Jump to content
EURO 2020 - Don't forget to put your predictions in before 5pm on Sunday. ×

Tonight's dinner.


superally

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Makdee said:

Mixed grill tonight Bit of fillet steak, burger, kidney bacon fried onion couple of mushrooms and egg 

Its been a while, but used to get that from the Chinese in Ards.... lovely.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Harold said:

don't know what that is but seemed like a good reply.....lol

Metformin is a drug used to lower blood sugars after meals.

I take 1000 mg a day but clearly it isn't working. I may have to start injecting insulin. 

I really do not want that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Moderator
24 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Metformin is a drug used to lower blood sugars after meals.

I take 1000 mg a day but clearly it isn't working. I may have to start injecting insulin. 

I really do not want that. 

Metformin wasn’t great for me so I was put on Victoza 1.8 once a day it’s an injection but not insulin. Been on it 7 years or so my bloods sit between 5.8 and 6.2. No horrible side effects 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Makdee said:

Metformin wasn’t great for me so I was put on Victoza 1.8 once a day it’s an injection but not insulin. Been on it 7 years or so my bloods sit between 5.8 and 6.2. No horrible side effects 

I will look into that. 

Unfortunately I have already suffered some neuropathy from elevated sugar levels. 

I have to speak to the Dr on Monday. Going on low carb diet too.

Can you eat what you like with this Victoza? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Super Moderator
4 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

I will look into that. 

Unfortunately I have already suffered some neuropathy from elevated sugar levels. 

I have to speak to the Dr on Monday. Going on low carb diet too.

Can you eat what you like with this Victoza? 

Yeah as long as you don’t go nuts mate. It will also suppress your appetite a wee bit. Worth a go if it keeps you off the insulin though. Good luck at the Docs 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Are me and Bastion the only guys in good health on here? Must be our upbringing Scotch broth, tatties and Irish pudding. Then again maybe the daily spoonfull of cod liver oil i got rammed down my throat as a wean was for something:beer:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Makdee said:

Mixed grill tonight Bit of fillet steak, burger, kidney bacon fried onion couple of mushrooms and egg 

sounds good but i would swap out the kidney for liver 😃

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sployal said:

Are me and Bastion the only guys in good health on here? Must be our upbringing Scotch broth, tatties and Irish pudding. Then again maybe the daily spoonfull of cod liver oil i got rammed down my throat as a wean was for something:beer:

its the haggis ye get down you 🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Is meat expensive is NI?

I dont know, I got a Big Bit for £21, it usually cost me around £16/17, but this was Big, Butcher said it was £24, I said no, something smaller.... he said, tell you what, £21 and its yours......

Cooked the bastard yesterday,  12 hrs, got a knife pushed it all the way through like a hot knife through butter....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Statistics

    6.2k
    Total Topics
    142.9k
    Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

    625
    Total Members
    3,654
    Most Online
    steven354
    Newest Member
    steven354
    Joined
  • New users  0 New users online in the last 24 hours

    No new users

×
×
  • Create New...