jcasper

The Drinking Thread

16 hours ago, Locke said:

just support the team from your city or town!!

On the other side of the coin mate.....I stay in Falkirk area but my old man was a Rangers supporter and when I was old enough (roughly around 9/10 years) he started taking me to Gers games and that was me. When I got to about 13 I was allowed to go on a supporters bus to most games with pals so Rangers was the team for me.

15 hours ago, The Realist said:

when visiting family in Falkirk who were Bairns. @Harold will know about bairns)

Yeah, been at Brockville on many occasions. Take it you're aware that it is no longer ? It is now a Morrisons supermarket site. Falkirk now play at the Westfield stadium just off the main road leading to Grangemouth at the end of the Bog area of Falkirk.

30 minutes ago, Harold said:

On the other side of the coin mate.....I stay in Falkirk area but my old man was a Rangers supporter and when I was old enough (roughly around 9/10 years) he started taking me to Gers games and that was me. When I got to about 13 I was allowed to go on a supporters bus to most games with pals so Rangers was the team for me.

Did you have far to travel from Falkirk to Ibrox?

I started going down Brum without my Dad in about 1979.

I was a yobbo for a few years from about 1982 ish and finally grew up in about 1990.

I was a season ticket holder back then but I loved the thrill of the away day. I was up at the crack of dawn some days. What a twat I was!

12 minutes ago, Locke said:

Did you have far to travel from Falkirk to Ibrox?

roughly 25 miles mate.

7 hours ago, Harold said:

Yeah, been at Brockville on many occasions. Take it you're aware that it is no longer ? It is now a Morrisons supermarket site. Falkirk now play at the Westfield stadium just off the main road leading to Grangemouth at the end of the Bog area of Falkirk.

Yes fella am aware of that, Been maybe 15 years since they moved. I have not been to the new stadium tho.

7 hours ago, Locke said:

and finally grew up in about 1990.

I know this is the drinking thread fella, but feck me, to assume that you must surely be too drunk to type.:yes: