jcasper

The Drinking Thread

4 hours ago, Locke said:

I am supping a nice bottle of red this evening.

You enjoy your bevvy don't you pal?. 

Got a nice ice cold glass bottle of irn bru by my side. 

Love the stuff. 

7 hours ago, MrMacleod said:

Love the stuff. 

Yeah, I would probably drink every day if I could.

I try to be disciplined.

Friday looks like the next drinky poo's for me.

Day off for me yesterday as I was driving in the afternoon....had to pick up the wife after her weekend away then we went for our tea at a fairly local eaterie. Taking advantage of my good nature she also indulged in a glass of rose.

On 14/05/2018 at 02:01, MrMacleod said:

Love the stuff. 

sugar free I hope....keep Nicole and Shona happy.....:flashing-lol:

I have managed to get out for a couple of swift uns this afternoon. 

Rewarding mysel after a day in the garden....knackered but will manage several drinky poos before teatime.

4 hours ago, Harold said:

Rewarding mysel after a day in the garden....knackered but will manage several drinky poos before teatime.

Do you drink every day Harold?

Got back home at half 8 tonight. Spent the whole day driving. Took 45 mins to get from Leith to Redford barracks then the same.time.back to the ship. Then from Leith to faslane and back, that was 5 hours. And finally and drove 3 hours home. So having a few.pints of vodka and coke. 

Need to buy some for the ship when we deploy. But not getting it from Scotland. Their prices are stupid now. I can get a bottle of Tesco vodka which is £15 in england., But in Scotland it's £18.49. why sensible drinkers are.being punished is beyond.me. not all people who drink are alcoholics. 

To be fair I drink to get drunk. Some people would say o have a problem. But why drink? I don't understand people who go out and have one pint. I'd rather have a coke. If I'm drinking I'm getting pissed. 

10 hours ago, Locke said:

Do you drink every day Harold?

I try not to but sometimes I fail.....I didn't have a drop on Monday there & depending when the wife phones to get picked up this afternoon (she's away to Glasgow with the ramblers) I may not.

9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

To be fair I drink to get drunk. Some people would say o have a problem. But why drink? I don't understand people who go out and have one pint. I'd rather have a coke. If I'm drinking I'm getting pissed. 

To enjoy it. I like sitting relaxing with a few but I've only been tipsy once in over 3 years.

9 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Need to buy some for the ship when we deploy. But not getting it from Scotland. Their prices are stupid now. I can get a bottle of Tesco vodka which is £15 in england., But in Scotland it's £18.49. why sensible drinkers are.being punished is beyond.me. not all people who drink are alcoholics. 

Don't know where you've got your prices mate but £18.49 is way higher than it should be. Here's a link to Tescos for Smirnoff....

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/256554862

what a total fuck up with train times....their website gave the wrong time for the wife's outward journey to Glasgow so after dropping her off I just got home for her to phone me so I had to go back, pick her up and take her to another station where she got a train. The train bringing her back was then fucking delayed. Anyways, just back & sitting enjoying a bottle of Echo Falls red. Fry up shortly.

I'm on it :) 

Well i'm enjoying some Vodka and coke while the missus is upstairs doing a uni assignment. 

On 19/05/2018 at 09:13, boro_boy said:

I had half a bottle of vodka last night.fimishingnthe other half today.

Spare room here I come......:flashing-lol:

Today I am repeating yesterday and have stuck two bottles of EF red in the fridge to enjoy watching the Partick Thisle  v Livingston game.