redblood

BT £12.5bn EE Takeover Cleared By Regulator

The CMA’s decision paves the way for BT to complete the acquisition of EE in the coming weeks and to incorporate the business into the wider BT Group in the months to come.

There will be a distinct EE line of business following completion of the acquisition. This will be led by Marc Allera who will become EE CEO following completion of the deal.

BT Chief Executive Gavin Patterson said: “It is great news that the CMA has approved our acquisition of EE. We are pleased they have found there to be no significant lessening of competition following an in-depth investigation lasting more than ten months.

“The combined BT and EE will be a digital champion for the UK, providing high levels of investment and driving innovation in a highly competitive market. I have no doubt that consumers, businesses and communities will benefit as we combine the power of fibre broadband with the convenience of leading edge mobile services. I look forward to welcoming EE into the BT family”.

Following today’s approval BT will commence the formal process of completing the deal. A prospectus will be issued in the week commencing January 25 with the deal set to close on January 29 when Deutsche Telekom and Orange will receive shares in BT. BT will report its Q3 2015/16 results on February 1.

Following completion of the deal Deutsche Telekom will have twelve per cent of BT shares and Orange will have four per cent. A representative of Deutsche Telekom will be appointed to the BT Board in due course.

http://home.bt.com/news/bt-life/bt-welcomes-cmas-approval-of-ee-acquisition-11364033662015

Wonder how long before I lose the ee brand and come under bt.  Not bothered like,  but the bigger the company the more services and better coverage there should be.  

Weeks at best, a few months at worse

My contract with Three is up in April, considering switching to Sky Mobile as they are expected to launch in the next few months. That way I can have the same provider for TV, Phone, Broadband & Mobile

Fuck all the big corporations and banks. Corrupt feckers. Ever noticed how you have an agreement NOT a contract. Tho you are led to believe it's a contract. A contract must be signed by both parties to make it legal/Lawfully binding, So if you ever want to get out of anything, Ask for a copy of the contract, You will never EVER get one containing a signature from somebody in their company. Reason why is simple, that makes that person liable.mortgage agreement credit agreement etc, never ever  a contract.