New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
The Realist

Curry!

sa, almost lives on curry. There's a perception the Brummies live on curry, really hot ones. I kind of fit that image. Just curious at to what your favourite is.

8 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I love chicken  korma and chicken tikka.  With mango chutney.  Divs. 

Not a fan of Korma, Tho chicken tikka massala, takes some beating. Prefer chappati to naan bread, Mushroom fried rice, and a few poppadoms. Mango chutney dip. Favourite is a Chicken Pathia. Best restaurant, Manzils. Manzils is non negotiable. First Indian restaurant in Brum, Going 50 years.http://www.manzils.co.uk/

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I don't really like hot currys,  never had a vindaloo or anything like that.  I prefer flavour to heat.

A good Indian can make it hot and tasty, Tho i dont like real hot one's. I am actually surprised you got any curry houses up there. I thought when they landed and saw the place, They would have thought fuck this, And headed off south again.

Shame you dont have Big John's up there. their pizzas, beat the shit out of dominoes pizza hut, caspian etc. Lot cheaper too. They are a local takeaway chain, tho slowly expanding. The kebab,s pizza, pakora, chciken and a few other things are really nice, fish chips, and the rest, not so good.

5 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah you told me about them a few weeks back. I'm off to Italy in August so i'll be some proper pizzas then :) 

The way the Portuguese cook chicken, is beyond description. It's on a different level. Kind of fucked me up a bit tho, As after eating periperi there, I cant do the shite we serve up in the UK, Tho there's isnt as hot, it's spicy and twice as tasty. One of thing's i love abroad is the different food's. Years ago we were in Limassol, and came home 3 days early, just so that we could eat. how they feck they live over there on the shite that they eat, is beyond me. Everything had a feckin stick thru it. couldnt get a proper kebab tho. Awful.