Registrations are now Fixed - Register and chat with other football fans ×
  • Members Currently Online:   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 13 Guests (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online

V A R....Saviour of the universe....

Harold

Get the fuck out of here...........lol. I've said since before it was brought in that it would ruin football, certainly the emotional side of it and more and more the aspect for which it was brought in to supposedly do is seeing how fucking ludicrous it is....have a look at this from the Spurs v Liverpool where Liverpool were  denied a clear goal........

Rangers Fans are born, we are not manufactured, we do not choose, we are chosen, those that dont understand dont matter, those that understand need no explanation.

We are the chosen few, We Are The People!

No photo description available.

Here is the audio of the VARs and the total fucking cock up these cunts make...........a fucking dog's breath where rules override commonsense and actuality (at the end when they refuse to stop the game)....this supposed 'overcome human error' techology should be binned but we know it won't in the name of 'Progress' and a reluctance to admit error. Shower of fucking cunts!

Rangers Fans are born, we are not manufactured, we do not choose, we are chosen, those that dont understand dont matter, those that understand need no explanation.

here are some previous ones....absolutely scandalous.....

Reflecting on the farce of the VAR decision in the Spurs v Liverpool game. 11 minutes long and a good debate...love Paul Merson's input at the end....lol. However this just shows the absurdity of how protocol and the 'Laws' must be adhered to even when shown to be incorrect...........jobsworth Dean as usual defending the indefensible...

• Administrators
5 hours ago, Harold said:

Reflecting on the farce of the VAR decision in the Spurs v Liverpool game. 11 minutes long and a good debate...love Paul Merson's input at the end....lol. However this just shows the absurdity of how protocol and the 'Laws' must be adhered to even when shown to be incorrect...........jobsworth Dean as usual defending the indefensible...

Wouldn't say he's a jobsworth, he's just saying how it is as he knows the rules of the game. 

Why is this such a big talking point still? Is it because its Liverpool and they're always so hard done by, or is it because it was so obviously an onside goal?

7 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Wouldn't say he's a jobsworth, he's just saying how it is as he knows the rules of the game. 

but won't even think that actuality and common sense can tale prescedence over the rules even though it was obviously wrong

9 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

or is it because it was so obviously an onside goal?

this....

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Even I could see that the ball was completely over the line. It's a joke. 

someone (or more) somewhere in UEFA, FIFA and the FAs has received huge backhanders for the introduction of this game spoiling technology and STILL defend it. Shame on them! As much as we moan about refs, I'd rather have them than this pile of shite.

• Administrators
Just now, Harold said:

someone (or more) somewhere in UEFA, FIFA and the FAs has received huge backhanders for the introduction of this game spoiling technology and STILL defend it. Shame on them! As much as we moan about refs, I'd rather have them than this pile of shite.

Yeah definitely. The only good think they have is goal line technology when the ball crosses the line. They could add that to when the ball goes out of play normally. VAR just isn't working. 

• Like 1

And here we go again with VAR getting involved where it shouldn't...no fucking way is this clear and obvious for the ref to miss it but thereafter for the ref to adjudge that this actually WAS a penalty defies fucking logic...the game is fucked....too many people with no fucking clue about the game sticking their noses in and applying all sorts of formulae in the process. Where was the Newcastle lad supposed to put his fucking arm you twonks! ?

and read this shite from a former female ref trying to explain how the ref got it correct. Can you work out what she actually is saying ? My opinion is the ref has ben dishonest here.

“It IS a penalty,” Unkel said, much to Carragher’s disbelief. “The extended left arm essentially creates a barrier. Once that left arm is out, even though there is a deflection that no longer is part of the interpretation and analysis, but since it’s a barrier to preventing that ball from crossing in, this is an expected VAR recommendation for a handling offence that the referee is not able to see from his angle and positioning.

Unkel replied: “Two really big points to put there. Essentially what’s getting everyone lost because it’s in law is this word ‘natural’. This is a natural running motion; however, where interpretation and the application is trying to get away from being subjective and being more objective when we’re applying the handling offence which is coming out with these harsh decisions that people and the football community do not like and it’s not on the referees. We’re required to apply this at this point.”

• 5 weeks later...

Read a comment elsewhere yesterday and when you actually think about it there is a whole lot of sense in what is said. The article was not about offside, which I think we will all agree is a bone of contention with numerous VAR decisions giving offside for bawhair decisions , but about the placing of the ball not actually on or inside the arc at corners. Well the rule is, like the goal line or shy line, if the ball is not COMPLETELY over (outside the arc) then it is still okay and no misdemeanour committed. Bearing that in mind the article suggested that when it comes to offsides, why should it be an offence if the slimmest part of the attacking object (body) is over (in front) of the line (body of last defender) and NOT the entire attacking object ? Makes sense to me.

• 5 weeks later...

It was always going to happen....

2 d  · 
🚨 𝐁𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆: historical decision has been made as game will be 𝐫𝐞𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐝 after VAR error!
Belgium side Genk have won their appeal against a VAR error and their league match with Anderlecht will now be replayed.
Anderlecht won the game 2-1 in December. But Genk’s Yira Sor saw his first-half goal ruled out after following up on Bryan Heynan’s missed penalty.
Sor was penalised for encroachment, two Anderlecht players were equally as guilty. This means the penalty should have been retaken rather than the goal simply ruled out.
Genk took their case to the Disciplinary Council for Professional Football, who ruled the match must be replayed.
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Seen this the other day bet that loophole will be closed before next season 

Mak, the ENTIRE VAR ideology is farcical and has messed up football bigtime. They (the authorities) can bring up all the stats they want about correct decisions being awarded...what they don't show them in direct comparison to is the truly awful ones that have been made by VAR, the time it takes to come to a judgement, the 'bawhair' decisions given for offside, the farcical handball rules that no cunt understands..........It has been simply a money making scheme for a lot of backslapping....that's my opinion. Back to ref's decision is final.....I know we shout and screamed at refs (and still do) but I still believe VAR is far worse...at least with a ref's decision is immediate and it is over and done with. Hate VAR, always have, always will.

