Registrations are now Fixed - Register and chat with other football fans ×

Rangers Transfer Rumours

No.8

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Todd Cantwell signed pre contract and now Rangers talking to Norwich regarding fee to get him in now. Tbh I’d be happy waiting until summer if money is still as tight as some have said 

I'd really like to see a poacher type striker brought in. Roofe injury prone....Morelos...nowhere near what he was....Colak when fit yes but needs a back up.

Rangers Fans are born, we are not manufactured, we do not choose, we are chosen, those that dont understand dont matter, those that understand need no explanation.

We are the chosen few, We Are The People!

19 minutes ago, sployal said:

I can't understand why we seem to be chasing this guy, lightweight midfelder 1.77m 70kg.

Never heard of him before all the speculation of going for him, don't waste money we don't have.

You hadn’t heard of Cantwell ?? He was outstanding for Norwich in the EPL and was rated at £40 million and linked to all the top clubs. Career has stalled and why we he is coming to Rangers. IF we can get him back to anywhere near that form we will sell him for a very healthy profit 

Is love to get Tom Davies from Everton as well. Another tipped for the very top who’s career has stalled

Seemingly very close to finishing the Morgan Whittaker deal. Wide right forward and possibly replace Matondo 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, No.8 said:

You hadn’t heard of Cantwell ?? He was outstanding for Norwich in the EPL and was rated at £40 million and linked to all the top clubs. Career has stalled and why we he is coming to Rangers. IF we can get him back to anywhere near that form we will sell him for a very healthy profit 

Is love to get Tom Davies from Everton as well. Another tipped for the very top who’s career has stalled

Seemingly very close to finishing the Morgan Whittaker deal. Wide right forward and possibly replace Matondo 

just speaking to a guy the now who is bigging up both Cantwell & Davies....

• Like 1

Rangers Fans are born, we are not manufactured, we do not choose, we are chosen, those that dont understand dont matter, those that understand need no explanation.

10 minutes ago, sployal said:

Easier said than done Harold, can't see us going for a goalpoacher when the defence and midfield are the places we need to strengthen, get that sorted and the goals will come.

Right I’m not trying to pick you up on everything you say but where do we need to improve in defence 

Right back we have Tav and Devine

left back Ridvan and Barasic

Centre Defence we have Goldson, Davies , King, Helander , Souttar

We need a new Keeper and goal scorer. 

1 hour ago, sployal said:

Tav is done Trav, ask Harold what he thinks of Barisic (personnaly i like him).

Centre defence? Goldson? Souttar? Davies? out of position, King and Helander i go for.

Barisic gives so much going forward but Ridvan will be first choice . He was only just getting going when he got injured 

Davies out of position? You’ve lost me here 

Looks like Todd Cantwell is on his way...

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/todd-cantwell-complete-rangers-transfer-28999163

pending a medical'. Hopefully give some ooomph and vision in midfield.

• Like 1

Looks like Rangers have an interest in Belgian 21 year old Nicolas Raskin who is currently with Standard Liege and will reportedly have a third bid put to Swansea for Swansea's Morgan Whittaker. I agree with Barry Ferguson who says in his column that we should take a real punt and go for Kevin Nisbet who certainly impresses me when I see him play. Morelos huffing and puffing, Roofe injured, Sakala not an out and out striker....we need at least one more recognised striker and for me Nisbet would be ideal.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Harold said:

Looks like Rangers have an interest in Belgian 21 year old Nicolas Raskin who is currently with Standard Liege and will reportedly have a third bid put to Swansea for Swansea's Morgan Whittaker. I agree with Barry Ferguson who says in his column that we should take a real punt and go for Kevin Nisbet who certainly impresses me when I see him play. Morelos huffing and puffing, Roofe injured, Sakala not an out and out striker....we need at least one more recognised striker and for me Nisbet would be ideal.

Looks like he has passed his medical and will be announced in a couple of days 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 4:40 PM, No.8 said:

Right I’m not trying to pick you up on everything you say but where do we need to improve in defence 

Right back we have Tav and Devine

left back Ridvan and Barasic

Centre Defence we have Goldson, Davies , King, Helander , Souttar

We need a new Keeper and goal scorer. 

Centre defence needs strengthening desperately.  King is nowhere near ready, Helander and Souttar, lucky to get 10 games a year out of them, 

Goldson's recent injury proved the need for strengthening.

2 minutes ago, Superally said:

Centre defence needs strengthening desperately.  King is nowhere near ready, Helander and Souttar, lucky to get 10 games a year out of them, 

Goldson's recent injury proved the need for strengthening.

tbh I think while we've got Davies, Sands & King if required, the board won't want to fork out a possible fee and wages  for another whilst Helander and Souttar are recovering.

4 hours ago, Harold said:

tbh I think while we've got Davies, Sands & King if required, the board won't want to fork out a possible fee and wages  for another whilst Helander and Souttar are recovering.

Souttar, and Helander spend far more time recovering than actually playing. As for Sands, I believe the fee is around £4m.  Not a fecking chance would I pay even half that for him. I  still think it was a mistake to get rid of Balogun, and Katic who is now playing CL football.

If there is any truth in the rumour Gers afe after Dion Sanderson, I think he would be a great signing, tho I would be gutted if Blues don't sign him on a permanent, I would rather him go Gers than anywhere else. 

Charlie McCann on the verge of exiting Ibrox.....he will be going to League 1 Forest Green Rovers. Can't blame the lad when he's not getting first team game time at Ibrox...wish him all the best in his career.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers/northern-ireland-midfielder-charlie-mccann-on-verge-of-rangers-exit-as-forest-green-rovers-close-in-42304322.html

11 minutes ago, Harold said:

Charlie McCann on the verge of exiting Ibrox.....he will be going to League 1 Forest Green Rovers. Can't blame the lad when he's not getting first team game time at Ibrox...wish him all the best in his career.

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/scottish/rangers/northern-ireland-midfielder-charlie-mccann-on-verge-of-rangers-exit-as-forest-green-rovers-close-in-42304322.html

Not surprised by this wish him well 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, No.8 said:

Supposed to be announced tomorrow 

Who is the No. 9 Beales talking about ? 

haven't heard or read about anyone else.