• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 7 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Sign in to follow this  
Carravetta

Depay confident he can be Manchester United success

Manchester United winger Memphis Depay has hit back at questions over his attitude, stressing he is a team player who is working hard on "getting back to the top".

Depay made a promising start to his United career, starting all of their Premier League matches up to the 3-0 defeat at Arsenal on October 4 -  but his only start since has been the Capital One Cup defeat against Middlesbrough on October 28.

But Depay told Dutch broadcaster NOS that he has since had "a good conversation" with Blind and is determined to get back to the kind of form that convinced United to pay £25m for him last summer.

"I think I'm a team player and the other players in the team also think that," he said. "I don't think I'm in a difficult path of my career as the media talk, but I just think my form isn't very good right now.

It wasn't easy for Ronaldo in the beginning either. Not that I'm suggesting Depay will be anywhere near as good... 
I think he lacks a bit of confidence at the moment and with the way we were set up earlier in the season, there was a lot of responsibility on him. Now it seems like we're beginning to play with a bit more freedom which might allow him to flourish.