• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

boro_boy

Fucking SKY!!!

Admin

Just got home to find my sky box has no signal. Its happened a few times but i've managed to fix it by removing the cables, then putting them back in and resetting the box, but not this time. I've even tried putting my old multiroom box downstairs and that doesn't get a signal from either wire.

Sky say they will send an engineer out for £65, they can fuck off as it costs me £88 per month as it is and I've had these same sky boxes for just over 4 years now!!! ROBBING FUCKING CUNTS!

So you ask them, If they are unable to provide the service you are paying for, Why should you pay them. If they say it is in your contract, ask for a copy of the contract. For any contract to be enforcable under law, it must contain 2 signatures, 1 being yours, the other from sky. I absolutely guarantee they cannot provide this. If they cannot, then lawfully there is no contract. Nobody from a company will ever sign a contract on that companies behalf, As that makes them personably liable. Never happened never will. Clever people are getting there mortgages quashed now. with a little knowledge. Remember there is a big difference between lawful and legal. Do some research.

Admin

Oh right, never new that, will give them a ring!

I think the terms change once the customer is out of contract. With the sky equipment you are not renting it like virgin (where there call out charges are free). The equipment is yours.

I take it you have the sky+hd box, phone them and upgrade to the sky+2tb hd box. it will put you in a new contract but your box will covered in that time. Failing that you can take sky ensurance on your bxoes for about 7 pound per month

Admin

I've been waiting on the phone for ages so bought the skyprotect, via direct debit, called them up and they are sending an engineer out ON FUCKING SUNDAY!!!!!

But they say if they can't fix your problem within 2 days of reporting it, they will give me sky free for a week. Still fucking wank, can't even get free-view as I've never installed a TV Ariel on my house, home for 4 days with no signal, i'm trying all sorts with the box, just performing a system update at the moment. If that fixes it then I'll cancel the direct debit and then hopefully the stuff will last for 6 months, then i'll switch for BT or someone else, yeah not as good as sky but i'll stay with them for 12 months then get sky again with good discounts!

Admin

Oh yeah I guess I could use that, never though of that lol, i'm a mong some times, well actually the majority of the time!

yeah that works

On 03/02/2016 at 9:37 PM, boro_boy said:

Oh yeah I guess I could use that, never though of that lol, i'm a mong some times, well actually the majority of the time!

yeah that works

Can't believe you'd pay for Sky when there is the firestick.

pjkTqS.jpg

I have an Amazon fire stick on TV in bedroom and a fire box in living room.

Both loaded with Kodi.

Fuck Sky! Lovely jubbly. 

Have kodi but it's rubbish for sport so I have Bt tv with sky and bt sport. 

Only costs me £65 a month as well, that's phone and internet. 

What bandwidth is your internet mate?

Seems like a good price.

As RD said. Shite for sports. I have one go to link and if that fails I don't even bother.

However, Kodi is top hole for everything else. Well mine is. 

25 minutes ago, Negan said:

What bandwidth is your internet mate?

Seems like a good price.

18 minutes ago, Amy said:

Wow that is cheap. I pay £120 a month, that's for sky, 3 multi rooms, phone and internet. Then I pay £11 a month to BT for the sports. Haven't heard of kodi, are they good?

It's known as infinity 1, I get the sky sports channels for an extra charge and the BT sport free as I'm BT customer. 

It generally costs me around £75 month in extras. 

Reply below added 1 minute later

5 minutes ago, Negan said:

As RD said. Shite for sports. I have one go to link and if that fails I don't even bother.

However, Kodi is top hole for everything else. Well mine is. 

We only use it for movies and boxsets. 

It's more than paid for itself at £50 over a year ago. 

When I first got it the sports were excellent, they've gradually got worse. 

My eldest loves Anime films, she has every movie at the touch of a button, she loves it. 

I have virgin media, had no problems with them. Although i dont have any sports or movie channels as im never in the house too watch them.

Just a music package, internet. 24.99 a month.

Always have great internet. But think for new season ill get the sports package.