• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

United Road

Euro 2016 favourites?

Has to be France for me. They have some serious quality in their squad: Lloris, Koscielny, Varane, Evra, Pogba, Matuidi, Griezmann, Martial, Payet and then a very decent group in Schneiderlin, Kante, Giroud, Coman, Mathieu, Sagna.

Obvious home advantage too. Or will this be another tournament with dressing room unrest?

Germany have somewhat struggled since winning the World Cup with a few of their reliable performers ageing or retiring (Lahm, Bastian, Klose). Will be interesting to see if their squad is fully fit (Gotze, Boateng, Reus all struggle with injuries). Spain have also struggled since their old guard retired but are always an amazing team. 

I'm rooting for NI and England. 

Germany to win it. 

On 25 March 2016 at 7:41 PM, YIDDO said:

Play the Spurs boys and we'll walk it. :ph34r:

Take that to the bank.

37 minutes ago, YIDDO said:

Take that to the bank.

Neville mentioned a while ago that Pochettino has instilled a hunger and a winning mentality in the Spurs boys and that was evident tonight. 

For years England have needed pace, energy and tactical awareness. Where better to look than Spurs atm (and Leicester if Vardy starts which he should).

Our defence isn't very strong though so I don't think we can go much further than the quarters

20 minutes ago, United Road said:

Neville mentioned a while ago that Pochettino has instilled a hunger and a winning mentality in the Spurs boys and that was evident tonight. 

For years England have needed pace, energy and tactical awareness. Where better to look than Spurs atm (and Leicester if Vardy starts which he should).

Our defence isn't very strong though so I don't think we can go much further than the quarters

Pochettino has been the club manager of 11 of the last 19 England debutants and they all turn up with that hunger that has been drilled into them at club level. Even if I didn't support Spurs that game would have been incredibly pleasing. But because I am, it was that much sweeter tonight.

Butland was naive tonight.

The only negative for me tonight. 

13 minutes ago, St Andrew said:

Wasn't really paying attention to the first half but he'll be very good in the future. For now, Hart is far away our best keeper

2 minutes ago, United Road said:

Wasn't really paying attention to the first half but he'll be very good in the future. For now, Hart is far away our best keeper

Butland has been far better this season than Hart.

5 minutes ago, superally said:

It's hard to tell with keepers as teams like Stoke give away so many more chances than City so he'll obviously have more saves to make. Like everyone was saying how good Mignolet was at Sunderland when he's actually shite. I like Butland but would personally feel more confident with Hart

3 minutes ago, United Road said:

It's hard to tell with keepers as teams like Stoke give away so many more chances than City so he'll obviously have more saves to make. Like everyone was saying how good Mignolet was at Sunderland when he's actually shite. I like Butland but would personally feel more confident with Hart

Hart has dropped a lot more bolox than Butland this season, And he has had less opportunities to do so.I also dont like the arrogance of Joe Hart, He think's he is a lot better than he really is.Blames everybody but himself, when he fecks things up.

1 minute ago, superally said:

Hart has dropped a lot more bolox than Butland this season, And he has had less opportunities to do so.I also dont like the arrogance of Joe Hart, He think's he is a lot better than he really is.Blames everybody but himself, when he fecks things up.

Fair, I haven't paid much attention to them this season. He always has a worldie in the CL (Dortmund, Barca x2). He's certainly arrogant though, that's why Pirlo wanted to embarrass him in the Euros shootout

On 25 March 2016 at 11:20 PM, St Andrew said:

On 25 March 2016 at 11:37 PM, superally said:

Fractured his ankle and likely to miss the Euro's. Absolutely gutted for the lad.