The Realist

The Longest Thread In MFF History.

3 hours ago, Harold said:

What a cunt of a day.....been a fucking eggshell atmosphere in the house all fucking day. Fucking whinging cow!!!

Women eh

9 hours ago, The Realist said:

What happens is, once a month their fanny packs up, and drains all the feckin common sense out of them.

That is a good way of explaining it. Ha

Just happened to mention to the missus that I fancy getting a two seater sofa for myself. For the past three years I've had a large armchair and she has a two seater sofa but I just fancy going back to a sofa for myself....so she says we'll have to get two because she'll need to get rid of her present one as we can't have two different ones...oh, and we'll have to get a new back sittingroom carpet also....Jeezo. So later this morning we're away out to have a look at sofas, something I hadn't intended.

3 minutes ago, Locke said:

Give her the chair and you have the sofa.

Good shout but she don't want it....she likes her sofa in case she wants a wee lie down.

17 minutes ago, Harold said:

Good shout but she don't want it....she likes her sofa in case she wants a wee lie down.

Get yourself a Lazy-Boy

44 minutes ago, Locke said:

Well two new sofas and a carpet  sounds like an expensive afternoon!

I've told her she's worth it....:yes:

I have a recliner but the missus hates it. They aren't the best quality either, bought them for 1400 I think a few years ago from sofology. 

I'm off to next in a bit to take apart a bed her sister has bought. Oh the fun. She leaves on Saturday morning so I can then chillout in my house again. 

3 hours ago, Harold said:

Tbh mate....I want to get away from a chair and back to a sofa.

Lazy Boy tops a sofa every time!

Sooooo............almost two grand later ( two 2 x seater leather sofas and a leather footstool) & that's before the carpet comes into the equation. Ah well, you can't take it with you.

7 hours ago, Harold said:

Just happened to mention to the missus that I fancy getting a two seater sofa for myself. For the past three years I've had a large armchair and she has a two seater sofa but I just fancy going back to a sofa for myself....so she says we'll have to get two because she'll need to get rid of her present one as we can't have two different ones...oh, and we'll have to get a new back sittingroom carpet also....Jeezo. So later this morning we're away out to have a look at sofas, something I hadn't intended.

Wallet basher that.

3 hours ago, Hairy Scot said:

Lazy Boy tops a sofa every time!

Love the La Z boy, tho we never went for the middle bit having the speakers and fridge, such a waste of a seat as i doubt once the novelty wore off, we would ever use it. Took the electric reclining option instead, also the fact that it comes with a 20 year guarantee, speaks volumes for the quality, and their own confidence in their product.

Wife decided we're having a clear out, partly upstairs in one of the bedrooms and the front vestibule between the front door and front sitting room where we have a large bookcase and other shit. Christ, the number of books we have is mind blowing and I've filled a large carrier bag to take over 20 books to a charity shop. Suppose everyone will be the same but what a pile of stuff is collected over the years. Then a storage basket from upstairs has also been emptied of books and stuff and has been brought downstairs and a storage box from downstairs is being dumped. This is all in preperation for the new sofas coming because we'll have to move my large armchair from the back sitting room to an upstairs bedroom....Aaaaargh!

Been to the public tip and got rid of that storage box I mentioned and also a king size duvet. Football and drinky poos shortly.

Am heading to bed, been a long day, having to pop back to JLR and all. got an early start tomorrow and wanna be fresh, for what is gonna be a memorable day, win or lose. COYB, SOTV.