boro_boy

23rd June - Our Independence Day!

EU Referrendum  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Keep discussion calm, respectful and mature. We understand that this is a highly-heated and controversial topic, but continued personal insults and attacks are not tolerated.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How are you voting?

I'm 100% voting LEAVE. I have yet to meed anyone who wants to remain yet apparently the Remain campaign is 10 points ahead of Brexit (I hate that word). This must be a rigged poll ready for the rigged election. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-poll-puts-remain-nearly-10-per-cent-ahead-of-brexit-camp-a6990426.html

There is also a a media blackout of the crises's in the EU at the moment:

Its an absolute JOKE, Mr Cameron is a CUNT, I hate that man so much!!!!!

Here's a good video for you to watch:

Edited by United Road

But surly the general public are not that stupid enough to believe this garbage as he's a proven lair and he's so desperate!

18 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

I imagine most of our Scotch friends will vote to stay.

We need to ditch them, shame they didn't leave before!

44 minutes ago, Hh7 said:

A campaign of tall story's and half truth's from both sides. Almost as petty and pathetic as T.Shelby (Ok, not quite). Just one big project fear. I'll vote remain though, we are better off in the EU and hopefully work harder to reform it.

I think its more of a personal agenda between Dave and Boris! 

They both need to stop lying and star telling the truth!

8 hours ago, Hh7 said:

A campaign of tall story's and half truth's from both sides. Almost as petty and pathetic as T.Shelby (Ok, not quite). Just one big project fear. I'll vote remain though, we are better off in the EU and hopefully work harder to reform it.

I dont see how an unelected, free from questioning organisation can be a good thing. They are accountable to nothing. It is written that they cant be questioned or challenged, By legal or any other means.

This seems to me like the kind of dictatorship, We fought world wars against. It is so un democratic, it is shocking. Also the EU regulations, put more barriers in the way of free trade than they do to help it. Ask our fisherman, who cant fish British waters, Whilst other EU nations can, Ask Tate & Lyle about how regulations affect them, This is not even the tip of the iceberg. The WTO, is the better option. Europe is the only alliance/continent, that isnt prospering. Switzerland, who refuse to join the EU, are the richest nation. why is that? Maybe it is something to do with the fact that they still believe the people are the real power. HH, you may be happy with a bunch of toffs whose only interest is self interest, Telling you that you cannot speak or are not clever enough to think for yourself. I for one, am not happy with it.

On 5/21/2016 at 6:42 AM, superally said:

I can honestly say, I have not come across 1 single person who doesnt want out.

And I haven't come across anyone who doesn't want to stay. It's somewhat dependent on where you're from I guess

37 minutes ago, United Road said:

And I haven't come across anyone who doesn't want to stay. It's somewhat dependent on where you're from I guess

Yeah I guess it is, maybe the people you work with and live next to, have the same feelings on this. 

1 minute ago, boro_boy said:

Yeah I guess it is, maybe the people you work with and live next to, have the same feelings on this. 

Not sure how popular STAY is around me in general apart from a few friends, but politics is always influenced by your community, we see areas that are typically right or left and that affects how you see the world. Where I'm living now is very young and student-based area who are largely liberal, while the minority (locals) mostly vote shite like UKIP. Bigger cities are generally more left than smaller villages who prefer 'traditional and old-fashioned' views. Just my twocents of course :)

I heard the over 50's are more than likely going to vote Leave, thats a lot of people. Its always going to be close. The young people are more likely to vote Stay. 

1 hour ago, boro_boy said:

I heard the over 50's are more than likely going to vote Leave, thats a lot of people. Its always going to be close. The young people are more likely to vote Stay. 

Could this possibly be because, They are old enough to have lived through the damage the EU, has done to the UK, Rather than believe a totally media biased opinion?

Remembering when our government, Could have saved the Scottish Steel industry and ship building? EU regulations prevented the option of government support. Same happening now in Port Talbot. The coal mines. so many other thing's.. Food mountains, Anybody remember them?? all the stuff destroyed, to up the prices? Butter mountain. What the EU has done with its corrupt regulations to British industry bheggars belief. I suggest a bit of research, Rather than listening to common mhedia opinon. When have the press and politicians ever told the truth?

Proper research ( i mean in depth time consuming type research) Will show that Scotland has probably suffered more than most nations because of the EU. I understand Scots wanting independence. Sadly they are misguided in the way they want it tho. Scotland doesnt need to be free from England, It needs to be free from the EU, and its regulations. As does the UK, as a whole.

