The Realist

Curry!

Admin

I love chicken  korma and chicken tikka.  With mango chutney.  Divs. 

8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I love chicken  korma and chicken tikka.  With mango chutney.  Divs. 

Not a fan of Korma, Tho chicken tikka massala, takes some beating. Prefer chappati to naan bread, Mushroom fried rice, and a few poppadoms. Mango chutney dip. Favourite is a Chicken Pathia. Best restaurant, Manzils. Manzils is non negotiable. First Indian restaurant in Brum, Going 50 years.http://www.manzils.co.uk/

Admin

I don't really like hot currys,  never had a vindaloo or anything like that.  I prefer flavour to heat.

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I don't really like hot currys,  never had a vindaloo or anything like that.  I prefer flavour to heat.

A good Indian can make it hot and tasty, Tho i dont like real hot one's. I am actually surprised you got any curry houses up there. I thought when they landed and saw the place, They would have thought fuck this, And headed off south again.

Admin

We have a few, more pizza places than anything else.  Look this curry thread is "hot"  lol 

Screenshot_20160328-223035.png

Shame you dont have Big John's up there. their pizzas, beat the shit out of dominoes pizza hut, caspian etc. Lot cheaper too. They are a local takeaway chain, tho slowly expanding. The kebab,s pizza, pakora, chciken and a few other things are really nice, fish chips, and the rest, not so good.

Admin

Yeah you told me about them a few weeks back. I'm off to Italy in August so i'll be some proper pizzas then :) 

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah you told me about them a few weeks back. I'm off to Italy in August so i'll be some proper pizzas then :) 

The way the Portuguese cook chicken, is beyond description. It's on a different level. Kind of fucked me up a bit tho, As after eating periperi there, I cant do the shite we serve up in the UK, Tho there's isnt as hot, it's spicy and twice as tasty. One of thing's i love abroad is the different food's. Years ago we were in Limassol, and came home 3 days early, just so that we could eat. how they feck they live over there on the shite that they eat, is beyond me. Everything had a feckin stick thru it. couldnt get a proper kebab tho. Awful.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.