Fodder for stand up comedians

It seems that since the mid 90s the main achievement of British PMs and party leaders is providing material for comedians.

Apart from that they've done nothing worthy of praise and certainly little of benefit to the country.

Brought a level of peace to Northern Ireland

Delivered Brexit

We now have a standard of living better than we’ve had before 

Unemployment at its lowest level in decades

Minimum wage brought in and working well

9 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

It seems that since the mid 90s the main achievement of British PMs and party leaders is providing material for comedians.

Apart from that they've done nothing worthy of praise and certainly little of benefit to the country.

tbh Hairy, I don't recall so called comedians (I'd call them shoe scrapings) using Bliar, Brown or even Corbyn whilst he was leader of Liebour..... or even the fuds that we've had in office up here....but they certainly love to be right on hipsters with their jibes about any Conservative PM or MP.......Woke cunts!

7 hours ago, No.8 said:

Brought a level of peace to Northern Ireland

At a price..... along with the war criminal's secret sweetner for Marty n Gerry

7 hours ago, No.8 said:

Delivered Brexit

Norn Iron,who were part of the voting process,got fucked up the arse,to not have the swingers to say the border will be be...um....at the border....they put the border in the Irish Sea...unforgivable

2 hours ago, Harold said:

tbh Hairy, I don't recall so called comedians (I'd call them shoe scrapings) using Bliar, Brown or even Corbyn whilst he was leader of Liebour..... or even the fuds that we've had in office up here....but they certainly love to be right on hipsters with their jibes about any Conservative PM or MP.......Woke cunts!

Mate, I watch a lot of the older series of Mock The Week and the comedians on that show are certainly not woke. They treat all politicians, whether they be PM, party leaders, or hangers on, in exactly the same way.
I think we've been acquainted long enough for you to know that I am a devout cynic, no fan of politicians, and somewhat to the right of Attila the Hun.
In the UK the party in power is always going to be the main target of complaint and satire, and at the moment Boris is the bull on that target.
The satire and comedy I've seen is more biting toward Bliar, Brown, the Millibands, and Corbyn than Cameron, May, and Boris.
But then beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

1 hour ago, Hairy Scot said:

Mate, I watch a lot of the older series of Mock The Week and the comedians on that show are certainly not woke. They treat all politicians, whether they be PM, party leaders, or hangers on, in exactly the same way.
I think we've been acquainted long enough for you to know that I am a devout cynic, no fan of politicians, and somewhat to the right of Attila the Hun.
In the UK the party in power is always going to be the main target of complaint and satire, and at the moment Boris is the bull on that target.
The satire and comedy I've seen is more biting toward Bliar, Brown, the Millibands, and Corbyn than Cameron, May, and Boris.
But then beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

we'll need to disagree then Hairy....you say you've seen them hitting Labour.....on my heart I have NEVER seen any of them have a go at any politician outwith Conservatives.

55 minutes ago, Harold said:

we'll need to disagree then Hairy....you say you've seen them hitting Labour.....on my heart I have NEVER seen any of them have a go at any politician outwith Conservatives.

I'll try and isolate some clips, but I assure you Mock the Week was just as scathing about the lefties.
Mind you it may take a while; I have 224 episodes on my discs.  😀

1 hour ago, Harold said:

9 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I'll try and isolate some clips, but I assure you Mock the Week was just as scathing about the lefties.

In the meantime, have a look at these:-

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mock+the+week+corbyn
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mock+the+week+blair
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mock+the+week+gordon+brown
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=mock+the+week+milliband

43 minutes ago, Hairy Scot said:

I believe you Hairy....lol. All I'm saying I have not seen any.