redblood

NFL Thread

Is this any good?

A few people on the ship i'm on follow NFL and they absolutely love it.

To me, as an outsider, it just looks like glorified rugby, they call try's touchdowns where they don't have to touch anything they just run over the line!!!

I need to change a setting on the site, i'll have to do it when I get back home as i've set the site so only I can access admin area from my home IP address!!

no its rubbish, they change the whole team during a game depending on what they are doing, and in 4 hours of watching it they play for about 30 mins, i watch the superbowl every year, and its entertainign, but thats enough a year

Have really been getting into it this season. Cannot wait until Superbowl 50 in a few weeks!

Adopted Washington Redskins as my team, they are on Sky Sports 1 at 9pm tonight!

I don't think I could ever get into it tbh.  I just like to follow one sport,  that's enough for me.  It's hard enough following boro.  

52 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I don't think I could ever get into it tbh.  I just like to follow one sport,  that's enough for me.  It's hard enough following boro.  

I was like that a few years ago but I have found myself getting into more sports

Also like Rugby League & UFC

Maybe Van Gaal's football has put me off altogether!

The UK is "on track" to have its own American football franchise within six years, says NFL spokesman Mark Waller.

London's Wembley Stadium has hosted regular-season NFL games since 2007, the Jacksonville Jaguars playing one home game a season there since 2013.

But the sport's governing body says it "fundamentally believes" there will be a permanent franchise by 2022.

"The fan base is big enough and passionate enough that it can support a franchise," said Waller.

"I felt in 2007 it was always a 15-year journey. I think we're on track to deliver that. I fundamentally believe we will deliver that."

Each of the three regular-season games at Wembley in 2015 attracted crowds of more than 80,000, and the Jaguars are contracted to continue the arrangement until 2020.

The team's links with London are strengthened by Pakistani businessman Shahid Khan, who owns the Florida-based side and Championship club Fulham FC.

However, Khan said in 2014 that he had "no plans" to move the Jaguars permanently to London.

Waller - the NFL's executive vice-chairman international - said a permanent UK franchise would offer American football an advantage over other US sports in expanding its reach beyond the States.

"We are in a unique position as a sport because of the way our season is structured - we only play one game a week,'' he said. "It's not something other American sports could do."

This autumn, two regular-season matches will be played at Wembley, while Twickenham will host its first NFL game.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/35360989