Google Chrome Books

Mr Magnificent

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Anyone got one? 

If so, can you comment on its bang for buck? Any problems with it? 

I have one they're basically only okay for doing work (documents, spreadsheets ect) or internet browsing. I have the Asus Flip C434 I think it'd called. It's.decent.enouguvfor what I need and it cost about 700 quid when I got it 2 years ago. Still going strong and updated until 2027 I think so a right bargain. 

2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I have one they're basically only okay for doing work (documents, spreadsheets ect) or internet browsing. I have the Asus Flip C434 I think it'd called. It's.decent.enouguvfor what I need and it cost about 700 quid when I got it 2 years ago. Still going strong and updated until 2027 I think so a right bargain. 

My daughter has asked for one as she has a lot of course work with her job and also has to Skype with work also.

Seen a couple round the £200ark and wondered if it would cope with what she needs it for. 

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

My daughter has asked for one as she has a lot of course work with her job and also has to Skype with work also.

Seen a couple round the £200ark and wondered if it would cope with what she needs it for. 

Yes, definitely, 

She will just be using Google Docs for her work, I'm sure she was use Office 365 Online, or whatever they call it these days to do her work but Chromebooks are perfect for people doing coursework. But you cant' really do gaming with them or photo editing haha. 

Thats why they are cheap. 

If all she is doing it internet browsing, video calling, word, excel document editing then it will be suffice. 

You could just get a Surface Pro laptop for about £1,400 though lol, but thats a little too expensive. 

I sometimes wish I had a Windows Laptop but for what I do online the Chromebook is perfect for me.