Kim Potter

sployal

daunte-wright-kim-potter.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

In a racially charged Minnesota trial involving a White ex-police officer, Kim Potter was found guilty of first-degree manslaughter in the shooting death of 20-year-old Daunte Wright. 

Potter, 49, testified that she had confused her handgun for her Taser when she shot Wright April 11 during a traffic stop.

Wright pulled away as Potter’s partner tried to arrest him on an outstanding warrant for a weapons charge. Body-cam footage shows that Potter repeatedly threatened to tase Wright before shooting him once in the chest. 

"(Expletive)! I just shot him….I grabbed the wrong (expletive) gun," she can be heard saying in the video shown to jurors.

She’s scheduled to be sentenced Feb. 18 and faces about seven years in prison. She was also found guilty of second-degree manslaughter but under Minnesota law will only face time on the top count.

Thoughts on this case? Jail time or clemence?

25 minutes ago, sployal said:

Wright pulled away as Potter’s partner tried to arrest him on an outstanding warrant for a weapons charge. Body-cam footage shows that Potter repeatedly threatened to tase Wright before shooting him once in the chest. 

Says it all.....get her back on the job!

Also....notice how the report begins....

27 minutes ago, sployal said:

involving a White ex-police officer

shit goes down!

7 minutes ago, Bastion said:

Surely.... a gun and a tazer feel totally different?

Anyhoo, it's easy to cast aspersions when you aren't involved and I'm pretty sure the media and BLM will be all over it....

Don't fancy her chances much, but it sounds dodgy as fuck.

shoulda went for the Magnum in the first place................Make my day punk!.....lol

Seems to me now if you make a mistake as a police officer against anyone of colour you are going to be found guilty.

Would the officer have been entitled to use her gun if the suspect was resisting arrest or running away? I guess that is down to state law?

If the answer is yes then what does it matter? 

30 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Seems to me now if you make a mistake as a police officer against anyone of colour you are going to be found guilty.

Would the officer have been entitled to use her gun if the suspect was resisting arrest or running away? I guess that is down to state law?

I would so no, regards running away, you can't shoot folk for running.

Her argument seems to be, mistaking a Tazer fir a Gun.... I don't buy that.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Mr Magnificent said:

She was clearly an idiot getting a tazer confused with a.gun. 

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Bastion said:

No, you can't, she was found guilty 

House owners do it don't they when they see trespassers.

Also people can shoot people running away. You might get locked.up but you can shoot people running away. I'm a padantic cunt. 👍🏻