redblood

Superbowl 50

Admin

Not me,  not bothered at all about this.  To much hype.  

Admin

That is true. 

24 minutes ago, redblood said:

True but the hype I suppose is justified unlike the FA Cup.

BBC over hyping a second rate competition

Disgusting talk. The oldest football competition in world football is "second rate"? Bollocks.

2 minutes ago, YIDDO said:

Disgusting talk. The oldest football competition in world football is "second rate"? Bollocks.

Just because it's the oldest does not mean it's the best. I think very few teams prioritise the competition nowadays.

What would you rather Spurs win if given the choice? 

20 hours ago, redblood said:

Just because it's the oldest does not mean it's the best. I think very few teams prioritise the competition nowadays.

The only thing I'd take over an FA Cup win this season would be the title itself, for obvious reasons. Finishing fourth or the FA Cup? Cup all day long. I'd take the Carling Cup (or whatever it's called now) over fourth as well. The game is about glory and winning things.

1 minute ago, YIDDO said:

The only thing I'd take over an FA Cup win this season would be the title itself, for obvious reasons. Finishing fourth or the FA Cup? Cup all day long. I'd take the Carling Cup (or whatever it's called now) over fourth as well. The game is about glory and winning things.

See what you mean

I think most clubs make the league the priority whether that's aiming to win it, battle relegation or achieve promotion.

20 hours ago, redblood said:

Sadly, It was Man UTD, that fucked the FA cup, withdrawing in favour of whatever shite it was they wanted to do. They should not have had an option, Man U are not bigger than the FA, (tho they may think differently) They should not have had the choice, Play in the FA cup, or forever be banned from anything FA related. THey were also the first club to play weakened teams in it.

The very fact that they complained about having to play to many games. Then on a free weekend arranged a glamour  friendly,(money spinner) at old trafford, playing a virtually full strength team. Kind of took the piss. 

Don't care about it or rugby in general. What really ticks me off is all the people who pretend to give a shit about the Superbowl each year, when 99% don't watch the weekly games. Much like people pretending they care about tennis when Wimbledon is on or the Rugby WC. Don't get why people do it personally but whatever

Just now, superally said:

Sadly, It was Man UTD, that fucked the FA cup, withdrawing in favour of whatever shite it was they wanted to do. They should not have had an option, Man U are not bigger than the FA, (tho they may think differently) They should not have had the choice, Play in the FA cup, or forever be banned from anything FA related. THey were also the first club to play weakened teams in it.

The very fact that they complained about having to play to many games. Then on a free weekend arranged a glamour  friendly,(money spinner) at old trafford, playing a virtually full strength team. Kind of took the piss. 

The FA made United play that tournament in Brazil back in 2000. Apparently it would have boosted England's chances of hosting the World Cup in 2006. But I do agree it did degrade the competition. United were offered a bye to the 5th round that year but decided that 65-70 games a season would kill the players.

3 minutes ago, redblood said:

See what you mean

I think most clubs make the league the priority whether that's aiming to win it, battle relegation or achieve promotion.

Unfortunately, that's where the money is. I doubt the prize money for winning the FA Cup is even half of what a club earns for finishing 17th in the Premier League. Obviously clubs want to stay in the top division of English football, but there is no cash incentive for those clubs to try and win the FA Cup, which ultimately there needs to be for money-driven owners to take the competition seriously.

Despite hating them, Arsenal (with the help of some very favourable draws the last two years) have reassessed the way they approach the competition and have won it two years on the trot. Hopefully other clubs who do not take it as seriously follow suit in the future.

1 minute ago, redblood said:

The FA made United play that tournament in Brazil back in 2000. Apparently it would have boosted England's chances of hosting the World Cup in 2006. But I do agree it did degrade the competition. United were offered a bye to the 5th round that year but decided that 65-70 games a season would kill the players.

Nothing the FA or UTD have ever done, Looked as good as Beyonce at the bowl tho. She is the future former Mrs sa. Only woman i would leave Mrs sa for.

1 minute ago, redblood said:

Indeed, it was all politics. The FA Cup has infinite more worth than that awful competition though so it's a shame the way it went down. I think FIFA realised it was terrible timing so they now play it mid December to avoid such incidences happening again.

I remember Fergie saying that they decided to withdraw because if we had drawn Leeds/Liverpool/Arsenal away, we'd be forced to play kids and he felt it would have killed their confidence when we would inevitable have been heavily beaten

1 minute ago, United Road said:

Indeed, it was all politics. The FA Cup has infinite more worth than that awful competition though so it's a shame the way it went down. I think FIFA realised it was terrible timing so they now play it mid December to avoid such incidences happening again.

I remember Fergie saying that they decided to withdraw because if we had drawn Leeds/Liverpool/Arsenal away, we'd be forced to play kids and he felt it would have killed their confidence when we would inevitable have been heavily beaten

We would have got Villa away (who beat the reserves 3-0 in the League Cup that season) but Darlington got them instead as they were the lucky team to be drawn out.