• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 26 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

redblood

Next Manchester United manager

Next Manchester United manager?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Who will become the next Manchester United manager?

• Jose Mourinho
    • Carlo Ancelotti
    • Pep Guardiola
    • Luis Enrique
    • Diego Simeone
    • Ryan Giggs
    • Other

My name isnt on that list?:angry:

I may only last a few day, Tho what a few days it would be eh?  changing rooms full of whores beer drugs etc. Free beer at games for fans.

The rumours seem to be suggesting Guardiola will end up at City and Ancelotti to Bayern. In which case, we simply have to go for the next best option which is clearly Mourinho. If we end up with Giggs, I really will lose all faith in the board, he needs more than 4 games experience to justify taking on the biggest job in football. Mourinho has the ego to make it work, has the pedigree and will help us in the transfer market. I'm sure this is his dream job and he'll have complete control over the team and transfers which has always caused him issues elsewhere. He'll have a point to prove and will take us back to the top. 

1 hour ago, superally said:

Mourinho was always destined for Man U, in my opinion.

Definitely, he's always shown a great amount of respect for SAF and Man Utd. I think he'd change his ways and maybe mellow out a bit to try make his own legacy like Fergie did. He was never going to get that opportunity at Chelsea where it's instant success or you're out. Still, all speculation at this point, he could easily end up back at Madrid or go to PSG

Just researched some stats to compare the performance of Van Gaal to that of Moyes. This is our last 33 games since we beat Man City 4-2 in April... A game where we looked like a genuinely top and entertaining team. Interestingly, we faced Mourinho a week later and his tactics set up the perfect blueprint in which to stop us. 

VAN GAAL'S LAST 33 GAMES

14 wins, 10 draws, 9 defeats (42.4% wins)

42 goals scored (1.28 per game), 29 conceded (0.88 per game).

ELIMINATED FROM CARLING CUP 4TH ROUND (MIDDLESBROUGH H)

ELIMINATED FROM CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GROUP STAGES 

Net spend: £144m

MOYES' LAST 33 GAMES

16 wins, 5 draws, 12 defeats (48.48% wins)

55 goals scored (1.67 per game), 38 conceded (1.15 per game)

ELIMINATED FROM CARLING CUP SEMI FINAL (SUNDERLAND)

ELIMINATED FROM CHAMPIONS LEAGUE QUARTER FINAL (BAYERN MUNICH)

Net spend: £37.1m

While the net spend total may not be a fair assessment (Moyes' transfer window in this period was in January compared to Van Gaal's summer), it does prove that even with Van Gaal's choice of squad, he is performing so much worse now than Moyes. We've improved defensively but that's arguably down to our negative tactics. 4 wins in our last 15 games including back-to-back defeats against newly promoted opposition I must add.

Make of it what you will. What it tells me is we need a change, pronto! We should not wait until everything is lost to do this like we did with Moyes. Get Mourinho in now and we can win the league, I'm certain of it. At the very least, we can salvage top 4 and challenge properly in 16/17

18 hours ago, superally said:

Vote for SA, i will sort it out trust me.

rooney will love you; he's partial to a beer or two

edit: joke already done lul

3 hours ago, redblood said:

Sky bet have suspended betting on Van Gaal leaving United!

Betting doesn't really mean much though because if more punters stake on an outcome, the odds drop until they suspend further betting. It is eerily quiet on United's end, however. With all the booing, negative coverage and speculation lately, you would expect someone to come out and address the situation either defending or sacking him. I'm thinking that we're trying to avoid a repeat of the Moyes fiasco when every man and his dog knew he was sacked before he did and ironing out every detail before going public. We better hurry up though as we play Stoke in 3 days!

Admin

You have never heard of Guardiola? If not trolling BB i suggest I update you with football

Edit - Merged with Next Manchester United manager thread

Guardiola would be more of a better fit for Manchester United than Jose Mourinho

He has a good track record of bringing in youth players. He brought Thiago through at Barcelona (Shame he chose Spain instead of Brazil)