Budget Day

boro_boy

• Administrator

Everything going up.

I don't understand it all, why does everything keep going up? Wages, cost of living. Why can't things just stay the same price?

Anyway, Public Sector pay freeze is being removed today, Wages going up ect.

This living wage is a big fat con, lets pay people more, then we get more tax from them in return. Things like pints are going up by 30p in pubs, well says one pub chain. Thats due to wage rises and electricity costs spiralling out of control. So even more tax for the government. Thats orbably why they're not worries about anything at the moment as they're getting a lot more taxes from wages and VAT. I'm still wondering when the temprary rise in VAT from 17.5% to 20% is going to be reduced. 

49 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Everything going up.

I don't understand it all, why does everything keep going up? Wages, cost of living. Why can't things just stay the same price?

Anyway, Public Sector pay freeze is being removed today, Wages going up ect.

This living wage is a big fat con, lets pay people more, then we get more tax from them in return. Things like pints are going up by 30p in pubs, well says one pub chain. Thats due to wage rises and electricity costs spiralling out of control. So even more tax for the government. Thats orbably why they're not worries about anything at the moment as they're getting a lot more taxes from wages and VAT. I'm still wondering when the temprary rise in VAT from 17.5% to 20% is going to be reduced. 

Is the budget today ?

Just now, Catsmother said:

but I noticed the price of petrol has already gone up.

Not via the budget Cat....

Fuel duty increases have been cancelled as petrol prices hit record highs, the Chancellor confirmed on Wednesday.

Unveiling his budget, Rishi Sunak said that the tax would remain frozen at 57.95p a litre on petrol and diesel for the twelfth year in a row.

The previous record high was 142.48p recorded in April 2012, according to data from the RAC/Experian. Diesel was priced at 146.89p earlier this week– far above pre-pandemic levels of 125p.

Mr Sunak told MPs: “With fuel prices at the highest level in eight years, I’m not prepared to add to the squeeze on families and small businesses.

1 minute ago, Harold said:

Not via the budget Cat....

Fuel duty increases have been cancelled as petrol prices hit record highs, the Chancellor confirmed on Wednesday.

Unveiling his budget, Rishi Sunak said that the tax would remain frozen at 57.95p a litre on petrol and diesel for the twelfth year in a row.

The previous record high was 142.48p recorded in April 2012, according to data from the RAC/Experian. Diesel was priced at 146.89p earlier this week– far above pre-pandemic levels of 125p.

Mr Sunak told MPs: “With fuel prices at the highest level in eight years, I’m not prepared to add to the squeeze on families and small businesses.

Thank God for that. Hopefully our petrol station reduce the prices, Lockdown it went down to 99p litre now it's 143 or something like that.

Just now, Catsmother said:

Thank God for that. Hopefully our petrol station reduce the prices, Lockdown it went down to 99p litre now it's 143 or something like that.

they'll only lower it if the suppliers lower it substantially but probably not by the full amount but tbh I can't see that happening any time soon. personally I think they just raise and lower the price on a whim (when it comes up their back). It went down during lockdown because fewer people were using their cars but now everyone is back driving the greedy bastards are humping the price up.

6 minutes ago, Harold said:

they'll only lower it if the suppliers lower it substantially but probably not by the full amount but tbh I can't see that happening any time soon. personally I think they just raise and lower the price on a whim (when it comes up their back). It went down during lockdown because fewer people were using their cars but now everyone is back driving the greedy bastards are humping the price up.

That's what I don't get if they can lower the prices during Lockdown why not keep them low? but like you say they're greedy bastards.