A look at countries in Europe, that have not joined the EU, and how successful they are., Proves everything. EU, and the EURO, crippled Ireland. I am not a lover of Ireland, Tho i am sensible enough to see, the damage the EU has done to that country. A hell of a lot of what Ireland has to offer, Has been stifled by EU regulations.They have great fishing, & farming, Which in  reality to us on the mainland, And Ireland ,Could offer us cheaper, And a damn site fresher, better tasting food, Than the stuff we pay over inflated prices for, To be imported from New Zealand etc. These type of regulations, literally brought Ireland to its knees, Britain bailed them out to the tune of £18 billion. Doubt they would have needed that, If they had totally free trade. A lot of Europe/World, would buy what Ireland has to offer. EU regulations do not  permit it tho. Instead opting to throw endless money, At inefficient French/Spanish/Italian farmers.Sadly the Irish like us cant enjoy the taste of that just out of the sea fresh piece of cod, Because the EU regulations prevent from fishing own waters, Instead having to pay over the top prices, To sit in a nice Irish restaurant, with a lovely sea view, Eating Cod imported from Denmark/Norway, Or some other EU country. Me personally, I do not think that is right. Also feel sad for the deluded fuckers, who say, The best fish & chips are at the seaside.

3 hours ago, United Road said:

Well you do come across  at times, Like one of those left wing fecking loonies, The type who have fucked our nation right up. I can only assume you hang around with similar type people. Either this, Or you are very young and stupid.And hang around with similar.

Just a thought. we have many inches of rain, every year in the UK. In Egypt, they average around 15mm. Yet Egypt has never had a hosepipe ban. Just curious as to how this could be.

4 hours ago, Hh7 said:

http://www.newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2016/05/brexit-would-jeopardise-rights-working-women

The quote below from the above is another reason for me to lean towards 'Remain'.

"Think about how a Boris Johnson led Tory government – outside of Europe, on the fringes of global influence and under increasing pressure from UKIP to withdraw even further from the modern world – would attack your working conditions."

For me the reality is, Tho we beat them in 2 wars. In a few years time, Via the EU, Germany will rule Europe indirectly of course, It will tho.

After the first world war, Britain started introducing so many regulations, About literally everything. This in turn turned the richest most prosperous nation in the world, Into a deep recession, We dont have much of a manufacturing industry anymore, so much of our landscape, is warehouses, not factories. Germany went the other way after the 2nd world war, Scrapping all the regulations, that prohibit growth, In a period of 20 years, They went from a nation that resembled a glass top coffee table, Literally flattened, and bombed silly, Into One of the most prosperous nation,s. The EU, has slowed them down a lot, They literally control that tho now.

Voting out, Getting free of the shackles of their regulations, Negotiating our own trade deals, Regaining our seat at the WTO. If we vote leave, Many other nations will follow. Which i suspect made lead to a complete, Democratic, restructure of everything EEC related. The EEC, is now not what it was intended to be. It has become, an overpowered, undemocratic, unaccountable monster, Whose main interest isnt growth and stability in Europe, It is toffs with self interest being the priority. Europe is the most stagnant, Unprosperous, continent. The reasson for that is the EEC.

1427 regulations just for a pillow, over 700 for a bedsheet., 240, for a simple clothes iron. Check out the facts, Does a simple brolly really need over 150 regulations?? Or are they merely in place to stifle competition to benefit the few??

8 hours ago, Hh7 said:

Why go back to the end of WW1? The manufacturing rot set in under Thatcher. And after WW2 it wasn't the Germans who scrapped regulations. It was the Americans under the Marshall plan because Germany and much of Western Europe was a basket case after getting fucked by the most destructive war in history. Funny that eh, a foreign power calling the shots. The UK did best out of that deal too. But needed it because of the war debt they racked up. Anyway what relevance this has to the current situation with the EU referendum I don't know.

It set in way before Maggie. she just fucked up, everything decent we had left, Privatising everything, for the benefit of her Tory buddies. I hope that woman is still suffering now, In the hell she is in.

I don't know who wrote this ..but if your sitting on the fence and not sure how to vote please read this thank you .....

Dont know who wrote this but its absolutely spot on. 

I'm not into politics, and I dont pretend I know whats going on, politically, half the time, but, I know whats right and whats wrong, and I think I'm pretty good at judging people.
I always voted Labour, because that was the thing to do, living in the North East.
My dad was North East secretary for the Transport and General Workers Union, and the Shop Steward for the TGW at Tees Dock, where he worked.
He was staunch Labour, and if they were good enough for him, they were good enough for me.

