• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 39 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

redblood

Netflix

Anyone else got Netflix?

Using my dads account at the moment and there are a few decent films worth watching

Best thing as well is it's free!

Admin

haha

My lass is always watching Netflix, mainly watches documentaries on it. Its okay but not amazing!!!

I think that is the trend now with the likes of Netflix, Amazon and Now TV

Cheaper options out there for people

Admin

I'm sticking with Sky, reduced bill from £100 to £80 better than nothing lol!

Thousands of movies will be removed from Netflix in the US after the streaming service decided not to renew a deal with distributor Epix.

Removed titles will include the Hunger Games and Transformers movies. Netflix, which has more than 60 million subscribers worldwide, said it wanted to focus on exclusive content.

Rival US service Hulu will take on the Epix catalogue. "Our subscribers have been asking us for more, and more recent, big movies," Hulu said.
"We listened. Through this new deal with Epix, we are proud to now be able to offer a huge selection of the biggest blockbusters and premium films."

Netflix's deal with Epix - which was worth a reported $1bn (£650m) - runs up until the end of September 2015, at which point the films will disappear from the service.

Explaining the move to subscribers, Netflix's chief content officer Ted Sarandos wrote: "While many of these movies are popular, they are also widely available on cable and other subscription platforms at the same time as they are on Netflix and subject to the same drawn out licensing periods."

He then went on to list a variety of exclusive shows coming up on the service, including new work from Ricky Gervais, Idris Elba and Adam Sandler.

He also praised an upcoming Netflix-made documentary about Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards.
'Data decision'

As competition between video on demand (VOD) services intensifies, Netflix's decision may appear to be an unlikely move.

However, Forrester analyst Jim Nail said he believed the company was making a calculated gamble.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-34110968

Admin

Netflix is shit. I've never wanted to buy a subscription, i've used it a few times but never liked it. Doesn't even have Family Guy or American dad on it, unlike the US version. I know theres ways and means of getting the US content but it should be made available to us!!!

On 5 September 2015 at 5:51 PM, boro_boy said:

Netflix is shit. I've never wanted to buy a subscription, i've used it a few times but never liked it. Doesn't even have Family Guy or American dad on it, unlike the US version. I know theres ways and means of getting the US content but it should be made available to us!!!

Netflix is anything but shit. Some of the shows only available on Netflix have been some of the best TV I've seen in years.

Making a Murderer, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black, Narcos and Sense8 are all great Netflix originals.

Edit: yes, I watch too much TV nowadays.

Admin

There not only available on Netflix,  they are available on torrent sites lol.  Okay I've changed by tune I love it,  watched all the archer on it and nearly finished brooklyn 99 which is so funny. 

3 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

There not only available on Netflix,  they are available on torrent sites lol.  Okay I've changed by tune I love it,  watched all the archer on it and nearly finished brooklyn 99 which is so funny. 

Torrent sites are a pain in the arse to access now, you need a VPN to get onto most then you can just use them to watch other content on Netflix instead. 

Moving on, Archer is fucking fantastic. It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia is also hilarious, watched it randomly one night after a joint and have binge watched it ever since.

On 25/06/2015 at 10:15 PM, boro_boy said:

I'm sticking with Sky, reduced bill from £100 to £80 better than nothing lol!

MUG!!, Tho i suspect that's changed since you posted that.Firestick etc.

Admin

Yeah they are,  found a good one http://extratorrent.unblockme.in

That's what I use,  just make sure you have an adblocker on. 

Found it easier to just use my firestick for TV/Film/Sport and pay for my music nowadays.

Admin

Everyone's different, I like to download stuff then stream it to my TV.