• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 15 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

boro_boy

Plans for the weekend?

On 12/10/2019 at 07:04, Mr Magnificent said:

I had my flu jab yesterday.

Up all night, fevered, aching all over, sneezing. My arm hurts like fuck too! 

Both!

I cant understand anyone getting that  jab. Is it because the flu is lethal to some folk ?

32 minutes ago, DOC said:

I cant understand anyone getting that  jab. Is it because the flu is lethal to some folk ?

Thousands die from flu related illness every year or because the flu impairs various organs in the  body 

8 hours ago, Makdee said:

Thousands die from flu related illness every year or because the flu impairs various organs in the  body 

It's mainly the young and the old I think it people who have a suppressed immune system. 

9 hours ago, Makdee said:

Sitting in the Flying Scotsman pub in Renfrew with my  three boys as the middle one is getting married tomorrow so having a few. Going to be a busy weekend with copious amounts of alcohol taken 😁👍🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃

hear from ye sometime next week Mak....I'll do the team news if I get a hold of it tomorrow as I presume you may be still hung over.....:flashing-lol:

On 18/10/2019 at 21:52, Makdee said:

Sitting in the Flying Scotsman pub in Renfrew with my  three boys as the middle one is getting married tomorrow so having a few. Going to be a busy weekend with copious amounts of alcohol taken 😁👍🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃🥃

Hope you had a great day Mak and all the best to your son & wife. Didn't expect to see you on here so early....:flashing-lol:. I'm just away to start a thread for the game today.

Well I was at sea yesterday and today up the Firth or Forth. 

IMG_20191019_112358.jpgIMG_20191019_170242-EFFECTS.jpgEFFECTS.jpg

Sailing again tomorrow for more training,  with fire exercises and floods, maybe a few machinery breakdowns too!! Then back alongside. Off to Newcastle for just over a week at the end of this week. 

3 hours ago, boro_boy said:

Well I was at sea yesterday and today up the Firth or Forth. 

IMG_20191019_112358.jpgIMG_20191019_170242-EFFECTS.jpgEFFECTS.jpg

Sailing again tomorrow for more training,  with fire exercises and floods, maybe a few machinery breakdowns too!! Then back alongside. Off to Newcastle for just over a week at the end of this week. 

I'd be much more appreciative if you was patrolling the Med, and sinking all those fucking migrant boats, hey ho you have your orders, like the rest of us.

19 hours ago, The Realist said:

I'd be much more appreciative if you was patrolling the Med, and sinking all those fucking migrant boats, hey ho you have your orders, like the rest of us.

I've had enough time in the med haha, and the Persian gulf.  We used to go to Malta on the way to and from the gulf but now only rarely go there depending on the influx of refugees/terrorists.

I'm fucking in the metro centre. It's fucking heaving and I'm hating it. People are spastics with no spacial awareness. 

2 hours ago, Harold said:

you're sexual habits are best kept to yourself mate.

Hahaha good one. I'm home now thank fuck. 

Birthday weekend for me this weekend,had the wife asking me what i want to do etc, and the kids will as usual be planning something. Mrs SA was really not happy when i told her the Blues are at home, and i will be going to the game. I guess they just gonna have to work around it, after all they should really know by now. Fair play to my oldest tho, he suggested we meet after the game at DDC and take it from there. winner.

1 hour ago, The Realist said:

Birthday weekend for me this weekend,had the wife asking me what i want to do etc, and the kids will as usual be planning something. Mrs SA was really not happy when i told her the Blues are at home, and i will be going to the game. I guess they just gonna have to work around it, after all they should really know by now. Fair play to my oldest tho, he suggested we meet after the game at DDC and take it from there. winner.

I too will be at Digbeth Dining Club on Saturday. I hope the food is good! 

8 minutes ago, Farmer Sue Tickles said:

I too will be at Digbeth Dining Club on Saturday. I hope the food is good! 

Advert says "UK's premier street food destination".

Is street food a pseudonym for road kill?                             :-)

It clearly isn't the UK's premier street food destination lol.

Street food is just twats in trailers cooking shite which anyone can cook. Also every part of the UK will be "the best" street food destination as the locals would have.done some kind of vote.

Nothings beats the Teesside Parmo.

I've.just proved my point. 

Thank You. 

13 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

It clearly isn't the UK's premier street food destination lol.

Street food is just twats in trailers cooking shite which anyone can cook. Also every part of the UK will be "the best" street food destination as the locals would have.done some kind of vote.

Nothings beats the Teesside Parmo.

I've.just proved my point. 

Thank You. 

Parmo isn't street food.

As for the DDC,, It's based around 4 nightclubs, open Thursday -Sunday is massively popular having several thousand visitors every week.It's a nice place to spend a few hours. Been running for several years. If your ever in Brum you really should visit.

It also has won Best in Europe last 3 years.

6 minutes ago, The Realist said:

Parmo isn't street food.

As for the DDC,, It's based around 4 nightclubs, open Thursday -Sunday is massively popular having several thousand visitors every week.It's a nice place to spend a few hours. Been running for several years. If your ever in Brum you really should visit.

It also has won Best in Europe last 3 years.

Night clubs and food. In Boro that means shite expensive food. Well ten years ago anyway when I used.to go out. Oh I never said parmo was street food. But it could be if you buy it from a little stall. Anything can be classed as street food. It's just a gimmick to up the price of the food. I'd say calling food street food as the same price increase as calling it vegan/vegetarian/organic. 

Basically it's a rip off. 

But Parmos are.so nice, 💓 attack on a plate. Haha. 

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Night clubs and food. In Boro that means shite expensive food. Well ten years ago anyway when I used.to go out. Oh I never said parmo was street food. But it could be if you buy it from a little stall. Anything can be classed as street food. It's just a gimmick to up the price of the food. I'd say calling food street food as the same price increase as calling it vegan/vegetarian/organic. 

Basically it's a rip off. 

But Parmos are.so nice, 💓 attack on a plate. Haha. 

It's so different from the food available elsewhere in Brum tho. Some of the original traders there, have opened their own restaurants now  very successful too. Original patty men, and Baked in brick, come to mind straight away. Baked in brick was another level of food fella.Really funky stand too.

I have to agree with BB on this one. 

DDC is ok in Summer. The food also is just ok and overpriced.

Patty men are good, but are they any better than five guys? Nope. 

Certainly wouldn't do a birthday there. 

2 minutes ago, Mr Magnificent said:

Certainly wouldn't do a birthday there. 

Fact is fella, it's a convenient place for me to meet up with friends/family etc, after the Blues game, and as i previously said, take it from there. I'm not too sure what you do for your birthday, don't really give a shite either, tho by your own admission, you have no friends, so the chances of you being there with 50+ people is never gonna happen. You can only dream of having that amount of people there celebrating your birthday. Yet hey ho, maybe  you  Mrs Vulcan, and a wheelchair, along with a few cans of dishwater Carling in Kings Heath park floats your boat. It's all about standards. I have them as i do also have many many friends you sadly do not.Get over it and move on.

Right peeps...logging off....away to have my tea then the frenchies are arriving soon, so the morra...let's play nice tonight and not have me fucking about deleting shite tomorrow.....I really would appreciate that guys!

46 minutes ago, Harold said:

Right peeps...logging off....away to have my tea then the frenchies are arriving soon, so the morra...let's play nice tonight and not have me fucking about deleting shite tomorrow.....I really would appreciate that guys!

No problem Harold mate.

What an awful day in Brum. Totally sodden. Everything has been washed out. 

On a plus note, I thought we would get bombed out with fireworks. It hasn't happened though. I bet the German Christmas Market is like a swimming pool too.