The Realist

TV Licence Search Warrants. Shocking Truth.

Finally, after years of hiding behind a cloak of secrecy, the BBC has inadvertently released the true number of TV Licensing search warrant applications.

That number, just as we suspected all along, is infinitesimally small, with less than 200 search warrants being granted by courts across the UK in 2014/15.

To put that value into some sort of context, there are around 1.5 million properties across the land that do not currently have a valid TV licence.

London, a city with a population bordering 9 million people, saw only 2 search warrants granted to TV Licensing in 2014/15. In Scotland there were no TV Licensing search warrants granted in the same year.

You can view a summary of the BBC’s search warrant secrets here

For decades the BBC has been maintaining the pretence of a far-reaching and effective enforcement regime, but these figures clearly demonstrate that TV Licensing’s ultimate weapon – the ability to search the properties of suspected TV licence evaders – is barely used.

In the rare instances that TV Licensing does make an application to the court, it appears a warrant is only granted around 60 percent of the time.

This information came to light when the BBC made the embarrassing blunder of failing to redact a Freedom of Information disclosure document correctly.

The original request, made by BBC truth-seeker Nathan Gregory, can be viewed here

The BBC has been making desperate attempts to have the offending disclosure document removed, but their secrets are now well and truly out in the open. There is no way this genie will be forced back into the bottle.

So the next time you receive a threatogram from TV Licensing, just remember that they’re all bark and very little bite.

I still get their threats about once a month, goes straight in the recycling :) Even if I had money to burn, I still wouldn't pay it

6 hours ago, United Road said:

I still get their threats about once a month, goes straight in the recycling :) Even if I had money to burn, I still wouldn't pay it

Thats the way to go fella. Tho i still think you should send a Notice of removal of implied rights of access.

Admin
16 hours ago, superally said:

Thats the way to go fella. Tho i still think you should send a Notice of removal of implied rights of access.

This just seems like too much work to me. I watch live TV and I don't actually mind paying the £12.12 each month.

I agree we should have a choice but I prefer things being on the BBC rather than ITV as I hate the adverts. But saying that, I record everything during the week at watch it on the weekend, even on the weekends if there is something on when I'm home, i'd rather record it and watch it half way through which still allows me to skip the adverts!!

The hassle of people coming to your door or the endless amounts of letters would do my head in, i'd rather just pay.

5 hours ago, boro_boy said:

This just seems like too much work to me. I watch live TV and I don't actually mind paying the £12.12 each month.

I agree we should have a choice but I prefer things being on the BBC rather than ITV as I hate the adverts. But saying that, I record everything during the week at watch it on the weekend, even on the weekends if there is something on when I'm home, i'd rather record it and watch it half way through which still allows me to skip the adverts!!

The hassle of people coming to your door or the endless amounts of letters would do my head in, i'd rather just pay.

Another lazy fecker, Bowing to the big corporations. It's 1 letter, A template that can be c&p,d and sent via e-mail. The BBC, has for years been lying bullying, and threatening people, Which they still do via capita. also the mass child abuse cover up's, and paedophile ring. I hate it with a passion, I would much rather pay a fine or do a week or 2 inside, Than give those fecker's a penny. Also some of the  people who knew about their antic's and tried to make noises about, Well Mike Smith, Jill Dando, Paula Yates, Michael Hutchence, To name but a few, All died in mysterious circumstances.