Carravetta

Tottenham new stadium

Tottenham's revised proposal to build London's biggest club stadium have been passed by Haringey Council.

A lengthy council meeting on Wednesday drifted into the early hours of Thursday morning, but the vote went 8-2 in favour of Tottenham and their chairman Daniel Levy.

The 61,080-seater stadium, which will be built adjacent to the club's current home at White Hart Lane, will cost £400m and is expected to be completed in time for the 2018-19 season.

There is a also a provision for NFL games to be played at the new stadium using a retractable pitch, while 600 flats, a museum, medical centre and numerous shops and restaurants will be built as part of a £675m-£700m development.

The plans must be formally approved by London's Mayor Boris Johnson, but he has previously stated his enthusiasm for the project and passed the club's previous plans.

Chairman Levy said: "This marks yet another milestone in what has been a long and often difficult path.

There is a also a provision for NFL games to be played at the new stadium using a retractable pitch, while 600 flats, a museum, medical centre and numerous shops and restaurants will be built as part of a £675m-£700m development.

On 1/24/2018 at 21:13, redblood said:

Will be just over 61,000

Apparently it will have a capacity of just 1 more, than the emirates, talk about getting 1 over your nearest rival's eh.

Just now, The Realist said:

Apparently so. don't hold me to that tho.

Hahah so it's like "don't let the truth get in the way of a good story". 

9 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Hahah so it's like "don't let the truth get in the way of a good story". 

Personally i hope it is true. Spurs are a club i admire, and kind of like to see do well. I feckin hate Arsenal, arrogant bunch of cunt's, who think they have the devine right to success.

It’s looking good but with every passing game at Wembley I miss the old WHL more. Day trippers wearing half and half scarves eating popcorn at a fucking football match.

There were Liverpool fans celebrating in the home end when they scored against us! Piss boiling.

unlikely to change in the new ground either, unfortunately.

Edited by YIDDO

2 minutes ago, YIDDO said:

It’s looking good but with every passing game at Wembley I miss the old WHL more. Day trippers wearing half and half scarves eating popcorn at a fucking football match.

unlikely to change in the new ground either, unfortunately.

The sad part of modern football. hope we never get this shit at Blues.

Juventus & the scum games only until the new stadium. If that’s shite I’ll give up all together and start watching darts.