• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 34 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

United Road

The Van Gaal Thread

Goes on a Mourinho style monologue and rage quits today's press conference after 5 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okq5Q1X-GSQ

I've made my feelings on him very clear lately and there's clearly been a lot of speculation surrounding the United job. However, this whole mess has made me feel a degree of sympathy for him and I do want to rally behind him and the team.

I think he's an arrogant, stubborn and emotionless fool who has sucked the enjoyment out of watching United...BUT, he is an honest and classy man who clearly respects the club and has always shown great admiration and gratitude towards the fans. He's tried his best but sadly it isn't panning out, and probably won't.

The media in this country are vultures, parasites..whatever you want to call them and a man of van Gaal's history and esteem doesn't deserve to be attacked the way he has been, I don't think, with lies and rumours, especially when he's always been warm and entertaining to the journalists. 

I hope he can turn it around, but as I've said many times on here, I really don't think he can and an accumulation of factors and mistakes means we need a change. It will be an interesting few days and whatever outcome, he will have my respect, none the least for putting two fingers up to the media who get away with far too much in this country!

The media are probably doing us a favour as it's obvious he cannot change things at the club for the better.

His arrogance cost him his last club position.

7 minutes ago, redblood said:

The media are probably doing us a favour as it's obvious he cannot change things at the club for the better.

His arrogance cost him his last club position.

United will always sell so we have to put up with it. Remember when the thing about Giggs' affair broke, there were more questions about that than the CL final game!! Fergie banned anyone who mentioned it! 

What do you make of his reaction today? There's two interpretations I can make out... one that he's feeling the pressure and cracking up, the other may be an act of defiance; sticking two fingers up to the country and spurring the players on

We don't have bad players. When they're motivated, they could give anyone in the league a game. The problem is if they're given the license to play their natural games and if it's training and our tactics that are deflating them as opposed to bad results. If this and the speech he apparently gave at Christmas lunch fires the players up, they need to be able to be allowed to prove everyone wrong. Stoke will be a massive game and will give us a clearer indication on who's to blame and what the future holds

9 minutes ago, merseylad said:

Keep Van Gaal in charge!

He is United's Hodgson

Yes but Van Gaal was not battling relegation!

He will be gone soon

Admin

He will be gone today when you lose!!

Admin

He has to Really,  he's shit. 

Admin
53 minutes ago, redblood said:

Get Karanka in!

Leave him alone he's ours 

1 hour ago, YIDDO said:

Hopefully he stays at United for years.

You lot dodged a bullet at a time when I thought we had the better bet.

Funny thing is I would have had Pochettino back in 2014