New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
The Realist

It's A Long Long Road

Got into work today, done the brief etc, Being Friday, an hour or so into the shift, I started to picture that freshly poured pint, On the bar waiting to be enjoyed, anyhow typical Friday, when i on early finish, constant shit, arises that needs to be dealt with. Now 3 hours into shift, That pint at the end of the road still seemed just as far away, The road seemed just as long as it did 3 hours before, No matter how many steps i had taken, It just didnt get any nearer.Time was dragging painfully, Then i did what any half decent Boss should do, I went round the lads saying,(meaning snarling &snapping) you can dig in smash it, and get home, Or be here til 8-30pm, Your call? the work queue quickly went down, The road got smaller.I tasted that freshly poured pint, around 5-15 pm, The workers, Those that never came the pub, (which was 90% as they had playstations to go home to)Some went home to their family All were all happy. When i went around snapping and snarling, I was the biggest bastard on the planet. When they got to leave over 3 hours early (with pay) I was a feckin legend, and a hero. funny how opinions change so quickly.

kronen.jpg

Sounds just like football fans, fickle as fuck!!

They do this in the Navy, dig out, work hard all morning and afternoon and you can go home Thursday night rather than Friday @ midday which is a cunt with traffic. But we fall for it everytime and we alwasy enf up finishing later than everyone else on the Friday which is 80% probable. But sometimes its even worse and we do have to finish work on the friday at midday!!! Knightmare!! I have to work next friday, I just hope I get back to Middlesbrough to watch the game, unless you have a ticket for me Superally :):) 

30 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Sounds just like football fans, fickle as fuck!!

They do this in the Navy, dig out, work hard all morning and afternoon and you can go home Thursday night rather than Friday @ midday which is a cunt with traffic. But we fall for it everytime and we alwasy enf up finishing later than everyone else on the Friday which is 80% probable. But sometimes its even worse and we do have to finish work on the friday at midday!!! Knightmare!! I have to work next friday, I just hope I get back to Middlesbrough to watch the game, unless you have a ticket for me Superally :):) 

I could probs sort you a ticket. It would be a freebie, Tho i wold have to charge a £2-50 handling fee. so if you wnat a ticket for £2-50, pm me.