Steven Gerrard to Aston Villa ?

Harold

As usual the press up here go into overdrive when a position dan sarf becomes available and try to link Gerrard with the vacancy. Newcastle just the other week and Gerrard was in prime position according to the MSM as they brought out tired, sorry, former players to give their opinions on this fantasy move. Turned out it was, as is most of their  shite,.....a load of shite! Now we have the manager's job at Villa up for grabs and we once again have the same tired old cliches. Gerrard has, overall, done great since he arrived at Rangers....improving the team in the league culminating in that historic win last season which left Celtic and their fans furious and wailing and unable to accept that they didn't achieve the holy grail of TIAR....heehee..... ! but let's not forget how we have also done in Europe! At the moment, without being anything like last season, Rangers are 4 points clear at the top of the league and if I was paranoid I would suspect that the reports about this new opportunity for Steven Gerrard were simply to try and upset the equilibrium at Ibrox at the present time. Daily Record and other rags...Record Sport understands....does it ? from what source ? There is also a lot of 'it is thought' 'sources say'............pure, utter speculative newspaper shite! And of course retired players the rags go to looking for soundbites & the Record outdone itself on two counts today....1) a supposed interview with a Villa legend (?) Allan Evans who claims that this job is the next logical step for Gerrard. and 2) Stevie G in a 48 hour wait. So much effort put into this by the Record....the same rag which hardly gave a mention to the disrespect by Celtic fans up at Dundee or even the theatrics by their love child the Japanese wonder boy for he 2nd successive weekend! Lawwell's influence is still on the go! Pathetic!

17 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

The easiest thing would be for Gerrard to rule himself out of the running at Villa...But he hasn't. 🤔

He has said he is very happy at Ibrox publicly.....he doesn't need to make any other comment  mate. It was the same shit for the Newcastle vacancy. MSM are desperate for some comment but as it has not been forthcoming they are more than happy to muck rake.

20 minutes ago, Harold said:

He has said he is very happy at Ibrox publicly.....he doesn't need to make any other comment  mate. It was the same shit for the Newcastle vacancy. MSM are desperate for some comment but as it has not been forthcoming they are more than happy to muck rake.

Saying you are happy somewhere but not ruling yourself out of another job is leaving the door ajar. If I was happy and had no intention of moving I would just rule myself out of the running to the media.

My understanding is that Villa have asked for permission to speak to him now. 🤔

2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

If I was happy and had no intention of moving I would just rule myself out of the running to the media.

he didn't have to regards the over hyped Newcastle speculation....why different now ?

3 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

well they'll have to receive agreement from Rangers..............................and be prepared to pay up mega bucks as an enticement. I don't know what is going to happen, nobody does....I'll wait until there is any confirmation from Rangers and/or Gerrard.

6 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Saying you are happy somewhere but not ruling yourself out of another job is leaving the door ajar. If I was happy and had no intention of moving I would just rule myself out of the running to the media.

Not according to Rangers they haven’t. When it comes down to it If he wants to go he goes. The club will move on no person is bigger than the club 

18 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Not according to Rangers they haven’t. When it comes down to it If he wants to go he goes. The club will move on no person is bigger than the club 

Rangers say they have received "no contact" from Aston Villa over boss Steven Gerrard, according to reports.

Posting on Twitter, journalist Jo Hendry Villa have not reached out to the Ibrox club about the availability of their gaffer.

I think it would be good for Scottish football, if Stevie G goes to Aston Villa.

He has done well at Glasgow Rangers. It would be good for Scottish football to have developed top managers, 

But maybe McInnes is a good potential Rangers boss, 

4 minutes ago, Scottish Fan said:

I think it would be good for Scottish football, if Stevie G goes to Aston Villa.

He has done well at Glasgow Rangers. It would be good for Scottish football to have developed top managers, 

Really McInnes politely away and bile yer head. No Rangers fan I Know would entertain him. He blew his chance when he turned us down before something I will be eternally grateful for 

Just now, Scottish Fan said:

McInnes is a top manager who over performed with Aberdeen. He is a Rangers man. He would be a good boss, It is good to give some Scottish managers a try, 

Again no thanks his bottle went way to many times when he was boss at the sheep. So no thanks call me silly I don’t particularly want someone who was/is a Rangers man and as I said he blew it after the last time 

15 minutes ago, Scottish Fan said:

we dodged a bullet by NOT going for him before Steven Gerrard.

16 minutes ago, Scottish Fan said:

You worded that wrong mate.....should have read...'it would be good for other Scottish clubs if Stevie  G goes to Villa'.

Just now, Scottish Fan said:

McInnes did a super job at Aberdeen. He won a trophy and was runner-up in seven trophies. He is loyal to his clubs. He would be loyal to Glasgow Rangers. 

Scottish managers should be given a chance. 

Sorry mate absolute bollox