boro_boy

Can people please stop with this bullshit or lighting candles and buildings up

First it was the French, fair enough that was different. Then it was the french again, buildings across the world showing their support to the people killed, people doing rituals in the streets, hundreds of people together remembering the dead #prayforparis. Now we have the gay club where 49 people have died, and across the world people are lighting candles and having mass events to remember the dead, with signs such as "Russia Loves USA" and other meaningless slogans! Yeah it shows unity, but its not going stop the next attack, and there will be one, and more after the next one too. 

Is it just me who feels embarrassed for the people attending these mass events, its like the fashionable thing to do at the moment. 

Don't get me wrong, I think these shootings and the ones that went on in Paris are terrible and should be stopped but FFS we don't need the hours of news coverage of people lighting candles or photos of Sydney Harbour Bridge the colours of the rainbow. Its fucking doing my head in.

38 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

It isn't about you BB.

It is about the victims and their loved ones/families.

If it makes them feel better then leave them be. 

Indeed, it's a harmless show of support and respect for those who've passed

Once again the world mourns the victims of yet another Isis attack & once again the world holds vigils in condemnation of another Islamic state atrocity & once again it's too little too late!
Vigils, prayers & holding candles aloft En masse don't bring people back from the dead & we need to open our eyes to the reality that prevention is better than cure!
They won't stop the killing & we'll just keep on burying the dead until some one with the balls in authority says "fuck this for a game of soldiers lets just get rid"

46 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Like Donald Trump...

He's the man. America first, Fuck everything else. Putin is the same with Russia. We have politically correct spineless wankers, running us. Cameron has a self contained flat, Up Obama's arse i reckon.

Looks like its just me who gets wound up my these mass solidarity events!!! :) 

Did anyone light up their buildings in the IRAQ flag colour for this?

Baghdad attacks: at least 69 killed in suicide attacks and car bombings in Iraq capital

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/baghdad-attacks-market-blast-car-suicide-bombing-in-iraq-capital-isis-victims-a7033436.html

Probably not, as their lives are not valued as much as the western world. lol

42 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

Probably not, as their lives are not valued as much as the western world. lol

Most likely because 1) that sort of thing happens so frequently over there that we're desensitised to it, 2) it's a warzone and has been for over a decade and 3) We have little to nothing in common with their culture compared to the USA, France or Belgium so don't feel the effect.

53 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Myself and The Mrs are moving to america in 18 months time.

Gotta hate those immigrants B)

3 minutes ago, United Road said:

Most likely because 1) that sort of thing happens so frequently over there that we're desensitised to it, 2) it's a warzone and has been for over a decade and 3) We have little to nothing in common with their culture compared to the USA, France or Belgium so don't feel the effect.

Gotta hate those immigrants B)

Yeah thats fair enough, i'm just bored of it. I don't know why it grinds my shit. I just watch people looking sad, when it probably don't concern them at all, buying flowers and leavings notes on them. 

Maybe i'm just an old grumpy cunt!!!

When we change our way of politically correct thinking from using phrases like- THAT OFFENDS ME, And turn it in to what it really means which is- I DISAGREE WITH YOU, We may have a way forward. Until then, this mass apathy is going to continue. It's all gotten a bit silly, Suppose i don't like a gay bloke down the pub, People will say i dont like him just because he's gay, Well maybe i dont know he's gay, And i dont like him cos he's an absolute cunt.

I blame the scousers anyhow, They started all this wearing black armbands for anything and everything.

3 minutes ago, superally said:

When we change our way of politically correct thinking from using phrases like- THAT OFFENDS ME, And turn it in to what it really means which is- I DISAGREE WITH YOU, We may have a way forward. Until then, this mass apathy is going to continue. It's all gotten a bit silly, Suppose i don't like a gay bloke down the pub, People will say i dont like him just because he's gay, Well maybe i dont know he's gay, And i dont like him cos he's an absolute cunt.

I blame the scousers anyhow, They started all this wearing black armbands for anything and everything.

The most hard done by people in the world haha!

5 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

I wonder if they had a light show at Ceptic Park after you  twatted that guy over head with a tin of pineapple chunks in Sainsbury's?

It sounded like a completely unprovoked attack.

A celtic shirt, is provocation. No excuse for them, outside of Glasgow's shanty town's, aids clinic, rehab centre,  dole queues. They have no business in sainsbury's other than shoplifting.

1 hour ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Myself and The Mrs are moving to america in 18 months time.

Just north of Pittsburgh.

Buying a huge double wide on 2 acres of land by Raccoon Creek State Park.

sp-raccooncreek-orggroupcamp (Resize-350-wide) (1).jpg

Looks like my  garden shed at my last house in Little Aston.

Just now, Thomas Shelby said:

Little Aston ain't Raccoon Creek State Park though chap.

Our nearest neighbour will be half a mile away.

Suits me fine.

Suits them more.

It just seems people who have nothing to do with the people that die turn up to these crying.  It's like they feed of mourning and bad times.  

But each to their own,  I'd never stop them  I'd just never get. Involved with any.  

19 hours ago, Hh7 said:

Vigils aren't meant to bring anyone back. They are acts of remembrance. I'd sooner that than no cunt giving a shit.

What do you mean by 'lets just get rid'?

The Islamist extremists, Who are destabilising the world.