Haggis-Baws

Southgate

Should he get the Job? and does he really have what it takes to take the current England team to a respectable finish in Russia? 

Admin

I'd say no he doesn't, but what other options do we have!

Whoever takes over they have a impossible task as all the England players are over rated and over paid and don't listen to anyone. 

got  to agree  but your spot on but if there was a decent like bedding period but the demands of the fans will not allow for that 

I see no reason why he shouldn't have a crack at it, negotiated some tricky fixtures, remained undefeated and put in our best performance since Germany on Tuesday against Spain.

I thought we looked good on Tuesday, sitting deep and hitting on the counter is a play style more suited to that group of players rather than possession based going-fucking-nowhere, which just saw us combust at the Euros. 

Edited by YIDDO

Yes I think he should get the job and I see no reason why we won't go on and win the World Cup.

4 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Yes I think he should get the job and I see no reason why we won't go on and win the World Cup after making sure Scotland don't qualify. 

You must be sniffing glue. 

I would have thought results against Slovakia and Lithuania would be the reason we don't qualify not getting beat at Wembley... but if it makes you proud and that performance against us gives you confidence to go to Russia and win the world cup then fair play :dash2:

1 hour ago, YIDDO said:

I see no reason why he shouldn't have a crack at it, negotiated some tricky fixtures, remained undefeated and put in our best performance since Germany on Tuesday against Spain.

I thought we looked good on Tuesday, sitting deep and hitting on the counter is a play style more suited to that group of players rather than possession based going-fucking-nowhere, which just saw us combust at the Euros. 

Tuesday was 10x better than the performance against us for large parts of the game anyway. Although these games don't normally seem to be the problem for England. I think Russia will be a big ask for England but i fancy them to do better than they have previously 

Edited by Haggis-Baws

Admin
16 minutes ago, Thomas Shelby said:

Yes I think he should get the job and I see no reason why we won't go on and win the World Cup after making sure Scotland don't qualify. 

What do you smoke, can I have some please. 

I just have a different outlook on things.

Mine is the right way....I can't help it if you are all doom and gloom.

IMO England will win the World Cup in Russia. I am usually right about these things. 

Couldn't care less who manages anymore, we will qualify and struggle as normal, whoever is at the helm. 

At least he's English and he's achieved something at International level, all be it the under 21's, but it's still an achievement. 

i really wouldn't feel special country's like Panama, Uzbekistan and Benin are better than our mob the now :) I still enjoy watching your wee optimistic faces greet as yous get beat of Iceland or put out on Pens :) 

Edited by Haggis-Baws

2 hours ago, Red Devil said:

Couldn't care less who manages anymore, we will qualify and struggle as normal, whoever is at the helm. 

At least he's English and he's achieved something at International level, all be it the under 21's, but it's still an achievement. 

Like YIDDO posted previously, The style of football is more suited to England, Than previous formations/tactics/styles. Think i also said similar to YIDDO, In the match thread v Spain. Lets just see what he can bring to the table. Shame Southgate is so dull tho, And his interviews are painful to watch.

10 minutes ago, superally said:

Like YIDDO posted previously, The style of football is more suited to England, Than previous formations/tactics/styles. Think i also said similar to YIDDO, In the match thread v Spain. Lets just see what he can bring to the table. Shame Southgate is so dull tho, And his interviews are painful to watch.

Previous managers, Hodgson, Capello, Sven & Mclaren. 

He's got far more personality. 

3 minutes ago, Red Devil said:

Previous managers, Hodgson, Capello, Sven & Mclaren. 

He's got far more personality. 

Fair point there.