New Points System, Member Shop and Betting Apps Read more... ×
The Realist

The Christmas Thread.

It's gonna be here before we know it. Are you prepared, Or a last minute person?

What are you doing for Xmas?

What do you want for Xmas?

What you getting the loved one's for Xmas? ( we wont tell).

keep-calm-its-nearly-christmas-101.png

Not a lot, staying in Middlesbrough, going to parents for xmas lunch! And going to have a drink, not drank for 2 1/2 months, so will be instantly pissed!

Nothing! Well to be at home, all happy and healthy!

What you getting the loved one's for Xmas? ( we wont tell).

Fitbit!

30 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Same as usual, parents house for dinner followed by evening drinks and kids games with my children. 

Simple really, I want both my kids to have a fantastic day. Presents are all material to me now, I can provide for myself all year round, I don't need gifts that much anymore. 

What you getting the loved one's for Xmas? ( we wont tel

Eldest daughter, hoverboard and loads of clothes.

Youngest daughter, huge amount of toys and clothes

Wife, Whatever she want's, I will take her shopping as I'm useless at gifts. Might surprise her with an Ann summers outfit. 

That actually sounds to me like the perfect xmas.

3 hours ago, Thomas Shelby said:

I will just have a quiet one. Large dinner, couple of bottles of red and watch Dr Poo.

Boxing Day me and the Mrs are heading out on our scooters. 

New Years Eve goin to see a Blur tribute band.

I have invited my daughters over, but they already made plans.

The German Market is running until 29th December this year, Which is a bonus,

On 12/11/2016 at 10:30 PM, Red Devil said:

We're going for a weekend away in Lincoln mid December, gonna do the markets a Crimbo panto and have a look around the place. 

Lincoln has consistently been voted the most boring place in England. Yeah i been a few times, And not a lot goes on. Yet at the same time i been to Cornwall countless times cos my Mom lived there, And not a lot goes on there either. Costs a fortune to have a few days in Cornwall tho. Maybe the attraction for us City/Townie tyoes is the escape from the madness and chaos of everyday life. So all is good wherever.

When it comes to Xmas/German markets tho, Nothing touches Brum. The original and best, I really dont give a feck what the mhedia spout about Manchester, It will never be the 2nd city. It's market, And feckin airport, Dont beat ours.

What is the best part about Christmas?

For me, it's the Christmas dinner with a few drinks and all your family around having a good time. I do enjoy Christmas but I hate the build up to it with all the adverts and what not! Its just an all round good day watching shite on the TV too.

10 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Sorry but I have to laugh at this post, could you try and dangle a carrot anymore.

I couldn't care less if your City is better than mine, it's kind of like the 'my dad is harder than yours' nonsense kids spout. Regarding Lincoln, if it's boring it's boring, so what, it's got a Crimbo market and a few sites to see, plus we've got the panto at the night.

Reality check here fella. I'm not slagging Manchester in any way. I had some good times there, And the City is pretty good. I just hate the way the media hype it up. It's like a media campaign for it to be the 2nd City. Also depending what sites you look at, The results differ. There are sites/ polls that put Birmingham as the best. Solihull is supposed to be the best place to live in the UK. According to one site. Certain papers with a love of Manchester, Seem to have a hatred for Birmingham. Not sure what their agenda is, It's blatant tho. Last year our market was rated way below Manchester which pissed me off, As having been the Manchester one. It really doesn't compare. As for Lincoln, I heard on the radio the other day, It got voted most boring place again. Like i said, many sites/sources, Show different views. As for Lincoln, I am actually saying that's a good thing. Peaceful, not manic. Hope you have a good time there. xmas market few beers, panto. sounds great. Best of all, Family time.

1 minute ago, Red Devil said:

Why is this a reality check, I mentioned I was going to Lincoln for a weekend away with my kids and you responded with the alleged fact it's consistently voted the most boring city in the U.K. 

Then off the back of that, you go on to spout about the Manchester market, which in all seriousness I couldn't care if it's any better or worse than Birmingham's. Just seemed like you were on full-scale assault to get a reaction from me, call me paranoid if you like but that's how it seemed. 

Given the way you're constantly targeting Shelby, it had a similar style attack. Shelby is innocent in all of this either, he's just a bloody bad, planting comments in the hope of a reaction. In my opinion this is the kind of thing killing 'my football forum' for years.

Seriously paranoid fella.

59 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Already booked a pantomime in Manchester for Sunday evening now, just gotta get rid of four tickets in Lincoln. 

Wouldn't be happy at losing out the £60, Hopefully you will be able to sell them, Usually a decent demand for Panto tickets. Travel costs ETC, reduce the loss, Also The Manchester Xmas market, And loads of other thing's to do in Manchester, So all is not lost. Only thing i would be feeling, Is the missed opportunity of a night or two away. I love getting out of Brum to anywhere really. I always feel this more, If i have to travel through the Suburb's surrounding the City centre, Feckin depressing. Except Digbeth, Digbeth is great, One of the few areas with enough pubs left for a decent pub crawl within walking distance.

Just now, Red Devil said:

What?

Think he's saying, He is in Amsterdam. Tho if i was in Amsterdam, No feckin way would i be posting on here. Amsterdam is a beautiful City, In my old job, I had to go there once a week, As it was where the European head office was, Well still is.Must have been 100 times, Only 3 times i ever stayed overnight, Including when Rangers played Ajax, in the CL.

They have a good Xmas market, Would be better at night, Only experienced daytime visit.

10 hours ago, Thomas Shelby said:

I love Amsterdam and have been well over a 1000 times. I have a property on a canal there. It is worth a fortune, but just use it as a holiday home now. 

Shite like that, Is why you will NEVER be taken seriously. Enjoy Amsterdam anyhow. And visit the Xmas market. Not as good as ours but still good.

This is a very strange Christmas thread you have on here

Anyway

I'm still not in the Xmas mood yet

I will be putting up the decorations on Sunday..so God told me this morning

Maybe that will get my in the swing of things

2 minutes ago, Sonic said:

This is a very strange Christmas thread you have on here

Anyway

I'm still not in the Xmas mood yet

I will be putting up the decorations on Sunday..so God told me this morning

Maybe that will get my in the swing of things

Were a strange bunch on here fella. All good tho.My tree going up Saturday, Am working Sunday.