The Realist

New Car time.

Feeling confused. I like the look of the Jaguar XF. Also like the thought of buying British, and the fact that we have a car that rivals if not beats the German equivalenst.Plus i get a big company discount.

Aside from the Range Rover i had, I have stuck with German cars, They take some beating, great build quality, solid as fuck, and go on forever. What car would you go for?

4 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Nor am i, but maybe they know something you don't?

What i do know is, German built cars are a level above Toyota's. Not interested in second rate stuff. Even if they do run for ever. Not enough quality and style for me. Mazda far better.

5 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Lol. That's why VW are paying out billions in claims for crappy falsified running figures.

I'll leave you with this to feast your eyes on...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-news/consumer-news/91220/the-most-and-least-reliable-car-manufacturers-2016

Nothing in that would make me change my mind, Drove well over a million miles in German cars, Changing only the oil and tyres, Had new brake pads fitted once too. Not bad in over 20 years of driving them.

6 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

That is your choice, but the stats (and world sales figures) prove that the build quality of Toyota and most Japanese car makers far exceeds their German counterparts.

Auf Wiedersehen. 

Reliability they slightly edge it. A Toyota tho, Has as much class and style, As a fridge. The sort of thing an old man buys. Toyota are renown for reliability, Thats why dull boring people buy them. German cars for Style luxury and build quality. The build quality thing isnt even an issue. A 20 year old Mercedes, Can look great after 20 years, Japanese cars look shite after 10, although it has to be expected as they had no style of class to begin with. Then again, The amount of celebrities footballers businessmen ETC, driving around in an Avensis, May suggest i am wrong.

1 hour ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Not slightly....They win easily.

That is the thing though....Not everyone is a footballer or celebrity. Hence, they want bang for buck!

Auf weidersehen!

Fact is, Is they could afford a Merc, BMW or Audi, they would be driving one, To suggest otherwise, Is plain stupidity.

16 minutes ago, boro_boy said:

I'm liking the new Jaguars, very very nice cars. 

Pointless me posting anything else, Seems if a mod disagrees with it, It gets deleted. Not allowed to speak the truth on here anymore BB?.

On 01/11/2016 at 8:36 PM, Thomas Shelby said:

But not everyone can afford them though can they? FACT!

You asked what I would choose and I said Toyota based on them being bombproof.

It is all about opinions and choice I guess.

That is what makes the world go round. 

I respect your opinion to buy German though mate.

You just go with what you can afford. I appreciate the fact you cannot afford luxury and style. Fair enough

On 01/11/2016 at 10:04 PM, Megaboost said:

I thought Cadburys only made Chocolate Money :dash2:

Vulcan is a very rich operative, In a company who pays nowadays, £7-50 per hour, Rising to £9-50, with shift allowance.

On 02/11/2016 at 1:50 PM, Red Devil said:

Jaguar XF is a lovely car, I'd sway towards that. 

Lovely car, Nearly topped my list.

On 02/11/2016 at 6:08 PM, boro_boy said:

A thing of British built beauty and style.

On 02/11/2016 at 6:08 PM, boro_boy said:

Finally made a decision on the new car been a ballache tho. On the company scheme, I was gonna go for a Range Rover sport, that would have cost me around £375 a month, New car after 3 years, including full service and tyre package. Ex demo, and i wouldn't have to wait long for it. Anyhow went in a slightly different direction. all paperwork now done and dusted, in 4 weeks time i am gonna be driving around in one of these. It will cost me £100 a month less than my mate pays for his Ford Focus. silly not to really.

Sadly through the scheme I dont get the options i would if buying new. More a case of take this one or lump it. I can live with that tho.

The reviews on the car are all good, coupled with the fact it has Land Rover 4WD, Undoubtedly  the best in the world. I have also driven a few off the production line,which is kind of nice. I also like the fact that i ensured it was built.

Feeling excited.

Hope i dont regret not going for the Range Rover Sport, At £195 a month tho, doubt i will have any regret's. There are still some job perks that  have escaped the government's taxation.

inspiring-image-of-jaguar-f-pace-interior-2017-jaguar-f-pace-first-drive-best-seller-or-simply-best-8211-autoweek.jpg

new car.jpg

I have sold my Range Rover and for now I am driving a VW Passat estate car which to be honest is not as bad as it sounds after having driven the Range Rover for a couple of years , but being perfectly honest I can see me at some point having a Range Rover again lovely motors

2 minutes ago, fatpipe said:

I have sold my Range Rover and for now I am driving a VW Passat estate car which to be honest is not as bad as it sounds after having driven the Range Rover for a couple of years , but being perfectly honest I can see me at some point having a Range Rover again lovely motors

I never got on with the suspension in the sport. In fact i never got on with any sport suspension. Makes the ride too hard, Feel every bump. Mercedes being the worst. Holds the road great, Tho i dont drive like a loon, so dont really need it.

2 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Cars are completely lost on me, I like a new car and in fairness, it's gotta looked good. I wouldn't ever put myself in a position where I'm stretching myself for a vehicle.

Currently have a new Vauxhall insignia, I feel comfortable in it and it's not stretching me financially at all. 

I am only getting it cos of the price fella. Car like that for next to nothing really. 3 years then another new one. Bargain.

7 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Do you lease?

I buy my cars outright. 

Have always owned before. This is first time doing this. For what its costing, Crazy not too.

12 hours ago, superally said:

I never got on with the suspension in the sport. In fact i never got on with any sport suspension. Makes the ride too hard, Feel every bump. Mercedes being the worst. Holds the road great, Tho i dont drive like a loon, so dont really need it.

I had 22" inch alloy wheels on my sport so this made the ride a bit harsh anyway , it also depends what you are using it for as well just motorway driving and it was reasonable but on some back road type driving it was a pain in the arse  , the VW i have just now is very smooth handling and the ride is slick

23rd March, is the day i get the new baby had the confirmation today. Former show model, so it's loaded with everything. don't think i have ever felt so excited about getting a new car. Maybe the fact i oversee the build of them contributes.

toyota.jpg

Edited by superally