New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
boro_boy

Plans for the weekend?

Iv'e had a bit of a nice touch today. My boss agreed to let me have Friday off, so i am going Portugal with Mrs SA. Not going to be a leisurely trip tho. Fly out early Friday morning, Back home Sunday evening. Taking delivery of some furniture.Seems she has sorted the first leg of the furniture nightmare.

A nice little trip too Portugal seems quite good, I'm sure you will find some time to catch in the sights :).

Unfortunately its a working weekend for me, fully booked all weekend so looks like its going too be a busy one for me. Off work Sunday/Monday so a couple days off again to chill.

Just now, MrMacleod said:

A nice little trip too Portugal seems quite good, I'm sure you will find some time to catch in the sights :).

Unfortunately its a working weekend for me, fully booked all weekend so looks like its going too be a busy one for me. Off work Sunday/Monday so a couple days off again to chill.

Been there so many times fella. We have got a property over there, Sadly we never took the option of buying the furniture in the purchase. It has been really difficult trying to furnish it from the UK. We cannot really be there, on all the different days they want to deliver. Mrs SA has worked tirelessly on it tho and eventually managed to order the stuff and get it all delivered on the same day. So we are getting the bedroom furniture, and lounge/living room furniture delivered on Saturday, which to be fair, I have to congratulate her on this.Still a lot of stuff to get, to make it a proper home, tho at least with what is coming we be finally able to use the place, and stay in relative comfort.

I'm sure once use get all the furniture you will a nic little holiday pad and be able too retreat when it gets too much.

Remember your good pals on here whenever they decide a trip to Portugal ;)

Got the weekend off so planning on going through too Edinburgh to visit my sister and newly born nephew :). Maybe do a bit of shopping while I'm there.

Apart from that, pretty much chilled weekend for me.

My weekend is basically over, never really started, not long back from Manzil's. Had vindaloo tonight, hot curry really is the best thing for a cold/manflu, It seem's to have gone already, tho i was sweating a bit eating it. working tomorrow night, 6-6, night shift next week,including Friday night,Only Saturday off. This is due to production of the XE ending at Solihull and being moved to Castle Brom, (i drove the last one off the line yesterday).Massive migration of stock taking place over the next 3 weekends. Will be at Blues next Saturday tho.

4 minutes ago, Negan said:

I don't have to go back in until next Friday so my weekend is a week long. 

So much going on at JLR tho. In my position i have certain obligations. We really cant keep up with the demand for cars, In spite of having production in China & India. Have also done a deal with a Scandanavian car company, to build cars at their plant, which is very much underused.The Evoque built at Halewood is a big seller with a big waiting list. The F-Pace is selling at  60k a month. There is talk of moving the F-Pace to Castle Brom, tho the track's there is not suitable for a 4x4. Biggest problem faced is a lot foreign buyer's are refusing to accept the Indian and Chinese built cars, and are more than willing to pay the extra taxes/import duty to have a British built one. That puts pressure on us to ramp up production, which is already near max capacity. Current waiting list for some model's start's at 18 months plus.We also have the electric car,plus another 26 new models in development.

Very reassuring to know tho, that rich foreigner's are currently lining up in a long queue for the Birmingham built cars, rather than taking the cheaper and quicker option of foreign built one's.In spite of the extra import duty taxes etc. Makes me think Brexit, really will have no impact on JLR.

10 minutes ago, Negan said:

Birmingham trade really hasn't been affected by Brexit as yet.

Two more weekends out the boozer for me yet so takings will be down though. 

Seriously tho. I wonder what thing's would be like  in south Birmingham now, if TATA, had gotten hold of the old Rover works at Longbridge. Still narks me to this day what happened there, and the effect it had on people. Leyland Daf is another one, tho i think EU regulations had a large part to play in Leyland Daf, and to some extent never hepled Rover too much either.

1 minute ago, Negan said:

Poor staff attitude was the main thing in the demise of Longbridge.

It was in the grip of the union's. They gave poor advice.

It should still be there and thriving... Thankfully LR have learned from that and thrived.

It was a lot of thing's over a number of years. Under the British Leyland umbrella, We had so many different plant's building cars that were competing against one another, Possible exception being Jaguar, who built luxury cars, and have survived and prospered. The British car manufacturing industry is really thriving tho, Toyota at Derby, Nissan in Sunderland, JLR plus a few other's like the Honda Civic built in Swindon, and the Mini,(who's spititual home is Birmingham Longbridge) which is (i think) built now in Cowley. Lotus, Rolls Royce. Whatever happened to Daimler?

30 minutes ago, Negan said:

Add Aston Martin to that list.

Mini is still built at Cowley. 

Over 1 million mini's were built at Longbridge. MG is still building cars in south B'ham, tho not many. Also the glass place.used to be triplex, supplies JLR, Tho cos it can't meet our production demand's we have to import too,how feckin sad is that? Sadly the EU, rules forbid any kind of investment from the UK government.As is the case with the Port Talbot steelworks.

So this weekend, I'm up to my usual weekly shop to Tesco, walking the dog and watching TV.

Still no drink!

Totally dry this year.

38 minutes ago, Negan said:

We have shopping delivered all the time now.

This weekend I am working. I really don't mind though.

I like to actually see what i'm buying, decide which meat I want, what veg I want. I've tried getting it delivered a few times but its not been good. 

I enjoy shopping too, gets me out the house haha!

6 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Off to Haydock races on Saturday, should be a good laugh. Really not got a clue about the horses so anyone with any tips it's appreciated. 

It's not about the betting fella. The horses is a really good day out. I like you don't have a clue, still find it really enjoyable. something different.

Finished a late valentines meal, just gave Rachael some money to go out with girlfriends and I've got the boys coming round for a few beers and watch the football.

Win win situation for me!

Good luck with that mega boost!

Working all weekend so nothing special planned. Off today but just catching up with my new menu planning (sounds exciting I know). If I'm feeling abit brave later might go out for a pint.