boro_boy

Crashed at the weekend

Was waiting to come out of a car part but some old cunt had blocked the road with his range rover. So i reversed back, drove into a free space, put my car instantly into reverse, looked behind me and to each side, it was clear so I moved out slowly, I was looking at the front of my car as I started to turn, then I heard a horn and I hit another car who decided to pull out as I was reversing, my car was more than half way out.

I gave him my insurance paper and he give me his reg, mobile and name on a piece of paper. 

It was surly his fault. There was no damage to my car so I aint claiming, but my tow bar crashed the front of his grill.

If he does put a clam in then he's a bellend, also i'm not going to take any blame for this!

On 18/10/2016 at 8:34 PM, boro_boy said:

Was waiting to come out of a car part but some old cunt had blocked the road with his range rover. So i reversed back, drove into a free space, put my car instantly into reverse, looked behind me and to each side, it was clear so I moved out slowly, I was looking at the front of my car as I started to turn, then I heard a horn and I hit another car who decided to pull out as I was reversing, my car was more than half way out.

I gave him my insurance paper and he give me his reg, mobile and name on a piece of paper. 

It was surly his fault. There was no damage to my car so I aint claiming, but my tow bar crashed the front of his grill.

If he does put a clam in then he's a bellend, also i'm not going to take any blame for this!

You never have right of way when reversing. It will be deemed your fault regardless.

25 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

No it won't. The other guy is responsible for his own front end.

If you run in the back on somebody, During normal driving conditions, It is automatically your fault. Should always keep a safe distance. Reversing is totally different, How did you ever get a driving licence not knowing this? The guy driving forward has the right of way, No exception. BB simply didnt see him, As he said he was looking at the front of his car. The other guy, Travelling forward, Even used his horn. If this went anywhere, BB would lose, As it is his fault. End of.Clearly a case of reversing into another vehicle.

9 hours ago, superally said:

If you run in the back on somebody, During normal driving conditions, It is automatically your fault. Should always keep a safe distance. Reversing is totally different, How did you ever get a driving licence not knowing this? The guy driving forward has the right of way, No exception. BB simply didnt see him, As he said he was looking at the front of his car. The other guy, Travelling forward, Even used his horn. If this went anywhere, BB would lose, As it is his fault. End of.Clearly a case of reversing into another vehicle.

He clearly started moving way after I started reversing so in my eyes its his fault he should have waited until i had carried out my manouver. See what the insurance people say. I'm not claiming, 

I've posted Elephant a message as I don't want to claim and pay £500 excess. I told them what happened and that this was for information purposes only and I do not want to make a claim.

14 hours ago, boro_boy said:

He clearly started moving way after I started reversing so in my eyes its his fault he should have waited until i had carried out my manouver. See what the insurance people say. I'm not claiming, 

I've posted Elephant a message as I don't want to claim and pay £500 excess. I told them what happened and that this was for information purposes only and I do not want to make a claim.

Not sure it was a good idea telling them. It is only necessary if making a claim. Now you are marked down as having an accident. so when you change insurers, and they ask, and accidents claims or convictions in the last 5 years, What you gonna say? It's on record fella. The digital age etc.

3 hours ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Easy one....Don't change insurers.

You drink and drive SA so that nulls your insurance.

Only if i had an accident when drunk, And seeing as im not drinking much during the week nowadays, And dont really drive much on the weekend my insurance is fine.

Shelby you really should stop being so judgemental about thing's you know nothing about.

11 hours ago, superally said:

Not sure it was a good idea telling them. It is only necessary if making a claim. Now you are marked down as having an accident. so when you change insurers, and they ask, and accidents claims or convictions in the last 5 years, What you gonna say? It's on record fella. The digital age etc.

They contacted me twice beforehand. As the other persons insurance made a claim against me. 

17 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

They contacted me twice beforehand. As the other persons insurance made a claim against me. 

Thats different, Accept no blame all you can do.

Just had this email from my now old insurance:

This claim has now been settled and we can confirm that it will not affect your No Claims Bonus. Please be aware that this could change if we receive a counterclaim from a Third Party, we shall advise you if this is the case. 

Elephant Law may be able to help with any losses not covered under your policy, even if you have not taken cover out with them. 

So looks like i'll be ringing my current insurance company up and letting them know the score. No doubt charge me for changing the insurance.