Years passed, my dad died, and I carried on voting Labour, UNTIL Tony Blair became the leader.
Never trusted him. He was Smarmy, and definately not representative of the working classes he was supposed to represent.
Then we got Gordon Brown, then Milliband. All cut from the same cloth. Now we have Corbyn, a joke of a man who refuses to sing the national anthem, but wants to serve in her majestys government.
Since Blair, I never voted Labour again. Actually, I never voted at all. Could never vote for the Tories or LibDems. Could never trust a Tory and the other mob were just making up the numbers, but had no real policies because they themselves, never actually believed they'd get in, but were too busy trying to satisfy everybody.

I, like the rest of the country, just plodded on, whoever was running the country. I never benefitted from them, even under Labour, who were supposed to look after me.

Now this referendum has come up. I remember when we went into the EU, sort of. We had to do a project at school about it. Back then, there were 7 (or 9) countries in it.... and thats as much notice as I took.

Now, we are being told we are better off staying in. If we leave, jobs will be lost. House prices will fall. Inflation will rise. The country will be at risk from attack etc etc etc.

This is where all the previous stuff I wrote is heading.....

Since joining the EU in 1973, the Dock Labour scheme has been scrapped (this would have guaranteed me a job when I was 21, on fantastic wages)
The docks were privatised, and the dockers are on just above minimum wage.

The whole of the British coal industry has gone.

Nearly all of the shipbuilding has gone.
ICI has gone, sold off to Americans (who ran it into the ground and laid off thousands)

British Steel has gone. Sold off to far eastern companies. Again, thousands laid off year after year until there wasnt the workforce to make it viable.

All our power companies, and possibly the water companies as well, are foreign owned (Even British Gas)

Coachworks, that build our trains in Derby and York, have had to close or lay thousands off, because our governments gave the work to foreign coach builders (they said they had to put it out to tender. EU rules.

We are now living in a country were no job is secure. 
Workers rights dont exist (dont believe the governments spiel about we are better off in the EU to protect our workers rights).
If you want to claim unfair dismissal nowadays, you need to have worked at that company for 2 years (unless you are claiming for discrimination).

There are more people working through agencies now than ever before, and, whereas in the past, agency workers were on good money, they aren't anymore.
Agencies are killing the economy. You cant get a mortgage, a bank loan, a car or credit to buy goods, if you work through an agency.

Zero hours contracts ! Where did these appear from ? Where were the EU workers rights that day ?
Why are they still being allowed to be used, and why are the government allowed to sanction people who refuse to take these jobs ?

Housing. 
Young couples cant afford mortgages nowadays, unless they are both in well paid, secure jobs (as secure as jobs can be nowadays)
God help those living down south. Prices are bad enough in the north.
Those with money, like investors, businessmen etc, will buy these cheaper house and make a killing when the prices go back up (which they will)

Inflation will rise.
Thats why its called inflation.
I have recently found out the EU control what price we pay for petrol.

Our National Security is at risk outside of the EU.

Really !!!! European countries opened their borders to thousands, if not millions of migrants, allowing them to pass through wherever they wanted to go, unchecked.
We are more at risk being part of the EU than we'll ever be if we leave. We will still have the back up of NATO, should we ever need it (they'll need us more than we'll need them) as we will still be part of Europe.

Lets also not forget, that the EU banned punishment in schools. Ive always said, since that happened, we, as a country, have gone downhill. Kids now have no respect for teachers, for the police, for their elders. They are practically feral.
National service should be brought back, to at least give them a chance in life.

The European Court Of Human Rights.
Oh yeah. This is the court that lets hate preachers, foreign criminals, rapists, muderers and paedophiles waste our money by us wanting to deport them, and they say, no, you cant. The accused has a cat that wont be looked after if hes deported. It would be laughable if it wasnt so serious.

The NHS. The jewel in the UK's crown. Being run into the ground by successive governments, in order for it to be no longer cost effective, so that it can be sold off to the private sector.
Currently bursting at the seams, because the whole world wants a piece of it. Why suffer when you can come over here and be treated for free, even though you have never contributed a penny towards it.

I know everyone has their own mind, and will vote however they want, but I just hope the majority of this country see sense on referendum day, and do the right thing for past, present and future generations.
We managed well enough before we joined, and we'll manage well enough if we leave.
Rant Over