Jump to content

P&O Ferries


Makdee

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, Makdee said:

If this is true it’s absolutely disgusting the staff and customers traveling deserve better 

 

read a lot of the comments Mak....from what I can gather is that there is dubiety as to whether it is P & O Ferries or P & O Cruises...2 different companies....nevertheless it's a kick in the haw maws for any UK staff. Can't work out what Brexit has to do with this either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
30 minutes ago, Harold said:

read a lot of the comments Mak....from what I can gather is that there is dubiety as to whether it is P & O Ferries or P & O Cruises...2 different companies....nevertheless it's a kick in the haw maws for any UK staff. Can't work out what Brexit has to do with this either.

I don't think Brexit has anything to do with this, thats just Remoaners being losers 🙂 

Good old cheap labour!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
32 minutes ago, Harold said:

read a lot of the comments Mak....from what I can gather is that there is dubiety as to whether it is P & O Ferries or P & O Cruises...2 different companies....nevertheless it's a kick in the haw maws for any UK staff. Can't work out what Brexit has to do with this either.

It’s P&O ferries mate I know a few boys stuck at larne. I never use P&O I I wouldn’t now fuckers 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
1 minute ago, Makdee said:

It’s P&O ferries mate I know a few boys stuck at larne. I never use P&O I I wouldn’t now fuckers 

P&O said their company isn't viable keeping the current staff. So they have to do this to save the company. They lost £100m last year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
12 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

P&O said their company isn't viable keeping the current staff. So they have to do this to save the company. They lost £100m last year. 

My arse they had a recruitment drive not long ago. Also maybe if there fares were cheaper for certain crossings more people would use them fuck them 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

P&O said their company isn't viable keeping the current staff. So they have to do this to save the company. They lost £100m last year. 

 

24 minutes ago, Makdee said:

My arse they had a recruitment drive not long ago. Also maybe if there fares were cheaper for certain crossings more people would use them fuck them 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/money/po-ferries-lays-uk-staff-26490509?fbclid=IwAR2NrykTfTJULE14Q_xS-G1biwbVzFn_QtYMhFAbSmtYMi3GnoCmC58Wk2c

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
2 hours ago, Makdee said:

My arse they had a recruitment drive not long ago. Also maybe if there fares were cheaper for certain crossings more people would use them fuck them 

Yeah its bad to do this, surely they can't just sack them all?

They paid out £200m in dividends to shareholders last year, so they're not short of money! Apparently they've broken the law as they've had no consultation or anything. 

I think the Government should remove P&O from the the Dover - Calais and any other routes they do within the UK.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
10 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah its bad to do this, surely they can't just sack them all?

They paid out £200m in dividends to shareholders last year, so they're not short of money! Apparently they've broken the law as they've had no consultation or anything. 

I think the Government should remove P&O from the the Dover - Calais and any other routes they do within the UK.

They have merged with a company from Dubai They are also registered in Cyprus. They will pay these agency staff buttons which makes me worry about safety 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Makdee said:

They have merged with a company from Dubai They are also registered in Cyprus. They will pay these agency staff buttons which makes me worry about safety 

I think people will decide to use DFDS unless the price is too high or the only option is P&O. Its bad the way they have been treated. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderator
18 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I think people will decide to use DFDS unless the price is too high or the only option is P&O. Its bad the way they have been treated. 

For me it will be Stena as it’s only them and P&O that are any good for me 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    6.9k
    Total Topics
    175.1k
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    817
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    fasiha hassan
    Newest Member
    fasiha hassan
    Joined
  • New users  0 New users online in the last 24 hours

    No new users

×
×
  • Create New...