• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

boro_boy

Wayne Rooney: England captain to quit internationals after 2018 World Cup

Admin

He should quit now he's lost it!

About time really. Not that we have much talent to replace him. He's been pretty bad for us again this season but still has 3 assists and a goal in 4 games so he should still be able to contribute something over the qualifiers. 

Dont understand the Rooney hate thing. Also don't the salary Rooney is on. Overall tho, He has been good. Just get his salary out of your head. I think that is what causes the Rooney hating.

10 hours ago, superally said:

Dont understand the Rooney hate thing. Also don't the salary Rooney is on. Overall tho, He has been good. Just get his salary out of your head. I think that is what causes the Rooney hating.

I can only speak from a United perspective as I don't see any reason to hate Rooney for his England career. I'm sure neutrals have their reasons with his private life allegations and on the field attitude (mainly in his earlier days) etc.

Twice he's used the club for a contract rise, putting in transfer requests and making a scene. The episode in 2010 still sticks in a lot of Utd fans' minds and puts a stain on how we determine him as a possible legend. At those points we were always a much better team when he played so we were quite desperate to keep him and give in to his demands. Now he's stuck on a colossal salary and has seemingly had special privileges (LVG said as much) meaning he never gets dropped, no matter how bad he plays (which has been Sunday League standard at times since Fergie retired). Although I'm beginning to think that thi is changing under Mourinho. There's strong rumours that he has great influence in the dressing room and media and would use these to disrupt the manager if frozen out. This has caused a lot of frustration among fans as we know we would be much better with him out the team. 

Overall though, I have big respect for the effort he's put in and for what he's achieved for club and country where he is almost record goalscorer for both. Those records will take a long time to beat

Admin
21 hours ago, superally said:

Not bothered about his wage, as i'm not paying it!!

He's just not as good as good as he once was that's all i'm saying.

12 hours ago, United Road said:

I can only speak from a United perspective as I don't see any reason to hate Rooney for his England career. I'm sure neutrals have their reasons with his private life allegations and on the field attitude (mainly in his earlier days) etc.

Twice he's used the club for a contract rise, putting in transfer requests and making a scene. The episode in 2010 still sticks in a lot of Utd fans' minds and puts a stain on how we determine him as a possible legend. At those points we were always a much better team when he played so we were quite desperate to keep him and give in to his demands. Now he's stuck on a colossal salary and has seemingly had special privileges (LVG said as much) meaning he never gets dropped, no matter how bad he plays (which has been Sunday League standard at times since Fergie retired). Although I'm beginning to think that thi is changing under Mourinho. There's strong rumours that he has great influence in the dressing room and media and would use these to disrupt the manager if frozen out. This has caused a lot of frustration among fans as we know we would be much better with him out the team. 

Overall though, I have big respect for the effort he's put in and for what he's achieved for club and country where he is almost record goalscorer for both. Those records will take a long time to beat

Correction....He is record goalscorer for England. 

10 hours ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Correction....He is record goalscorer for England. 

He isn't record goalscorer for Utd yet, therefore doesn't hold the record for both, which is what I said.