The Realist

Tonight's dinner.

Wife phoned....she's been down at Christmas markets (Grassington & Skipton I think) & will be later back this evening so it will be an auld favourite...chips, fried eggs (chip pan style) and beans.

On 02/12/2018 at 17:10, Harold said:

Wife phoned....she's been down at Christmas markets (Grassington & Skipton I think) & will be later back this evening so it will be an auld favourite...chips, fried eggs (chip pan style) and beans.

Eggs chips and beans is hard to beat. I saw a guy in the canteen at work having, beans&   cheese  on toast, it looked so nice and the thought of it stuck in my mind all day. Mrs SA done me some for dinner just now, it was heavenly.

9 hours ago, The Realist said:

Eggs chips and beans is hard to beat. I saw a guy in the canteen at work having, beans&   cheese  on toast, it looked so nice and the thought of it stuck in my mind all day. Mrs SA done me some for dinner just now, it was heavenly.

I occasionally have what is called....'cheesy beanos'. Toast one side of the bread then put slices of cheddar on the other side over spoonfuls of beans and stick back under the grill till the cheese melts. Really tasty. Perhaps it's the same as what the guy had.

On 29/11/2018 at 17:48, Locke said:

I had M&S Chicken Madras.

It was of restaurant quality in my opinion.

IMG_20181129_173152215.jpg

Sure that's what the wife got for herself for tonight & I am having dirty cheesy fries with breaded mushrooms and the wife is going to make up a mayonnaise dip.

1 hour ago, Harold said:

Sure that's what the wife got for herself for tonight & I am having dirty cheesy fries with breaded mushrooms and the wife is going to make up a mayonnaise dip.

She will be most pleased with it 

Fish n chips from shop for me 

28 minutes ago, Locke said:

She will be most pleased with it 

Fish n chips from shop for me 

aye, she's had it before...that's the one I couldn't mind the other day when we were discussing M&S grub. Tell you what too. I love getting a selection of party food for my tea for a couple of dinners over the festive period & they have a good selection.

8 minutes ago, Harold said:

aye, she's had it before...that's the one I couldn't mind the other day when we were discussing M&S grub. Tell you what too. I love getting a selection of party food for my tea for a couple of dinners over the festive period & they have a good selection.

Oh yes indeedy. Preferably washed down with alcohol.

27 minutes ago, Locke said:

Oh yes indeedy. Preferably washed down with alcohol.

Believe it or not mate although I like a snifter or two most days I never ever drink alcohol when I am eating whether that be in the house or if the wife and I go out for a meal. In the house it's a tumbler of water, if we're out it's soda water & lime.