P&O Ferries

Makdee

18 minutes ago, Makdee said:

If this is true it’s absolutely disgusting the staff and customers traveling deserve better 

read a lot of the comments Mak....from what I can gather is that there is dubiety as to whether it is P & O Ferries or P & O Cruises...2 different companies....nevertheless it's a kick in the haw maws for any UK staff. Can't work out what Brexit has to do with this either.

• Administrator
30 minutes ago, Harold said:

read a lot of the comments Mak....from what I can gather is that there is dubiety as to whether it is P & O Ferries or P & O Cruises...2 different companies....nevertheless it's a kick in the haw maws for any UK staff. Can't work out what Brexit has to do with this either.

I don't think Brexit has anything to do with this, thats just Remoaners being losers 🙂 

Good old cheap labour!!

32 minutes ago, Harold said:

It’s P&O ferries mate I know a few boys stuck at larne. I never use P&O I I wouldn’t now fuckers 

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Makdee said:

It’s P&O ferries mate I know a few boys stuck at larne. I never use P&O I I wouldn’t now fuckers 

P&O said their company isn't viable keeping the current staff. So they have to do this to save the company. They lost £100m last year. 

12 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

P&O said their company isn't viable keeping the current staff. So they have to do this to save the company. They lost £100m last year. 

My arse they had a recruitment drive not long ago. Also maybe if there fares were cheaper for certain crossings more people would use them fuck them 

38 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

24 minutes ago, Makdee said:

My arse they had a recruitment drive not long ago. Also maybe if there fares were cheaper for certain crossings more people would use them fuck them 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/po-ferries-lays-uk-staff-26490509?fbclid=IwAR2NrykTfTJULE14Q_xS-G1biwbVzFn_QtYMhFAbSmtYMi3GnoCmC58Wk2c

• Administrator
2 hours ago, Makdee said:

Yeah its bad to do this, surely they can't just sack them all?

They paid out £200m in dividends to shareholders last year, so they're not short of money! Apparently they've broken the law as they've had no consultation or anything. 

I think the Government should remove P&O from the the Dover - Calais and any other routes they do within the UK.

10 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah its bad to do this, surely they can't just sack them all?

They paid out £200m in dividends to shareholders last year, so they're not short of money! Apparently they've broken the law as they've had no consultation or anything. 

I think the Government should remove P&O from the the Dover - Calais and any other routes they do within the UK.

They have merged with a company from Dubai They are also registered in Cyprus. They will pay these agency staff buttons which makes me worry about safety 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Makdee said:

They have merged with a company from Dubai They are also registered in Cyprus. They will pay these agency staff buttons which makes me worry about safety 

I think people will decide to use DFDS unless the price is too high or the only option is P&O. Its bad the way they have been treated. 

18 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I think people will decide to use DFDS unless the price is too high or the only option is P&O. Its bad the way they have been treated. 

For me it will be Stena as it’s only them and P&O that are any good for me