.....they have been, but there is still that element today.

Brendan Batson was the third player in a very fine WBA side around that time. 

• Administrator

I thought it was black history century? Feels like it.

Anyway, football has come on leaps and bounds since the 80s. I remember all the racist singing at football grounds, well Ayresome Park anyway. Don't hear a thing now as you'd probably get grassed up by other fans around you and so they should, there's no place for racism in the game. The best player i've seen at boro is the Samba King Emmerson :lol: with his little dance when he scored. He scored some great goals for boro back in the days when Robson was our manager and he had Juninho!!!

• 2 weeks later...