United Road

Mourinho rejects new job offer

Heavily courted by Manchester United in their bid to return to the pinnacle of World football, Mourinho has officially acknowledged that he was "honoured" but chose to reject a fascinating job opportunity. Not by United or any other European heavyweight, but by the Syrian National Team!

Phew! He might still be heading here after all!

19 minutes ago, United Road said:

Heavily courted by Manchester United in their bid to return to the pinnacle of World football, Mourinho has officially acknowledged that he was "honoured" but chose to reject a fascinating job opportunity. Not by United or any other European heavyweight, but by the Syrian National Team!

Phew! He might still be heading here after all!

This is Syria were talking about here. If he took the job, Some ISIS fecker would behead him, for not having the correct beard. So I doubt he turned that one down, Awaiting a call from Old Trafford.

Also have never saw United as the pinnacle of world football, Maybe the English mhedia, and Sky put it across, Real Madrid, Barcelona,1 or 2 other's. Are ahead of UTD.

18 minutes ago, superally said:

This is Syria were talking about here. If he took the job, Some ISIS fecker would behead him, for not having the correct beard. So I doubt he turned that one down, Awaiting a call from Old Trafford.

Also have never saw United as the pinnacle of world football, Maybe the English mhedia, and Sky put it across, Real Madrid, Barcelona,1 or 2 other's. Are ahead of UTD.

I was being facetious... Add to the fact that he's clearly better than Syria's level...

Well we are one of the most supported and richest teams in the world. In footballing terms, in Fergie's day we were certainly up there. Obviously not right now. 3 Champions League finals and 4 league titles in 5 years 06-11), especially for an English club is being at the pinnacle I'd say

2 minutes ago, United Road said:

I was being facetious... Add to the fact that he's clearly better than Syria's level...

Well we are one of the most supported and richest teams in the world. In footballing terms, in Fergie's day we were certainly up there. Obviously not right now. 3 Champions League finals and 4 league titles in 5 years 06-11), especially for an English club is being at the pinnacle I'd say

Barca have 4 CL wins, and how many league titles, since-2006? Including totally destroying UTD, in one of those finals. UTD, have been way ahead in England, For the majority of the SAF, era. Great club, Not the best tho, never have been, never will be.

3 minutes ago, superally said:

Barca have 4 CL wins, and how many league titles, since-2006? Including totally destroying UTD, in one of those finals. UTD, have been way ahead in England, For the majority of the SAF, era. Great club, Not the best tho, never have been, never will be.

Barca are a different beast, one of the greatest teams of all time, don't see anybody matching them, not until Messi retires at least. If we're talking pinnacle as the top group of clubs then we definitely were, along with Bayern, Barca, maybe Real (who have won fuck all despite spending billions).

My point being anyway that I reckon Mourinho would take us back to near the top. At the moment there's a whole host of clubs above us and United will need to address that 

4 minutes ago, United Road said:

My point being anyway that I reckon Mourinho would take us back to near the top. At the moment there's a whole host of clubs above us and United will need to address that 

I think your glory days ended when SAF retired, Liverpool, had a long period of domination, With a better European return than UTD, their tima has passed, been on the fringes for years, As have Arsenal, Also other great teams of the past, Forest, Leeds, Everton in the 80's. UTD, will still have success, They will never be totally dominant tho, as they have been since the early 90's. 

1 hour ago, superally said:

They will never be totally dominant tho, as they have been since the early 90's. 

Have to agree. SAF was a genius and that won't be replicated ever. The league is too competitive and the gap between the big and the small is closing every year. It's only a matter of time before someone else does a Leicester

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11820/10249435/jose-mourinho-approached-to-take-over-at-paris-st-germain-say-sky-sources

Skysports stoking up a rumour that he might go to PSG. I'm hoping...praying...that it's just a 'leak' by Mendes to get Utd to pull their bloody finger out and sign a deal. If we let him slip and stick with LVG or Giggs, I'm done

Not worried about the fact Mourinho doesn't use young players and generally burns his squad out within 2 years everywhere he goes?

8 minutes ago, YIDDO said:

Not worried about the fact Mourinho doesn't use young players and generally burns his squad out within 2 years everywhere he goes?

The way things are right now, we need anything to get back in the mix of challenging from trophies and he can do that within a couple of years. I think he'll be aware of the youth tradition at United and he will be asked to prove he can continue that if hired. There would be less pressure on him to get immediate success here than at Chelsea or Madrid as well. The likes of Varela, Borthwick-Jackson, Pereira, Januzaj, Rashford, Fosu-Mensah are good enough to get regular games, while you look at Chelsea who haven't produced anybody since Terry, that says more about the quality of their youth/club culture than Mourinho imo

I had to have a little chuckle to myself when I saw the odds for him to become next Everton manager (6/1). Someone must've been on the whiskey when they wrote that :D