Jump to content
The Realist

The Longest Thread In MFF History.

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, superally said:

Time to walk the dog and then head to bed. I really don't like early shift, up at 4am. worse tomorrow, I going Blues game.

4am, thats the morning watch for us matelots. :) 

8am -Midday - Forenoon

Midday - 4pm - Afternoon

4pm - 8pm - Dogs

8pm - midnight - First

midnight - 4am - Middle

You probably don't care though haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:58, boro_boy said:

4am, thats the morning watch for us matelots.  

8am -Midday - Forenoon

Midday - 4pm - Afternoon

4pm - 8pm - Dogs

8pm - midnight - First

midnight - 4am - Middle

You probably don't care though haha. 

Is that like navy slang for times of day??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, superally said:

Is that like navy slang for times of day??

Yeah, its like another language, there's a book call Jack Speak with all the words we use.

 


Reply below added 1 minute later

http://news.bbc.co.uk/today/hi/today/newsid_9600000/9600625.stm

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Jackspeak-Rick-Jolly/dp/1844861449

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah, its like another language, there's a book call Jack Speak with all the words we use.

 

I have a different view of those time slots, especially for the weekend

On ‎31‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:58, boro_boy said:

4am, thats me needing bed unless I got some recreational drugs.

8am -Midday -Shit & shower time, followed by breakfast, walk the dog to clear the cobwebs away, couple of pints.

Midday - 4pm -Feeling better, many more pints.

4pm - 8pm -Few more beers.

8pm - midnight -more beer, with a bit of food time squeezed in.

midnight - 4am -Last few beers, time to search for recreational drugs.

You probably don't care though haha. 

Fixed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When were at sea we work a 4 watch routine so its like this:

Watch One (On watch 0745-1145 then 1945-2345)

Watch Two (On watch 1145-1545 then 2345-0345)

Watch Three (On watch 1545-1945 then 0345-0745)

Watch Four all night in (no watch keeping when they come off at 0745 until the next day when they start at 0745.

When not on watch we work, normal working hours 0800 until 1600. But we often work out of ours when equipment breaks so some days are very long.

So this is why i'm loving being shore side at the moment. Just been extended up Scotland for another year so I won't be going to see until Jan 19 unless something changes which is probably likely. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, boro_boy said:

When were at sea we work a 4 watch routine so its like this:

Watch One (On watch 0745-1145 then 1945-2345)

Watch Two (On watch 1145-1545 then 2345-0345)

Watch Three (On watch 1545-1945 then 0345-0745)

Watch Four all night in (no watch keeping when they come off at 0745 until the next day when they start at 0745.

When not on watch we work, normal working hours 0800 until 1600. But we often work out of ours when equipment breaks so some days are very long.

So this is why i'm loving being shore side at the moment. Just been extended up Scotland for another year so I won't be going to see until Jan 19 unless something changes which is probably likely. 

Maybe you could take your boat out, and sink some of those migrant dinghies heading for our shores from Africa. your boat has big guns right??

 

Why waste the feckers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, superally said:

Maybe you could take your boat out, and sink some of those migrant dinghies heading for our shores from Africa. your boat has big guns right??

 

Why waste the feckers.

Some have big guns. But knowing the Navy we'd pick them up and drop them on in the UK, where a soft country like that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Some have big guns. But knowing the Navy we'd pick them up and drop them on in the UK, where a soft country like that. 

I was thinking more of just shooting the feckers with em.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, superally said:

I was thinking more of just shooting the feckers with em.

I'm not liking some immigrants coming over but I wouldn't kill innocent people for no reason!! Just send them back to where they come from. 


Reply below added 0 minutes later

I think its the Refugees who come over on the boats, not immigrants anyway!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I'm not liking some immigrants coming over but I wouldn't kill innocent people for no reason!! Just send them back to where they come from. 


Reply below added 0 minutes later

I think its the Refugees who come over on the boats, not immigrants anyway!

Does that apply to Negan? Can we send him back?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, redblood said:

Does that apply to Negan? Can we send him back?

haha, the place would be boring without him, what would we talk about :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I'm not liking some immigrants coming over but I wouldn't kill innocent people for no reason!! Just send them back to where they come from. 


Reply below added 0 minutes later

I think its the Refugees who come over on the boats, not immigrants anyway!

So how come they are always young black males, and never a woman or child to be seen?

Anyhow phuck taking chances, just take your boat out, and sink their dinghies, decent bit of target practice for ya too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, superally said:

So how come they are always young black males, and never a woman or child to be seen?

Anyhow phuck taking chances, just take your boat out, and sink their dinghies, decent bit of target practice for ya too.

They always have the latest phones too!! They are just pretend Refugees from the regions controlled by ISIS/ISIL  We are probably infiltrated with them now, these sleepers, sleeping ready to attack as soon as they get the call!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, boro_boy said:

They always have the latest phones too!! They are just pretend Refugees from the regions controlled by ISIS/ISIL  We are probably infiltrated with them now, these sleepers, sleeping ready to attack as soon as they get the call!

Can I borrow your boat then? bit of DIY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, superally said:

Can I borrow your boat then? bit of DIY.

Its not my boat haha, i'm not on a ship at the moment so I don't have a boat!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, redblood said:

Does that apply to Negan? Can we send him back?

 

5 hours ago, boro_boy said:

haha, the place would be boring without him, what would we talk about  

Nobody to laugh at too.  As the old saying goes every village has an idiot, Every forum has to have one too, without Negan we would be missing that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Negan said:

A bit like the cops in America.

Just shoot em.


Reply below added 1 minute later

Ho ho ho Mr Tough Guy.

At least I pay my council tax.

Your choice little man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Members Online Now

    No members to show

  • Sign Up

    Join My Football Forum

  • FA Cup   8 members have voted

    You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Popular Contributors

  • Forum Statistics

    • Total Topics
      2,879
    • Total Posts
      19,942
×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.