27 minutes ago, Harold said:

Mak, the ENTIRE VAR ideology is farcical and has messed up football bigtime. They (the authorities) can bring up all the stats they want about correct decisions being awarded...what they don't show them in direct comparison to is the truly awful ones that have been made by VAR, the time it takes to come to a judgement, the 'bawhair' decisions given for offside, the farcical handball rules that no cunt understands..........It has been simply a money making scheme for a lot of backslapping....that's my opinion. Back to ref's decision is final.....I know we shout and screamed at refs (and still do) but I still believe VAR is far worse...at least with a ref's decision is immediate and it is over and done with. Hate VAR, always have, always will.

VAR itself is not the problem imo. It is how it’s used look at rugby it works perfectly well there 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Makdee said:

VAR itself is not the problem imo. It is how it’s used look at rugby it works perfectly well there 

totally agree.... it's down to the interpretation of a technological system that removes the flow and emotion of the game. Totally unneeded imo.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Well here you go...absolutely fucking bollox...get the shite, game ruining, geek loved system fucking binned. They're fucking guessing now....lol

I've been criticising the bawhair offside decisions and the lack of leeway given since the introduction of this emotion remover shite system. Another fucking laughing stock!

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/aberdeen-fury-over-guessed-var-offside-decision-as-new-manager-set-to-be-appointed-in-two-months-4586867

27 minutes ago, Harold said:

Well here you go...absolutely fucking bollox...get the shite, game ruining, geek loved system fucking binned. They're fucking guessing now....lol

I've been criticising the bawhair offside decisions and the lack of leeway given since the introduction of this emotion remover shite system. Another fucking laughing stock!

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/aberdeen-fury-over-guessed-var-offside-decision-as-new-manager-set-to-be-appointed-in-two-months-4586867

It won’t be binned simply it’s used to much world wide now. But the SFA have to get the same system as they use in England at the very least not the cheap version used here. Also pretty sure countries without VAR will not be allowed to take part in European competitions. Also this show it’s our Referees as much as anything that are not up to standard   The SFA/SPFL are not fit for purpose 

14 minutes ago, Makdee said:

It won’t be binned simply it’s used to much world wide now. But the SFA have to get the same system as they use in England at the very least not the cheap version used here. Also pretty sure countries without VAR will not be allowed to take part in European competitions. Also this show it’s our Referees as much as anything that are not up to standard   The SFA/SPFL are not fit for purpose 

I know it won't be binned mate because it's too good a fucking earner for the suits both in the football world and the technology world.....but it should be. This is another facet of authority being in TOTAL control (it's my ball and if you don't agree you're no playing). Referees are as good/bad as they always have been but at least they have the human element. Show me someone who claims never to make mistakes and I'll show you a liar. Even in England the system throws up far too many anomalies. Cut out errors ?....lol It is a fucking shambles.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Harold said:

I know it won't be binned mate because it's too good a fucking earner for the suits both in the football world and the technology world.....but it should be. This is another facet of authority being in TOTAL control (it's my ball and if you don't agree you're no playing). Referees are as good/bad as they always have been but at least they have the human element. Show me someone who claims never to make mistakes and I'll show you a liar. Even in England the system throws up far too many anomalies. Cut out errors ?....lol It is a fucking shambles.

The thing is all the numbers do show it cuts out mistakes but it also highlights the failing of Referees especially in our league 

2 hours ago, Makdee said:

especially in our league 

disagree mate.....have you seen the howlers in England ? I have no doubt that fans in every country thinks their refs are shit. My opinion is that the 'mistakes' it cuts out are minimal and the controversy it causes it not worth it....we are re-refereeing every high profile incident, they are eventually, after VARs studying god knows how many replays and drawing fucking lines to prove that a fucking toe nail was minisculely ahead of the last defender, giving offside. The whole business is farcical because it was, in the beginning, heralded as the saviour of 'correct decisions'.....

I will agree on one major point the re-refereeing. As I said though it’s here for good look at England they next season ardd we bringing in a semi automated part to “help” with offsides. While in our game we have refs making guesses or changing  their minds more than once 

4 minutes ago, Makdee said:

in a semi automated part to “help” with offsides

to help ?...lol. That'll just help confuse the matter and get more folks backs up because it will be measuring down to half a bawhair. I know it's here for good but that's because the powers that be will never admit they are wrong and someone is making big bucks off the back of this flawed technology.....however because it's here for good doesn't mean I won't stop criticising it. We'd be as well wrapping up football and just concentrate on that e-football shite because that is what we are heading for, similar to the cartoon horse and dog racing.. I'll repeat, our refs are no better or worse than any other league in the world...humans make errors mate....we hate it when it affects us but I'll stick with human error rather than technology failure and their 'no leeway' margin. I despair at how a simple game, enjoyed by millions, has become a plaything for geeks and the resulting interference despised by millions.