New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
Canaries

Does this place cost much to run

Nah doesn't cost that much, nothing I can't afford. 

Domain is about $15 a year
Hosting $8.99 a year
Software, can't remember, was a one off fee for a year then its $30 every 6 month. 

That's pretty good, I've always though running websites was very expensive!

The other forum I was signed up to was paying probably double on the domain & hosting and it was barely active.

Obviously if the site gets busier I'll have to upgrade and thats when it does get expensive.  But at the moment it's pennies to me.  If we do get busy then I'd have to pay more and possible put adverts on the site. 

We do actually have adverts on the site now but they are for guests.

8 hours ago, Canaries said:

That's pretty good, I've always though running websites was very expensive!

The other forum I was signed up to was paying probably double on the domain & hosting and it was barely active.

Ah well, fuck the other forum. I never had a problem clicking a few ads, too help the site out.

1 hour ago, Canaries said:

Is that all it's a case of

create domain, web hosting & forum software. Must have set this place up in a day

Are you here, To be an active part of this forum, Or on some kind of fishing exercise,If it's the latter, then you can fuck off, If it's the former, welcome to the forum. There are plenty of other  threads you can post in.

20 minutes ago, superally said:

Are you here, To be an active part of this forum, Or on some kind of fishing exercise,If it's the latter, then you can fuck off, If it's the former, welcome to the forum. There are plenty of other  threads you can post in.

the former

was just curious that is all

Now then I will  talk about city

3 minutes ago, redblood said:

This section is now dedicated to drinking related threads

Hence the reason I created a tech forum, ask questions in that section!

Tho surely admin and staff, won't respond to question's about running the place. Bit pissed off BB gave that advice so freely, when the correct response should have, Why you asking?

Also was not the Tech forum a result of my shouting and screaming to tidy the place up a bit? As in several posts i made, in the thingy thread, And pm's to BB?