• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

United Road

BORING, BORING UNITED!

To be honest, I've refrained from getting involved with football the last few days because thinking about this just winds me up. That's three 0-0 draws in a row now for United and four blanks in our last five domestic games. It's unacceptable, and the most infuriating thing about it is that it is completely avoidable! I've been a big supporter of van Gaal until now. He had a huge job taking over the Chernobyl of Moyes' reign. He had to gut a squad and rebuild, he had to reinstate confidence and a winning mentality in the squad, and he did well with the injuries and personnel we had to finish 4th last season.

Fair play to him, I think he made some fantastic signings this summer but his negligence of our striking options has left us crippled. Martial has been a godsend for us, he scored 4 goals playing up front and scared his opponents, so what does van gaal do? Sticks him out on the wing which restricts his threat (he's still doing well, mind) for Rooney who is stinking the place out week in week out. It's like playing with 10 men and he's an extra defender for the opposition. Every football fan out there knows that Rooney is finished so why is LVG so stubborn that he keeps playing him for 90 minutes every time!!?? Just look at his stats vs City, 55% passing accuracy, and he lost the ball something like 28 times. The worrying thing is that this is commonplace for Rooney now. Under Fergie, guaranteed he would have screamed at and hauled off at half time. Yet LVG sits on his arse doing nothing with his stupid folder not giving a shit. It does my head in and, I know he doesn't pick the team, but Rooney is fast becoming a player I do not like seeing play for us.

We have the most stubborn and arrogant manager I've ever seen as proven with his treatment of Herrera. Ander, when he plays, is usually our most effective and fluid player and we play some nice stuff, but one mistake and he's on the bench for the next 10 games. The 3-5-2 formation last season... everybody could see that it was crippling us; we barely created chances and our defence was all over the shop. De Gea usually bailed us out so we got results but we stuck with it until late January. Had we deployed a 4-3-3 in this period, we would have come at least 3rd.

Our tactics are horrific and this is the worst style of football I've ever seen in the Premiership. Yes, the likes of Bolton have been ugly, but they also haven't been blessed with £200m worth of talent in their squad. Our tactics are basically pass the ball at a snail's pace around the defence and midfield and bore the opponent to death so we have an open goal. When Martial does come up with something, there's usually nobody with 10 yards of the box to attack the cross/pass. And instead of someone taking a shot from 20-25 yards, they try a cute little dink over the top which is usually intercepted. I'm sure you've all seen the stats, we have the 19th least amount of shots and chances created in the league, we've done well to create 2 or 3 chances a game. Those types of games would happen maybe once every 2 years under Fergie.

It's getting to the point where watching us play is a chore and I truly envy the likes of Man City for their free-flowing football. We have some very capable players in this team and I think we could, at least, challenge for the title. However, the way we are being set up to play this season is severely restricting our chances and cheating us out of some more positive results. /Rant!!

I think it is frustration you are feeling at the moment due to not seeing the type of football that we played under Sir Alex. I think Van Gaal's methods are slowly working and that he is building the foundations for the next manager to have a successful period with the club. I will take positives as the football we produced under Moyes was terrible.

10 hours ago, redblood said:

I think it is frustration you are feeling at the moment due to not seeing the type of football that we played under Sir Alex. I think Van Gaal's methods are slowly working and that he is building the foundations for the next manager to have a successful period with the club. I will take positives as the football we produced under Moyes was terrible.

But it's not like we played well in SAF's last few seasons, we were very efficient but rarely entertaining. Van Gaal's team is neither effective or entertaining. Don't get me wrong, I think we're doing ok this season, however, it should be much better and with the signings we've made, we shouldn't have to put up with this shite, particularly when it's self-inflicted by the manager. I don't really buy this transition stuff either. Obviously losing the greatest manager ever was going to hurt but why does it take teams like Man City (when they were poor, or Southampton) only a couple of months to find their form when there's a large overhaul of players?

I appreciate what van Gaal has done so far and I think we're well prepared for the future, but there's a line as far as I'm concerned. He's too negative and stubborn to take us that extra step 

Admin

United are definitely not the team they once where when feegie was in his element.  It just takes time so get things right least your not as bad as Chelsea this season lol

we have games where we pass and move well, we just cant score, then we have games where we dont do anything, to start he needs to drop rooney

he didn't he missed to many chances, he hasn't got the pace any more, he scores one goal and every one says he is doing well, he isn't, he missed so many chances he looses the ball to much

3 hours ago, simonutd said:

he didn't he missed to many chances, he hasn't got the pace any more, he scores one goal and every one says he is doing well, he isn't, he missed so many chances he looses the ball to much

We played better yesterday, especially in the first half. It was so good to see, at times, 3 or 4 men attacking the box, even Rooney looked sharp. Second half was bad, I think we lost confidence and sat back once they brought Doumbia on. We have a nice run of fixtures coming up now, I HOPE we can build from this and Rooney can find some form because he's obviously not gonna be dropped..

3 minutes ago, United Road said:

We played better yesterday, especially in the first half. It was so good to see, at times, 3 or 4 men attacking the box, even Rooney looked sharp. Second half was bad, I think we lost confidence and sat back once they brought Doumbia on. We have a nice run of fixtures coming up now, I HOPE we can build from this and Rooney can find some form because he's obviously not gonna be dropped..

Fixtures are looking kind for us over the next few weeks so hopefully winning them in style will be the way

2 minutes ago, redblood said:

Fixtures are looking kind for us over the next few weeks so hopefully winning them in style will be the way

Yeah, West Brom at home next. That will be very tough given the way we're attacking at the moment but if we continue the 4-4-2, we should create enough. Or agent fletcher or evans may lend us a hand!

The good thing about United is I have no worries about the defence so that's half the battle won

Maybe bringing Memphis back into the mix will add that attacking spark!

5 minutes ago, redblood said:

The good thing about United is I have no worries about the defence so that's half the battle won

Maybe bringing Memphis back into the mix will add that attacking spark!

Our defence is great, Mike Smalling is one of the best CBs out there at the moment. I think our midfield is partly to 'blame' for our attack though. We don't need to play Schneiderlin and Bastian/Carrick at the same time, particularly at home to poor opposition unless it's in a 3 man midfield. Memphis seems to be out of form at the moment and Lingard is doing well but this might be the game the former needs

A good run of games for Memphis should boost his confidence especially against the lesser teams in the League. Saying that Leicester are not doing too badly at the moment. As for Smalling he is fast becoming the best defender in the league, he is producing the same level of performances that De Gea produced last season.